If Deion Sanders is Hired...

MaxCohen216

20 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’d be careful with this. Deion is very emotionally vested into jax st and the hcbu’s. He donates half his salary back to them.  He’s not your usual coaching mercenary. Leaving them high and dry and raiding their talent probably isn’t an option or a good look for him nationally. In fact, to get him, probably something reciprocal with jax st  (creatively) would have to take place.

I would like to know what kind of synergy we could create with the HBCUs that would make Deion feel as if he wasn’t abandoning his mission.  Anyone have any creative thoughts on this? 

Im thinking some kind of development pipeline for players who may not quite be SEC caliber yet. Endowments to help fund improvements in HBCU facilities.  Support in helping HBCUs develop NIL. It would be cool to see bigger universities “adopt” smaller universities and bring them along, financially and academically.  Anything else?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I would like to know what kind of synergy we could create with the HBCUs that would make Deion feel as if he wasn’t abandoning his mission.  Anyone have any creative thoughts on this? 

Im thinking some kind of development pipeline for players who may not quite be SEC caliber yet. Endowments to help fund improvements in HBCU facilities.  Support in helping HBCUs develop NIL. It would be cool to see bigger universities “adopt” smaller universities and bring them along, financially and academically.  Anything else?

His mission wasn't ever to help HBCU's. His mission was to do the best for the kids. He's been saying the school's themselves should be more proactive about that and hopefully the community would as well.

He also has been saying people need to give HBCU's a chance and come in and experience it for themselves because HBCU's has alot to offer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Absolutely perfect thinking. We’re a public, different state institution so it might be tricky. But imo if we could do something along your lines - we probably get him, it’s a win-win, and we actual get some feel-good PR. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Kind of like a minor league team.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Since that article predicting Kiffin was leaving after "this season" was written in 2021 it's pretty much an epic fail. The quotes from high school coaches may be accurate.

That is the only part I cared about.  If true and the way he doesn't prioritize his D then that make me not want him.  There were stories of him down here in FL doing the same thing.  SO the portal will not last forever, we will still need to recruit at a high level to compete with our Rivals.  That is why I still favor Prime as I believe he will put in that work.

22 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Can y'all imagine the NEXT Deion-Saban Aflac commercial if Prime is hired at AU?

I can't wait to see it.  Deion will Kick Saban's ass if given enough time...

60 minutes!

23 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

This thread has had 3 good replies in less than 2 minutes, on an otherwise slow day.

Yeah, you probably should’ve started another thread on Bo Nix or Gus Malzahn.   This Deion stuff is so irrelevant!🤣🤣🤣

On 11/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

These questions couldn’t have been asked in the handful of other Deion threads?

They can be asked in those other threads and in this one. Obviusly the subject matter is of interest to many on here, thus the multiple threads. Guessing you want someone else.

4 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

With Tuskegee and Alabama St right down the road, maybe there could be some synergy for some of the player personal developmental programs. (Guest speakers, recreational Outings, etc…)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

They can be asked in those other threads and in this one. Obviusly the subject matter is of interest to many on here, thus the multiple threads. Guessing you want someone else.

No, Deion is my primary choice. I just don’t see the necessity of creating a thread for questions and opinions that can be answered in the other threads. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 12:56 PM, auburnatl1 said:

The 257th prime thread. Which says a lot by itself. Candidly, “it’s the easiest decision in the history of decisions”.  Seriously. Plus theres virtually no buyout. Dear lord.

But -it’s the luring him here part where the compelling. creative, brilliant part comes  in.

Charles and Bo are of his generation so I'm hoping they are on the persuasion committee. Takeo would be a good persuader as well. He was coming in toward the end of Prime's NFL career...

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

No, Deion is my primary choice. I just don’t see the necessity of creating a thread for questions and opinions that can be answered in the other threads. 

Go organize you closet. This board is for entertainment. 

On 11/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, Auburn Tiger said:

If Deion is hired, I’ll do a backflip. And I don’t know how to do a backflip. 

I took a gymnastics class while I was in college and I got to the point where I could do a back spring but that was many moons ago.

If Prime Time comes to Auburn instead of a back handspring I'll go with a big whoo hot damn Tijuana. :trampoline:

Sanders biggest issue was HBCU's signing to play games they knew they would get killed in for low amount of money. He said why would you risk your players mental psyche and confidence for a pay day that didn't even cover the trip there and back. He said the players are worth more than that.

He actually rubbed many in the HBCU the wrong way. But like he said his number one concern is the players because he look their parents in their eyes and he tells them he will look over them and protect them to the best of his ability

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

His mission wasn't ever to help HBCU's. His mission was to do the best for the kids. He's been saying the school's themselves should be more proactive about that and hopefully the community would as well.

He also has been saying people need to give HBCU's a chance and come in and experience it for themselves because HBCU's has alot to offer. 

Maybe partner with in state HBCU's and offer a combined PRO day where some kids that may not get a chance to get a look live from NFL teams could get a shot and a fair evaluation in one place..

maybe that could even get some other states AG colleges like Miss ST and A&M to do the same...

maybe even extend to combined recruiting camps for some kids to get a look for prospective colleges that may not get a shot with the traditional universities.. may actually land some kids we wouldn't have before, some kids may get opportunities elsewhere they may not have before... win win??

help more kids find a team and get and education... and also help more kids maybe find a pro career after college...  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Thank you for informing me, guy with 100 posts that joined this year. 

My worth in life is not dictated by how many posts I’ve made or when I joined anything. If another Deon thread opened right now, you’d be rushing there to see what’s said. Got that sock drawer organized yet?

• Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

My worth in life is not dictated by how many posts I’ve made or when I joined anything. If another Deon thread opened right now, you’d be rushing there to see what’s said. Got that sock drawer organized yet?

Ok. 

5 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Saw somewhere on twitter Deion called Cam Newton to talk Auburn.. not sure if it’s valid but that sure would be fun.. Cam in maybe a recruiting role..

Damn, forgot about Cam! All those superstar NFL AU alums- Brown, Williams, Bo, Spikes, all of em bleed orange/blue. C’mom Auburn heros join Sir Charles B and help make it happen!

17 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Go organize you closet. This board is for entertainment. 

Seriously what's next.......your momma insults.....grow up.

• Like 1

I listen to a lot of podcasts, especially Auburn podcasts. Most are in agreement that Deion would be a recruiting boost immediately. 
I find it interesting that the Auburn Xpress podcast was not necessarily on board with the Deion hire. They said that there would be a backlash from a lot of African-Americans that just don’t like him. They also said that he may not be ready to take a job of this magnitude. Not that he can’t do it, but does he want to or even need to take this job. He has a pretty good gig and this would be a major step up in duties, etc. 
The SEC is a dog eat dog world.

18 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

With Tuskegee and Alabama St right down the road, maybe there could be some synergy for some of the player personal developmental programs. (Guest speakers, recreational Outings, etc…)

I don't know if it still happens but we shared Professors with Tuskegee back when I was at AU.  They got the same education in technical subjects as AU for a lower price.  You want to help them out.  Pay them more when you schedule them.  Simple that goes along ways in helping out their athletics.