For The Program….For The Future

autigeremt

56 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

hope to see you in Jordan Hare! War Eagle! 

I'm not spending ~$1000 (gas/tickets/hotel/etc.) and making a 10 hour round trip to see this hot garbage.  I'll pull for the players through my TV.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm not spending ~$1000 (gas/tickets/hotel/etc.) and making a 10 hour round trip to see this hot garbage.  I'll pull for the players through my TV.

Why don't u tell us how u really feel!

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Why don't u tell us how u really feel!

Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated.  As expensive as it is to go see a game now, AU is going to have to put a product on the field that makes me desire to take on the cost.

I've made the trip for 4 basketball games now since I made my last trip for football.  It helps that the hotels are less expensive during basketball season.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Understandable there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Wish I was that close

• Like 3

Not to mention that lack of butts in the seats (revenue) is going to be the next thing that gets the ball rolling in another direction.

After BH is gone I'd consider coming back to support our guys again this season 

• Like 2

I live 40 minutes from my driveway to JHS.  Normally we travel to away games 2-3 times a year for Auburn football, I've seen every stadium in the conference at least once.   I will not be driving to Oxford for a 11:00am kick vs Ole Miss and I'm not going to MSU or aTm this year.

Once I see a competitive team with a competent coaching staff and I see a team to be proud of I'll get back to forking out several grand a year for travel costs.  Until then, I'll be down the road in JHS screaming like a fool for the Tigers. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I live 40 minutes from my driveway to JHS.  Normally we travel to away games 2-3 times a year for Auburn football, I've seen every stadium in the conference at least once.   I will not be driving to Oxford for a 11:00am kick vs Ole Miss and I'm not going to MSU or aTm this year.

Once I see a competitive team with a competent coaching staff and I see a team to be proud of I'll get back to forking out several grand a year for travel costs.  Until then, I'll be down the road in JHS screaming like a fool for the Tigers. 

Yeah, definitely makes it easier and more enticing when you live that close.  We may go up for the MSU game because my wife is a State grad and she wants to see an assured win...

• Like 2

It’s really bad in my house. My wife is a New Mexico State grad and I can’t even talk smack to her this year. 🥲

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Yeah, definitely makes it easier and more enticing when you live that close.  We may go up for the MSU game because my wife is a State grad and she wants to see an assured win...

My wife is an MSU grad also. We are a right at an hour from Starkville but won't make it this year because I, by the grace of God, have to work that day. First one we've missed here since '14.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Still the best game day experience out there…it’s what makes it great for me, just seeing the fans and the atmosphere. Winning the game is just extra, but hey that’s just me 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I live in Auburn, and I’m not going. 😂 but I do have three babies making it difficult to go. Lol. 

Yes you do!

3 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

It's a bit of a hike for me -- around 2700 miles one way.  I do all my cheering (& cursing) at the TV.  Still want to see a win so, WDE.

All my cheering is from the tv at ungodly hours of the morning.  I am about 10,000 miles away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Times are tough on the football plains of Auburn right now. No news flash there! Harsin is coaching on borrowed time and a new AD is around the corner. For the seniors, the students and the program let’s keep up the good fight! Send a signal to the future players and the current players giving it all they have. Chin up, chest out, back straight….and eyes with pride! 

No way I'd consider spending any of my money getting to an Auburn football game for the kind of product they're putting on the field. What is it like now - about $1000 for 4 friends to game and weekend? No Phkn Whey - none whatsoever. #WDE

• Like 1

I don't know what the hell I'm doing but I just watched a video and I'm convinced that "Who is SWAC?" Mr. Deion Sanders should be highly considered for Auburn's next football coach! I wasn't sure about him, but I really think he has what it takes. I think the players will respond to his attitude and leadership. I know I'd send my son to play for him wherever he goes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s really bad in my house. My wife is a New Mexico State grad and I can’t even talk smack to her this year. 🥲

My sister and her husband live in Oregon and are Duck fans. For the past month every Sunday morning I get a Thank You card in my email, thanking me for sending Bo Nix to them. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Times are tough on the football plains of Auburn right now. No news flash there! Harsin is coaching on borrowed time and a new AD is around the corner. For the seniors, the students and the program let’s keep up the good fight! Send a signal to the future players and the current players giving it all they have. Chin up, chest out, back straight….and eyes with pride! 

It’s an away game. 

In all seriousness, I have multiple kids that go to AU and I have been/will continue to go to home games. Gives me a chance to get to God’s country, hang with family, and tailgate with the best fans in the world. 

Auburn is my home away from home. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

My sister and her husband live in Oregon and are Duck fans. For the past month every Sunday morning I get a Thank You card in my email, thanking me for sending Bo Nix to them. :(

I bet you enjoy them every week; am I wrong?