Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I can't believe there's hardly any coaching concerns about Lane

There are. It’s not being discussed on the open forum 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You seriously think Mushchamp will come back here after what he said about influencers at Auburn?

Champ is making 800k as CO DC at GA... Au can surpass that easily. Steele was making 2.5 million at AU for a point of reference 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u fly up to the eagle nest, Bro?

Yes sir. Has its pros and cons , like any other forum 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

You seriously think Mushchamp will come back here after what he said about influencers at Auburn?

what did he say?

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

There are. It’s not being discussed on the open forum 

Ahhh ok. I got you. Wish I could take part. Fight the good fight for me tho!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

what did he say?

The only thing I've seen that he's been rumored to have said is AU is the right job if you have have the support of about 5 key people.  There are no lies in that statement.  Maybe there's something else out there I haven't seen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Champ is making 800k as CO DC at GA... Au can surpass that easily. Steele was making 2.5 million at AU for a point of reference 

I was led to believe he burned too many bridges with power people to ever set foot on Auburn’s campus again. But hey if people say it’s legit, then we will know soon.

18 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

what did he say?

Essentially what most people say …if the PTB would leave things alone Auburn could be great but they won’t…I mean if he comes this will make his 3rd time as DC here. Just can’t see it, him and Lane. As soon as Lane goes for it and puts the D in a tougher position Muschamp gonna blow a gasket. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Essentially what most people say …if the PTB would leave things alone Auburn could be great but they won’t…I mean if he comes this will make his 3rd time as DC here. Just can’t see it, him and Lane. As soon as Lane goes for it and puts the D in a tougher position Muschamp gonna blow a gasket. 

As far as PTB, everyone says it's a new day at AU. Also, Champ and Kiffin are good friends 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, peashooter said:

That's the level of program he needs to prove himself at before he should be taken seriously as a P5 candidate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That's the level of program he needs to prove himself at before he should be taken seriously as a P5 candidate.

Oh boy RIP your mentions!!

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I’ve laid out a pretty long list…but I’m practically alone. There are some MAJOR concerns… but also some potential upsides. I’m not on board, but not really off board either. He’s a mediocre hire to me

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I’ve laid out a pretty long list…but I’m practically alone. There are some MAJOR concerns… but also some potential upsides. I’m not on board, but not really off board either. He’s a mediocre hire to me

I think most will agree the next 2 years will show major improvement and undo the Harsin damage.  Once we get back to the middle/upper middle sec tier. That’s when the questions will come back up again (uga/ uat/ lsu tier) At least it should be pretty “peaceful” during the next 2 years. Cultural fit (lane being lane) issues may be the only occasional complaint.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

There are sbsolutely concerns about LK. There isn't a candidate on the market right now that doesn't have concerns with the exception of maybe Saban, Kirby and Dabo and one could find concerns with a couple of them if we are being honest. 

Kiffin also checks a lot of boxes. i guess everything really depends on whether his pros outweigh his cons and I believe they do. I feel the same about Sanders and Freeze, too. I think any of the 3 would be the best hire we have made to date and probably the best we realistically could do right now. 

Ever since sept, lane was always the one name that struggled getting any thread started that didn’t roll off from inactivity.  Everyone generally accepted he was a hired gun that could get the job done. Ceiling was/is a question, elite recruiting, and just being quirky were the only main debates.  And recently the contract “scale” caught many off guard. But, that being said - there wasn’t a huge pushback faction like most of the other names either.  That in of itself is a very good thing.