*Official Auburn vs. San Jose State Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Dude was bear hugging our defender there to stop a sack. What the heck?

You don't get those calls against opponents like... *checks notes*... San Diego State.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I always hear our secondary should be the strongest unit, yet the last couple of years I have been thoroughly unimpressed.

i would pass 90% of the time against Auburn.  i say that every year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

The d-line has been dominating. It is by far not the d-line.

Maybe it’s scheme then I dunno. I do know it seems like they are completing a lot of passes. Middle and slant are killing us. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Me either but I don’t know enough about secondary play to know if it’s the play calls or the players. They are throwing all over us and we are not making it hard for them at all.  Secondary is the one area of the field we’ve actually recruited well. 

I think it is both. People want to s*** on the coaches but man, players got to make plays too. Three guys right there on the slant and he gets through all three of them. Guys dropping passes, holding, throwing bad balls. Missing simple tackles. Ultimately, it falls at the feet of the coaching staff, but it is annoying when you see guys just don't make the dang play too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Did you watch him play against UGA the other day? 

He looked really horrid against the almost wire to wire best team in football since last Aug. I've seen Finley look that bad against teams half as good as UGA 

We have multiple years of a body of work for both QBs. I applaud TJ as he is our current QB, but it's fair to admit Nix has been a better player. That's just me agreeing to disagree and I don't want to flood the thread with Nix talk with us already going through our own tribulations lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sounds like you need to get a new 70 inch OLED 4K TV. Just tell your family that. 

I’m watching on an old ass 50” Samsung PLASMA and WISH it was showing lime green so I could replace it. 

I have a 1 year old Samsung 4K OLED and House of the Dragon looks nice as hell on it. I think it’s a combination of ESPN cameras and Auburn’s field lighting.

32 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

He is. Dude use to be at Hawaii chucking the ball all over the field. They were not good as a team but Chevan can sling it.

Absolutely, they wished he was there this year

• Like 1