*Official Auburn vs. San Jose State Game Thread*

abw0004

TJ def a rhythm/volume passer.

Has got to get the reps in otherwise he's going to be abysmal. Still don't understand putting Robby in to run glorified veer that everyone knows is coming. Maybe some big-brained building a tendency deal so it can be broken later but I dunno.

Just now, cole256 said:

Safe to say Finley saved us from starting to feel the pressure of losing this game. 

I don't know if he's going to good or not but he at least tries to attack the middle of the field and we haven't done that in years

He looks way better when attacking the middle of the field. When he looks to the perimeter, or a little dump off, that's when I start to get nervous

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I kept yelling, “Get the first down”!

Me too. I think we all did. I mean, it's not that Shenker doesn't have speed....oh, wait, yes it is.

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Are we at the point where we should celebrate a completion?  Have we sunk that low?

If we are at the point where we give up on a guy after one throw absolutely.

A 4 th down play where a guy got thru the line without being touched? Yeah

• Like 3

Just now, AUbritt said:

He looks way better when attacking the middle of the field. When he looks to the perimeter, or a little dump off, that's when I start to get nervous

I can’t blame him. Throwing swing passes and out routes feels so unnatural. Of course I played DE so, maybe I just suck at throwing.

• Haha 1

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Me too. I think we all did. I mean, it's not that Shenker doesn't have speed....oh, wait, yes it is.

Shenker needs to get his head in the game. Iono what the heck is going on with him. I could not believe he cut back like that...thankfully it kept the drive going.

• Like 1

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Has got to get the reps in otherwise he's going to be abysmal. Still don't understand putting Robby in to run glorified veer that everyone knows is coming. Maybe some big-brained building a tendency deal so it can be broken later but I dunno.

I sorta agree. However, I think the coaches aren’t sure he’ll find that rhythm. So they are “hoping” to get lucky. 
If TJ will settle in and trust his arm, I think he could do well. 

Is it just safe to say that Finley will make good passes and then some bad passes?  And we just have to hope there are more good than bad? I think it’s that simple. 

Just now, cole256 said:

If we are at the point where we give up on a guy after one throw absolutely.

A 4 th down play where a guy got thru the line without being touched? Yeah

Finley has had plenty of chances.  If you want to buy in on him, go for it.  I think he’s shown he just doesn’t have it.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I think he could be decent, maybe even dangerous with a consistent run game. Keep him with down and shorts we could have something

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Question why did we wait to use Hunter? 🤔

I was searching for that. Thought there was some announcement about him not playing tonight or something. 

5 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Is that what he was doing 😆

7 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Is it just me or does Shenker look sort of lethargic when he runs?

No that’s called slow. He has to get upfield and hit that yellow line. No parallel crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Finley has had plenty of chances.  If you want to buy in on him, go for it.  I think he’s shown he just doesn’t have it.  

Lol ok

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hunter’s celebration jump in the air is a good way to **** your knee or ankle up and be out for the season. Stick to the Lutzi dance, man.

Good thing he's not 300lbs+