Get on Board the Lane Train!

AU-24

11 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Some truly delusional posts in this thread. This is a huge win for AU, and the best coach we could’ve realistically hoped to bring on board. Only Deion was in this tier, and he had many more question marks. The man has grown over the last twenty years as a person and a coach. Fantastic news!!! Can’t wait to see what happens in the portal next month… 

I too would've preferred Prime--rumor is Colorado and USF are going after him, would be great for them--but I will take it.

EDIT: He did tweet this.

Edited by AUwent

Guys and gals who are opposed to this hire...why? He is at Ole Miss and brought them their first ten win season in program history. Lane is a good coach and also has adapted to the offensive changes very well over time. He is a great recruiter and also has done really well in the transfer portal. He can see talent like others (Brian Harsin) didn't. That back was told he wasn't good enough for Auburn...he ran all over us.

Kiffin will change our program, he will have more resources at Auburn and is also very versatile at using the talent he has. He doesn't try to fit them to a scheme that he is bootstrapping the talent we have to hell or high-water.

I also love his attitude and hiw he doesn't bite his tongue, i.e., like the apology to Jackson Dart's mom for the Bama player unneedingly smashing Dart into the ground again and again. Lastly, I don't think he likes Saban at all he wants to whip him anytime he can, or he wouldn't have left Bama the way he did for FAU before a national championship. 

If we are lucky enough to have him sign the dotted line and get out of his way he will shift us back into a power and top ten team that will have a chance every year.

If this news is true it will be like when we hired Pat Dye and he threw the tables over on Bear Bryant.

War Eagle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

If this is true, Will Cadillac stick around?

I imagine he’s been kept in the loop on things to some degree. We aren’t as incompetent as some of our brethren want to believe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

Guys and gals who are opposed to this hire...why? He is at Ole Miss and brought them their first ten win season in program history. Lane is a good coach and also has adapted to the offensive changes very well over time. He is a great recruiter and also has done really well in the transfer portal. He can see talent like others (Brian Harsin) didn't. That back was told he wasn't good enough for Auburn...he ran all over us.

Kiffin will change our program, he will have more resources at Auburn and is also very versatile at using the talent he has. He doesn't try to fit them to a scheme that he is bootstrapping the talent we have to hell or high-water.

I also love his attitude and hiw he doesn't bite his tongue, i.e., like the apology to Jackson Dart's mom for the Bama player unneedingly smashing Dart into the ground again and again. Lastly, I don't think he likes Saban at all he wants to whip him anytime he can, or he wouldn't have left Bama the way he did for FAU before a national championship. 

If we are lucky enough to have him sign the dotted line and get out of his way he will shift us back into a power and top ten team that will have a chance every year.

If this news is true it will be like when we hired Pat Dye and he threw the tables over on Bear Bryant.

War Eagle

Negative.   Freeze won 10 in 2015.

10 minutes ago, The Defiant said:

War Eagle

Personally, I’d rather Auburn go after someone who has serious experience building a winning program (Urban, Dabo, or Fickell). 

They really need to wait until Sunday. Don’t take the shine away from Caddy. The focus is Bama. Don't do him like that.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

They really need to wait until Sunday. Don’t take the shine away from Caddy. The focus is Bama. Don't do him like that.

Auburn didn’t leak anything
The leak came from Oxford 

10 minutes ago, woodford said:

Personally, I’d rather Auburn go after someone who has serious experience building a winning program (Urban, Dabo, or Fickell). 

I like Fickell and I dont want to. The more I look in to him the more I think he is solid as can be. I just hate the word fickle, that is my only complaint.

Looks like Lane train it is.. I notice few from the eaglesnest have been posting lately-- makes me wonder what they know over in the upper echelons of eagle land.

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Negative.   Freeze won 10 in 2015.

First 10 win regular season. I didn’t post the original but that’s what I assume the original poster meant.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Auburn didn’t leak anything
The leak came from Oxford 

I mean when it's actually announced that he's coach foreal they should wait until Sunday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I mean when it's actually announced that he's coach foreal they should wait until Sunday.

I gotcha 👍

I totally agree. We have a game to win Saturday. And Caddy has absolutely earned his spotlight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

What does everyone think about giving Caddy the honor of making the announcement.   

My first reaction was it may be insulting to him,  but the more I thought  about it, the more I think  It would be very honorable for Caddy.  He is gracious enough,  and Auburn enough to show honor, and class,  and show support for whoever is our next HC.  It would go a long way for Auburn  himself,  the new coach,  recruits,  his future, everyone.

• Like 1