Both Sides are not the same

TexasTiger

On 11/5/2022 at 4:29 PM, AU9377 said:

I am sick and tired on once again hearing that Republican candidates love America and Democrats hate America.  It is so juvenile, yet is embarrassingly effective in getting the attention of some on the far right.  It should be insulting to every American, especially Republicans.  And please, don't try to pretend that that is the same as calling out election deniers.  It isn't.  People that claim there was widespread election fraud in the 2020 election are simply liars at this point. 

Thank you.  Cults must cultivate enemies.  Making Americans believe their friends, family, neighbors are their enemies is effective politics and, effective destruction of civility, society, the country.

This is perhaps the most subversive message ever in the history of American politics.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Unfortunately the Ukraine-Russian war has become political.  It shouldn't be because when the USA, UK and Russia pressured Ukraine to relinquish their nuclear arms, each promised to protect Ukraine.  I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been mentioned.  That was a deal that should never have been made, meaning that Ukraine should not have been pressured to surrender its weapons, but it was and America/UK should stand with that obligation, for better or worse.  The problem is that we aren't giving a full-throated effort to do so.

A Republican House will not support Ukraine. Putin has them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just reading through these replies makes me think that both sides are staunch supporters of what they believe. They are going to believe what their party tells them over what the other party says. Democrats are bad, Republicans are bad, heck even libertarians are bad to some degree. IF we were to be given actual facts instead of political conjecture based on a very small percentage of this country's view then we would all see that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats actually give a rip about you, me, or any of us underlings... if you don't believe that look at what BOTH administration's have done over the last 20 years. Before they began the process of separating and dividing the American people and weaponising the media to push a political agenda instead of actual facts we were a FAR AND AWAY better country. Now there are carreer politicians in office that have all the power and can continue to control us through these same methods because we have become so fueled by hate and intolerance that if you don't see it my way then you are wrong... 

Long story short, TRUMP BAD (republicans), BIDEN BAD (Democrats) stop being hate filled and divisive and learn to love and communicate to work together toward a common good.. 

Which is a pipe dream at this point because we are to weak as a population to regain control of our DEMOCRATIC NATION and remind these career politicians that they work for us and not the other way round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Taker said:

Just reading through these replies makes me think that both sides are staunch supporters of what they believe. They are going to believe what their party tells them over what the other party says. Democrats are bad, Republicans are bad, heck even libertarians are bad to some degree. IF we were to be given actual facts instead of political conjecture based on a very small percentage of this country's view then we would all see that neither the Republicans nor the Democrats actually give a rip about you, me, or any of us underlings... if you don't believe that look at what BOTH administration's have done over the last 20 years. Before they began the process of separating and dividing the American people and weaponising the media to push a political agenda instead of actual facts we were a FAR AND AWAY better country. Now there are carreer politicians in office that have all the power and can continue to control us through these same methods because we have become so fueled by hate and intolerance that if you don't see it my way then you are wrong... 

Long story short, TRUMP BAD (republicans), BIDEN BAD (Democrats) stop being hate filled and divisive and learn to love and communicate to work together toward a common good.. 

Which is a pipe dream at this point because we are to weak as a population to regain control of our DEMOCRATIC NATION and remind these career politicians that they work for us and not the other way round. 

image.gif