Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

There are real concerns about how LK fits at Auburn.   For him to be successful, he has to change some of his ways.  He needs to put Auburn ahead of Lane,.   Regardless, whether we agree with the hire or not, we all need to get behind him 100%.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

I’ve laid out a pretty long list…but I’m practically alone. There are some MAJOR concerns… but also some potential upsides. I’m not on board, but not really off board either. He’s a mediocre hire to me

You are NOT alone.  I have quite a few reservations about hiring him, chief among them being why do so many people think he is such a great coach? There really isn't a lot of evidence of that is there? I mean is it not a little unnerving that Gus Malzhan has a better winning percentage than Kiffin as a college head coach? (Gus 68%/Kiffin 66%). If you count his games as an NFL head coach that percentage drops down to 60%!  If you look at his recruiting it really isn't exceptional either, only his success getting transfer portal guys is noteworthy.  I will say that personality-wise he seems to have matured and is much more subdued and responsible for what comes out of his mouth.  There is no denying that these last two losses are not a good look for him from any perspective, and if in fact Auburn has already gotten him to agree to a contract in secret, I pray that he leaves Ole Miss in a respectful and positive way.  With ALL of that said, (LOL) I'm not on the Lane train just yet, nor am I against getting on it if I do a little more research and like what I find.  I also still stand by my opinion that if Auburn has no intention of hiring Caddy as head coach (and I would understand that, given he has no experience), that they absolutely make it a requirement that the new coach retain him as an assistant coach or position coach or both.  Coach Caddy deserves that at a minimum after he almost single-handedly turned all of the negative media coverage AU was getting into the most positive coverage we have had nationally in years!  That post-game coverage by the SEC Network after the Texas A&M game was absolutely priceless for AU's overall image.  It changed the national perception of the health and direction of the program, as well as the perception of how attractive the head coaching job is here. This amazing display of support by the fans for an Auburn team with a losing record will not be forgotten by potential recruits, whether they were there in-person or watching on TV.  It was absolutely a minor miracle that Caddy and his coaches were able to turn this team around 180 degrees in one week's time prior to the Miss. St. game, and more importantly they have kept it together as one team with a common purpose and goal.  This Auburn team has become a team that the entire Auburn Family can proud of, a team that has fought their hearts out and left it all on the field for the name across their chest, the players beside them, and their coach that they truly believe in and trust.  This is what brought back tens of thousands of fans who had given up going to the games or even watching them on TV.       

Edited by BHDAU1
grammar

5 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

I wish this would all wait until Sunday.  Let Caddy have his moment instead of being over shadowed by a new hire. 

It’s actually better for Caddy in my opinion. If we upset Bama, the Spotlight will be all on Caddy. If we lose as expected, the talk will be all about Lane and drown out the Bammer victory noise. 

• Like 3

Some truly delusional posts in this thread. This is a huge win for AU, and the best coach we could’ve realistically hoped to bring on board. Only Deion was in this tier, and he had many more question marks. The man has grown over the last twenty years as a person and a coach. Fantastic news!!! Can’t wait to see what happens in the portal next month… 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Some truly delusional posts in this thread. This is a huge win for AU, and the best coach we could’ve realistically hoped to bring on board. Only Deion was in this tier, and he had many more question marks. The man has grown over the last twenty years as a person and a coach. Fantastic news!!! Can’t wait to see what happens in the portal next month… 

I’m just going to post it again but this is the exactly right take. 

we’ve got to be united folks! Let’s do this!!!!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

I hope he can build and maintain massive offensive and defensive lines.  I know he can recruit receivers, and QB's and design an offense that can throw for a lot of yards.  

11 minutes ago, aubietiger14 said:

I wish this would all wait until Sunday.  Let Caddy have his moment instead of being over shadowed by a new hire. 

Leak came from Oxford. Not sure what could be done about leaks, assuming it’s a done deal

image.gif.8ab38a8367b2ac69681e68a5c20ddcae.gifCurrent mood 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

It’s actually better for Caddy in my opinion. If we upset Bama, the Spotlight will be all on Caddy. If we lose as expected, the talk will be all about Lane and drown out the Bammer victory noise. 

Good point👍