Give me Mike Gundy and I’ll give you a natty

NES

Mike Gundy is a proven winner at a step-sister program compared to OU. Regularly wins 10 games. Every 3-4 years makes a run at the playoffs. Develops players. Minimum drama. Finally, I’m a man statement — I love it. Nothing against Lane 0 personality; Nothing against Prime 0 power 5 experience; Nothing against Freeze 0  championships; Nothing against Aranda 0 to say look a Baylor now; give me Gundy and Auburn competes for championships every 3-5 years and are regularly good.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 5

I would not call the man an idiot. Sounds like he hurt someone's feelings.

However, as we have just experienced, the SEC is about recruiting. I am not sure I can trust a coach that has no SEC/Southeast recruiting experience again.

Therefore, that would be a no for me dawg.

• Like 3

Losing bad happens from time to time. Put his record against any candidate respectfully. Also ever human is flawed. I can except his flaws that I know. Auburn is a special place an with a competent coach we’ll all be happy. I don’t and won’t complain no matter who’s hired. But beforehand please no prime time 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

No he's a MAN at 40:poke:

Almost 50 by now. 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Grundy…. ok we’ve worked through all the A-F’s and we’re at the G’s now.😇

Ugh.  H is Harsin. Let’s skip that letter.  

Edited by 3rdgeneration

I’d still say Kiffin is way more scary to Coach Satan and Kirby than Gundy would be. Not a terrible idea though IMHumbleO. I’ve heard worse last few days. 

55 minutes ago, NES said:

Mike Gundy is a proven winner at a step-sister program compared to OU. Regularly wins 10 games. Every 3-4 years makes a run at the playoffs. Develops players. Minimum drama. Finally, I’m a man statement — I love it. Nothing against Lane 0 personality; Nothing against Prime 0 power 5 experience; Nothing against Freeze 0  championships; Nothing against Aranda 0 to say look a Baylor now; give me Gundy and Auburn competes for championships every 3-5 years and are regularly good.

dsff.gif.ee7a004735b270d92707585d75b05601.gif

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, NES said:

Losing bad happens from time to time. Put his record against any candidate respectfully. Also ever human is flawed. I can except his flaws that I know. Auburn is a special place an with a competent coach we’ll all be happy. I don’t and won’t complain no matter who’s hired. But beforehand please no prime time 

Why no prime.... His lack of P5 experience? 

His recruiting, His attitude, His game planning, His winning attitude, His ability to relate to this generation? What about him turns you off so badly? 

1 hour ago, NES said:

If Lane has anything, it's personality. Take a look at those parting shots after beating A&M, those digs at Jimbo are pretty funny! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ryans would actually be a great hire

Never.

If the greatest coach of all time was begging for Auburn's opening, we'd turn him down b/c he want to Alabama. 

If we’re now getting more creative and considering some outliers, I want to throw my resume into the ring.

I’ve successfully coached 3 years of church youth flag football (pro style offense), I got my undergrad at au and I have a son at uga so I have deep sec experience and connections, teenagers love me and my house has been used extensively for parties - I’d be a dynamic recruiter, and I’m organized, well spoken, and have a get it done attitude (PTB lumber guys love me). Oh, and  I’m very attractive which helps for public appearances. My terms: I’m cheap! No buyout, $5m/yr, 4 years and we’re good.

When we get to the M’s, I’d like my own thread for consideration. I’m liking my chances.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1