* Official Auburn vs. A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

24 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

?

He repeatedly said that when he took over the kids just needed "Love and Discipline" which translates to me that they were getting neither previously and that all the things we heard from players about Harsin were true. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So, we win when Auburn club hockey wears orange jerseys. Now we know.

But we lost to the evil empire.

Edited by AUx

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That was my immediate thought. 

Yeah, he has said so much by not saying as much other than "Auburn is special" (previously guys didn't understand that apparently) the players needed to "Serve and Believe" (previous guys divided and crushed their spirit) and finally they need "Love and Discipline" (previous guys tried to rule and demean players instead of helping them) 

Ay I took auburn to cover the spread and the under in a parlay.  easy $100

4 minutes ago, Taker said:

Yeah, he has said so much by not saying as much other than "Auburn is special" (previously guys didn't understand that apparently) the players needed to "Serve and Believe" (previous guys divided and crushed their spirit) and finally they need "Love and Discipline" (previous guys tried to rule and demean players instead of helping them) 

Honestly, have we ever seen a coach give such an impassioned post game speech ever? 

• Like 1

I know Texas A&M has now lost 6 in a row. I know they're 3-7 on the season. But everybody on this forum knows that A&M has a boatload of talent on their team; alot more than we currently have. They have a head coach that has a National Championship to his name and he is one of the highest paid coaches in the game. That school has arguably the best facilities in college football. And we just beat them and we did it with an interim coach with only a few years of coaching experience. We beat them with our QB that threw for less than 100 yards and was below 50% completion percentage. 

This was a good one for our program right now. Don't let media or rival fans tell you otherwise. We aren't nearly as far off as some may think. With a better QB, we would be in pretty good shape. 

If we can beat Western Kentucky, that would give our players alot of motivation going to Tuscaloosa. That would mean a win against Bama would put us in a bowl game. Stranger things have happened. It nearly happened in the Iron Bowl last year and that Bama team was quiet a bit better than this one. 

This season is still very salvageable!! WDE

• Like 3

I was thinking tonight, aren't there some 5 win teams that make it to a bowl? The extra practice time that a bowl team gets is the real bonus.

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

I was thinking tonight, aren't there some 5 win teams that make it to a bowl? The extra practice time that a bowl team gets is the real bonus.

Yes. There were more 5-7 bowl teams last year than ever I think.

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Honestly, have we ever seen a coach give such an impassioned post game speech ever? 

Never!!!! He is 100% all AUBURN and is the embodiment of Auburn being Auburn 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Are Auburn hockey club *sweaters* available for purchase?

seeking that info myself. Actually the white ones look awesome. Below the mason dixon line we still call them jerseys eh.

Just now, Taker said:

Never!!!! He is 100% all AUBURN and is the embodiment of Auburn being Auburn 

He's his own man. But it reminds me a little of PFD in the speech without pretense. A very good thing.

1 minute ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

I missed most of the game, but heard there were former players, NFL guys, and lots of recruits. Would anyone mind sharing who were the bigger names in attendance?

Cole interviewed Kendall Simmons. I thought I heard someone in post-game say Jason Campbell.

• Thanks 1

Appreciate aTm providing an audition of talent we can pull from the portal a month from now.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AUx said:

seeking that info myself. Actually the white ones look awesome. Below the mason dixon line we still call them jerseys eh.

Sweaters is a rather new term for me…as another fellow Southerner, but also lived in New Jersey and Wisconsin and had never heard them referred to as such. 

• Like 1

I would give the D an “A” tonight and the O a “C-“.

37 minutes ago, AUx said:

Cole interviewed Kendall Simmons. I thought I heard someone in post-game say Jason Campbell.

Kendall is the OL coach for AU.

I think it was Marcus McNeil that Cole interviewed. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AUx said:

There were lots of former AU players and caddy teammates there.   Carlos Rogers, Dansby,  Mayo Sowell, Brandon Johnson, others.  

Jason Campbell is there every week....he and Ronnie Brown work for the AU Network. 

Just now, CCTAU said:

Kendall is the OL coach for AU.

I think it was Marcus McNeil that Cole interviewed. 

Sorry.  Brain shut down a couple hours ago. You are correct.

1 hour ago, Taker said:

Yeah, he has said so much by not saying as much other than "Auburn is special" (previously guys didn't understand that apparently) the players needed to "Serve and Believe" (previous guys divided and crushed their spirit) and finally they need "Love and Discipline" (previous guys tried to rule and demean players instead of helping 

I feel like I do when I've just watched a state of the union address, just waiting for the talking heads to tell me what I just heard.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JOHN COHEN, HIRE A NEW RADIO PLAY-BY-PLAY ANNOUNCER!!

I know, sad but true. Like other Auburn hires, a nice guy, just by far are not the best for the job.