Prediction for Penn State at AU?

gr82b4au

Man, I have been optimistic all off-season about this program but with how my week had been going I can’t help but feel pessimistic about Saturday. It’d be just the icing on the cake to have my crap week end with an embarrassing beat down of Auburn at home. 

• Sad 1

I am definitely no spend all my time learning about other teams or AU for that matter, but I do have a couple of thoughts on this one. 
1) I think the crowd could play a factor for sure

2) The D has to at the very least match takeaways with PSU, but would be better to win that battle outright. 
3) Coaching- They have to put our QB(s) in good situations and that starts with play calling. To piggy back off of this, our D coaching must call the correct plays to help disrupt the backfield, but not over pursue, as I hear and read they have a couple of backs that can explode, not to mention, this should hopefully help a weak secondary unit.

4) The players have to make sound decisions with the ball on O and this reverts back mainly to our QB(s) not making errant throws. TJ should know by now to throw it away instead of forcing something. We don’t have the receivers that are good enough at this point of the season, yet. I truly believe they will improve a lot. 
5) Win both lines of scrimmage which is a given.

Prediction- This is what I am basing the above being carried out: AU 22- PSU 17. 

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I think:

1. I'm not a football expert.

2. We are not a good football team.  We have no clear-cut starting QB, nor do we have one on the roster.  We have not showed we can pass the ball effectively, even against the two cupcake teams we've played thus far.

3. Our offensive strength (the running game) is hindered by #2 above.

4. Our wide receiver corps are below average.

5. Our coaching staff is average at best.

6. We are playing at home, which helps.

I can never pick against Auburn.  We will win in a defensive shootout, 19-17.

Defensive shootout! That’s a new one!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

Defensive shootout! That’s a new one!

Yet I'm an old guy.  AU class of 1985.  FM - no static at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I see, you must be friendly with a certain…Doctor Wu

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Sir, that is not an old guy. I graduated Dec. 1975.

Prediction:

PSU will definitely try to shut down the AU running game and force our QB to win it.

TJ will need to elevate his game to a previously unseen performance level. I hope he does.

For that matter the skill position people need to elevate their game along with the back end of 

the defense.

The offense cannot leave the defense on the field most of the game.

Tossing all logic aside I will say:

AU - 21

PSU - 17

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

Sir, that is not an old guy. I graduated Dec. 1975.

Prediction:

PSU will definitely try to shut down the AU running game and force our QB to win it.

TJ will need to elevate his game to a previously unseen performance level. I hope he does.

For that matter the skill position people need to elevate their game along with the back end of 

the defense.

The offense cannot leave the defense on the field most of the game.

Tossing all logic aside I will say:

AU - 21

PSU - 17

?

39 minutes ago, Didba said:

?

I think he meant for that post to go to MaxCohen. It kinda threw me for a loop too. He replied to Max's quote but used your name. I've seen that happen before on here. 

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I think he meant for that post to go to MaxCohen. It kinda threw me for a loop too. He replied to Max's quote but used your name. I've seen that happen before on here. 

Maybe he was reacting to Dibha’s 1st time (that I recall) pessimism.

On 9/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, Didba said:

Man, I have been optimistic all off-season about this program but with how my week had been going I can’t help but feel pessimistic about Saturday. It’d be just the icing on the cake to have my crap week end with an embarrassing beat down of Auburn at home. 

Very sorry. Hope it ends on a good note.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Very sorry. Hope it ends on a good note.

Appreciate it. It has ended on an uptick. Hopefully tomorrow continues the upward trajectory.  The wife is visiting her parents for the week and we don't have kids so its just been a blah week.

• Like 1

US- More

Them- less

Surprise a lot of Auburn fans this weekend. Our Defense plays like the 21 IB. Offense gets the run game going strong with 0 turnovers