Auburn Transfer Performance

LPTiger

Please add other players.

UCF -- Hudson, Gatewood, MA Richards, Hunter did not record any stats.   Does not appear Gatewood or Hunter had a snap.

Indiana -- Little ball of hate -- 15 carries, 28 yds, 1 rec, 9 yards 1 TD -- really showed his toughness shaking off a brutal hit on play #1.

Purdue -- Canion no catches, OC Brothers 5 tackles   

QB Dee Davis, Al. State~~~16/23 passing, 184 yards 1 TD, 1 INT~~~ QB rating 142. ~~~9 rushes for 37 yards. That includes deductions for two sacks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

QB Dee Davis, Al. State~~~16/23 passing, 184 yards 1 TD, 1 INT~~~ QB rating 142. ~~~9 rushes for 37 yards. That includes deductions for two sacks.

Was very mediocre 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Surprised with Hudson since he was supposed to be “the guy” for Auburn had he stayed

Yes I hate to say it but when he left I was telling folks do not be surprised if he goes backwards. Been only one week don’t , so maybe that production will increase as he gets more comfortable. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Compared to what?

You don’t have to compare what you saw to anyone else. His performance was just mediocre. Hope he does well and has a good season but his performance was not power 5 quality 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes I hate to say it but when he left I was telling folks do not be surprised if he goes backwards. Been only one week don’t , so maybe that production will increase as he gets more comfortable. 

Yea I’m not sure if he was targeted or even played. 

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

You don’t have to compare what you saw to anyone else. His performance was just mediocre. Hope he does well and has a good season but his performance was not power 5 quality 

He did very well for it being the first college game he was allowed to play in. Maybe if he had been given a chance last season after Nix was out and Finley was hobbling around things would have worked out better for Davis at AU. We'll never know because he wasn't afforded that opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He did very well for it being the first college game he was allowed to play in. Maybe if he had been given a chance last season after Nix was out and Finley was hobbling around things would have worked out better for Davis at AU. We'll never know because he wasn't afforded that opportunity.

Mikey, do you think the reason he wasn't afforded that opportunity was because (1) even though Finley could hardly move the coaches correctly felt Finley was the better option or (2) the coaches misjudged Davis' ability, and he was in fact an Auburn level QB.  If it was #2, why then did Dee end up at a FCS school.  58 QBs transferred to FBS schools, but not Dee.   Did Dee have FBS offers and choose to step down to FCS? 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Was very mediocre 

Qb rating of 142 doesn’t seem mediocre to me. Not sure of this scale though. Also understand who he was playing against.

Edited by Hank2020

That lick put on Shaun at the beginning of the Indiana game....😬😳😕.  And he STILL attempted to stay in the game.  Goodness....he’s tough as nails.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Qb rating of 142 doesn’t seem mediocre to me. Not sure of this scale though. Also understand who he was playing against.

I watched the throws…..his WRs helped him a good bit and Vs better competition would have thrown 2 more ints 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamma said:

That lick put on Shaun at the beginning of the Indiana game....😬😳😕.  And he STILL attempted to stay in the game.  Goodness....he’s tough as nails.

Yes he is. In addition to the opening play where he got popped, they kept having in pass protection by himself taking on huge ends and LBs and he got knocked around a lot. And yet made the play at the end to ice the game. Great heart. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought he flashed great instincts and elevated the play of his teammates. I could see him getting back to the power 5 level in a year or two. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Mikey, do you think the reason he wasn't afforded that opportunity was because (1) even though Finley could hardly move the coaches correctly felt Finley was the better option or (2) the coaches misjudged Davis' ability, and he was in fact an Auburn level QB.

Well, one of those two things was certainly true.

If it was #2, why then did Dee end up at a FCS school.  58 QBs transferred to FBS schools, but not Dee.   Did Dee have FBS offers and choose to step down to FCS? 

I guess you'd have to ask him.

On 9/3/2022 at 8:01 AM, LPTiger said:

Please add other players.

UCF -- Hudson, Gatewood, MA Richards, Hunter did not record any stats.   Does not appear Gatewood or Hunter had a snap.

Indiana -- Little ball of hate -- 15 carries, 28 yds, 1 rec, 9 yards 1 TD -- really showed his toughness shaking off a brutal hit on play #1.

Purdue -- Canion no catches, OC Brothers 5 tackles   

I saw Canion catch at least one ball. It made the highlights of the Purdue game and was a nice catch. 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:36 AM, Mikey said:

He's not an SEC caliber QB. He is tiny with a below-average arm. The speed of the defenses in the SEC is too great for those limitations, especially the arm strength as it limits what you can do offensively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:52 PM, Gowebb11 said:

I thought he flashed great instincts and elevated the play of his teammates. I could see him getting back to the power 5 level in a year or two. 

He's supposed to be an SEC player playing QB at an FBS school vs bad teams.  He's not getting back to P5 teams throwing for 180 a game.

Of note, Davis didn't even start their 2nd game.

• Sad 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:30 AM, JMassie11 said:

It was also the first game he’s ever played in.