MSU Cohen as new AD?

gravejd

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Heard it and also hoping. 

Interesting. On3 making it sound like a lot of people, including coaches and boosters, are very upset about a Cohen hire, which makes me think Roberts went rogue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

Interesting. On3 making it sound like a lot of people, including coaches and boosters, are very upset about a Cohen hire, which makes me think Roberts went rogue

I doubt he went rogue.  He knows what happened to the last time someone went rogue and hired Harsin

28 minutes ago, au302 said:

If true, he had 2 1/2 months without a permanent AD, and he goes rogue? I can’t believe I was optimistic about this situation but…

I really thought after the former Pres, to Greene, to Harsin fiascos, Auburn would get this right!

After paying Gus and staff to leave, now having to pay Harsin and company to leave, one would think AU would get this one right!

Why does this always seem to happen?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

If true, he had 2 1/2 months without a permanent AD, and he goes rogue? I can’t believe I was optimistic about this situation but…

I really thought after the former Pres, to Greene, to Harsin fiascos, Auburn would get this right!

After paying Gus and staff to leave, now having to pay Harsin and company to leave, one would think AU would get this one right!

Everyone was sick of the boosters making the decisions... 

So can we get Hartwell back into play if Roberts truly listens to the concerns of the power brokers? The optimist part of me (yes it exists lol) says that if Roberts did make a mistake then he's trying to listen to what others have to say. Which Greene did not.

@NWALA Tiger: Do you know who the list was? If so, are you able to say who's on it?

Edited by AUwent

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So can we get Hartwell back into play if Roberts truly listens to the concerns of the power brokers? The optimist part of me (yes it exists lol) says that if Roberts did make a mistake then he's trying to listen to what others have to say. Which Greene did not.

@NWALA Tiger: Do you know who the list was? If so, are you able to say who's on it?

Meanwhile, Gus has UCF and Freeze has liberty in the top 25. What on earth were we and are we thinking?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Meanwhile, Gus has UCF and Freeze has liberty in the top 25. What on earth were we and are we thinking?

I'll say it again. If Gus had just made good OL hires, he should've been kept.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

Just now, AUwent said:

So if Roberts reconsiders, would that just give McGlynn the position? Did we burn bridges with Hartwell?

He’s not happy that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I'll say it again. If Gus had just made good OL hires, he should've been kept.

Even if they wanted to get rid of him because they were looking for another Kirby Smart or Nick Saban, for the life of me, I can’t understand why they thought Harsin was going to be better. It all goes back to the trifecta of bad hires!

And after getting rid of two of the three of the trifecta, we now have a school president that appears (we don’t really know what’s going on) to be struggling to hire a AD! I just don’t get it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

AND if he’d evolved his offensive scheme, AND if he’d relinquished playcalling to a more dynamic and creative OC, AND if he’d evaluated and recruited olinemen……

We get it, who on earth thought Harsin would be better. Oh yeah, Alan Greene because he liked him in a swimming pool.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

We get it, who on earth thought Harsin would be better. Oh yeah, Alan Greene because he liked him in a swimming pool.

A hot tub! Big difference!

image.jpeg

Edited by AUwent
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

What I was told, by an awful wealthy donor son, (the son now, not the donor himself), the boosters didn’t want Leath, they didn’t want Greene and they didn’t want Harsin. But they sure are paying for them!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

What I was told, by an awful wealthy donor son, (the son now, not the donor himself), the boosters didn’t want Leath, they didn’t want Greene and they didn’t want Harsin. But they sure are paying for them!

Impossible! We all know that every bad thing that happens at Auburn is the fault of the boosters!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Seems like a systemic issue that has plagued us for a while now. Imo it all traces back up to the top: the Board of Trustees. They are the ones that blew the Leath hire.

Leath hire sent us down a road of horrible extension, division with Pearl drama, and ultimately ADAG and Harsin. And look, I at least respect ADAG for shooting his shot. Just didn't work out. 

They then had to ask Gogue out of retirement after the Leath disaster. He was tired and checked out. Don't blame him. He didn't want to politic or play the game, and thus a firewall was built from the admin to the outside world.

After this, they again went in-house and hired a guy who has been a Dean his whole life. Great Dean, but looks like he may be in over his head as President. Sort of like how some coaches are great in smaller conferences, but in over their heads in the SEC.

All this to say everything in an organization traces to the top. I'm not sure how we can fix our BOT, but it has to happen. I'm not even advocating for specific members of the BOT to be removed. Just that on the whole we clearly need some new blood and fresh ideas in there

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So if Roberts reconsiders, would that just give McGlynn the position? Did we burn bridges with Hartwell?

No one knows, these so-called insiders have blown this one again.

Very sensible question though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The Hartwell situation has been so weird. Really curious on if the guy was ever even a serious candidate or just a smoke screen, like Jhead and co wondered 

Regardless, I do hope Roberts listens to the money men if they truly don't want Cohen.

EDIT: JGT says that Cohen will likely--80-85% confidence--be named AD tomorrow (I read this on a public forum btw). So I hope if that happens the PTB are bought in.

Edited by AUwent

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

The Hartwell situation has been so weird. Really curious on if the guy was ever even a serious candidate or just a smoke screen, like Jhead and co wondered 

If so, nothing about Cohen seems worth the cloak and dagger. Honestly, the guy's resume isn't that awe inspiring. MSU has a history of strong baseball pre-dating him as AD. Moorhead was a terrible hire and Leach hasn't done anything special to date. He apparently is not a big fan of NIL (neither am I, but reality is what it is) and state fans have grumbled about how he has handled facilities and money. It's just a weird stretch to come out of nowhere and if this puts us in a spot where we end up with someone like Mcglynn as AD, there's no telling how stupid things might get. Harsin might even get another year. 

Those who suggest we need to take a look at our BOT are right. It's almost like there's a saboteur involved, things are so perennially poorly handled. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

If so, nothing about Cohen seems worth the cloak and dagger. Honestly, the guy's resume isn't that awe inspiring. MSU has a history of strong baseball pre-dating him as AD. Moorhead was a terrible hire and Leach hasn't done anything special to date. He apparently is not a big fan of NIL (neither am I, but reality is what it is) and state fans have grumbled about how he has handled facilities and money. It's just a weird stretch to come out of nowhere and if this puts us in a spot where we end up with someone like Mcglynn as AD, there's no telling how stupid things might get. Harsin might even get another year. 

Those who suggest we need to take a look at our BOT are right. It's almost like there's a saboteur involved, things are so perennially poorly handled. 

At first I hated the idea of Cohen. The more I looked into it I talked myself into it, but for sure not the strongest resume. I was big on the Nunez train, but oh well. The unfortunate part is that the sites are really hammering the narrative that there is a lot of blowback from prominent people on this. 

Latest updates from both On3 and Rivals as of 20 mins ago is that as of right now he is still the favorite. Hoke seems to think despite being spurned people will begrudgingly still get behind this regime and give them a fair shot. But regardless, this seems like another unideal situation, to put it lightly 

32 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Most people thought Morehead was a good hire until he got there. He was one if the leading OC/DC hires listed. He definitely did not work out, though.

This is the same stupid s*** that got us in the mess we’re in right now - idiots going rogue and not getting all the players on the same page.

Can we fire Roberts at this point?  We seem hellbent on not learning from the past. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1