Thoughts on Texas A&M game

Taker

Time for Coach Lac to feed some misinfo to the press as if he is too naive to know what not to say. Let Jimbo's defensive game plan be mismatched for the first quarter. Unfortunately, I think we're so limited in what we can execute on offense, we probably can only muster a plan A. So, pretty difficult to misdirect. Would be cool to make Jimbo look foolish, at least for a few series.

• Like 1

I think it is pretty simple to game plan against us at this point. It is obvious that we are going to run the ball 90% of the time, whether it is with the running backs or with the quarterback. RA had 75 yards passing in the last game, and I think 30 of those yards were on the last drive or so. Also we are missing our best offensive lineman for the rest of the year. 
All Texas A&M has to do is stack the box and have their corners play up to defend the run. If this happens, RA is going to have to learn how to win with his arm. I just don’t think he can. 
The only way I see us winning this game is our defense playing like it did the last half of the last game. We need turnovers and stops. We need a game to be a 20-17 type game. And we need to figure out the kicker problem.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think it is pretty simple to game plan against us at this point. It is obvious that we are going to run the ball 90% of the time, whether it is with the running backs or with the quarterback. RA had 75 yards passing in the last game, and I think 30 of those yards were on the last drive or so. Also we are missing our best offensive lineman for the rest of the year. 
All Texas A&M has to do is stack the box and have their corners play up to defend the run. If this happens, RA is going to have to learn how to win with his arm. I just don’t think he can. 
The only way I see us winning this game is our defense playing like it did the last half of the last game. We need turnovers and stops. We need a game to be a 20-17 type game. And we need to figure out the kicker problem.

RA is definitely inconsistent. He threw pretty well against Ark. Hopefully thats the Robby we see Saturday.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:35 AM, Mikey said:

There is a reason why Ashford didn't take a single snap in two years at Oregon. Look, I like the guy and appreciate what he's trying to do for Auburn but he's simply not a P5 QB. He doesn't have the passing skills.

Bo Nix did not have terrible stats at AU. He's done much better at Oregon where he has better coaching and is a year older, but he was far from terrible at Auburn. In just 2&1/2 seasons he became AU's all time total offense leader. He holds the record for consecutive passes without an interception. When he set the current record, the old one he broke was set by....Bo Nix. He had untold key first down and touchdown runs. I'll take that every day.

As far as the O-line goes, that appeared to be a little better the second half last Saturday. Maybe they'll improve again this week. In any case, Geriner will be playing behind them (with possible additions) sooner or later. I vote for sooner.

The irrational thoughts that Bo Nix wasn't a good QB while at AU is simply blind ignorance on the part of a biased opinion. The fact remains that if BN was our QB this year we would be sitting at 6 wins right now instead of 3. We would have won the OM game, the Ark game and the MSt games... he was and is a difference maker for the offense. 

• Like 4

I made a comment about this last week. It was time for a change and McPherson will maintain his redshirt.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:37 AM, Win4AU said:

I’m expecting this to be a sloppy Auburn win.  I’m more excited to see JHS going nuts

I am actually optimistic for the first time since being curb stomped by PSU.   I expect a sloppy game as well with the crowd of JHS helping to pull this one out.