Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What does it say that Kiffin has not denied or affirmed the rumors over the past 48 hours like other coaches have done

Attention hounds love them some attention

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

3 time All American, 2 time Maxwell award winner, Heisman winner, 2 national championships, broke conference records for pass efficiency and rushing TDs, still holds Florida records for total offense and TDs...

I don't think there's much of a comparison. 

Please insert emotional damage gif

i don’t know how lol

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

He also said that Lane could also decide at the last minute to stay at Ole Miss and if that happens then our Plan B. is Hugh Freeze and Plan C. is Dan Lanning. 

Just listened to that interview. He did not state Freeze was Plan B. He stated Freeze and Grimes might be next on the radar. Def did not say Lanning was Plan C nor anywhere close.

He insinuated that Plan A is Kiffin and that there is no Plan B.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Just listened to that interview. He did not state Freeze was Plan B. He stated Freeze and Grimes might be next on the radar. Def did not say Lanning was Plan C nor anywhere close.

He insinuated that Plan A is Kiffin and that there is no Plan B.

Neil M, the OM mod for rivals was posting all night on the AU message board and he did in fact say freeze was plan B , etc. multiple times. 
honestly, it was a little odd (and cool) that an Ole Miss moderator would be posting with the Auburn posters on the bunker. But it happened for hours last night.

15 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

He was fired from the Raiders and USC. What was the 3rd firing? He was already named coach at FAU when Saban told him he couldn't coach the National Championship game against Clemson in 2016. Sarkisian called plays for that game and Bama lost. 

Tennessee was just a matter of time. It was a mess and he left before he was fired or controversy impeded him if I remember correctly. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

15 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I’m not aware that it’s ever happened. 

I also can't remember hiring someone that has a personality like or that jumps ship like Lane though either. I wouldn't be shocked if he left for a job at Alabama or the NFL again like he left Tennessee for USC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

But I get your point, that AU is a much better and higher paid position than Ole Miss, but it also comes with more expectations. 

And even though I'd prefer Deion over Lane, Lane is obviously a heck of a Offensive Coach and recruiter, so I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeded at AU. But I think it would require a great D coordinator and I hope that he'd retain Cadillac and a couple of other key alumni on staff that are great recruiters/coaches.  

Edited by HAPvsOA

13 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Tennessee was just a matter of time. It was a mess and he left before he was fired if I remember correctly. 

That is not what I remember at all. They definitely did not want him to leave and makes sense why they responded so negatively toward him when he left so soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

I also can't remember hiring someone that has a personality like or that jumps ship like Lane thought either. I wouldn't be shocked if he left for a job at Alabama or the NFL again like he left Tennessee for USC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

But I get your point, that AU is a much better and higher paid position than Ole Miss, but it also comes with more expectations. 

NFL leave by CFB HC is completely understandable, IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Neil M, the OM mod for rivals was posting all night on the AU message board and he did in fact say freeze was plan B , etc. multiple times. 
honestly, it was a little odd (and cool) that an Ole Miss moderator would be posting with the Auburn posters on the bunker. But it happened for hours last night.

An Ole Miss Rivals mod knows Cohen’s Plan B? Interesting.

What’s next? @augolf1716 predicts Schlitz malt liquor’s Christmas edition 40 oz?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

An Ole Miss Rivals mod knows Cohen’s Plan B? Interesting.

What’s next? @augolf1716 predicts Schlitz malt liquor’s Christmas edition 40 oz?

Haha Yep. As I posted above, take it or leave it. Not saying he is right, just telling everyone what he was posting. I have no idea what he or Anyone knows at this point. 

26 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Tennessee was just a matter of time. It was a mess and he left before he was fired if I remember correctly. 

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That is not what I remember at all. They definitely did not want him to leave and makes sense why they responded so negatively toward him when he left so soon.

Yeah, it didn't happen. Fake news.

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Every job move he has made, aside from a career restart at Bama, has been a career move up.  

Good points. I just remember him being fired at USC where it is almost impossible to lose.
But he has changed since then. 

…again, you made good points that make me feel better about it if it were to happen. 

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Good points. I just remember him being fired at USC where it is almost impossible to lose.
But he has changed since then. 

…again, you made good points that make me feel better about it if it were to happen. 

He also took that job when Pete Carroll left the NCAA at their doorstep.  Kiffen was really hampered by sanctions and scholarship reductions. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Tennessee was just a matter of time. It was a mess and he left before he was fired or controversy impeded him if I remember correctly. 

Not even close to being true and its like some of you just make crap up without even checking facts. 

He was in his first year and actually did pretty well.  Came closer than any other UT coach in the past 15 years to beating Bama which would have knocked them out of the title game. 

He left because he saw USC as his destination job.  UT was in no way, shape, or form unhappy with him.  

They absolutely lost their crap when he left they were so mad.  Why do you think they threw mustard bottles and golf balls at him last year?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Yeah,  Tennessee was pissed Kiffin left  them.    

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Haha Yep. As I posted above, take it or leave it. Not saying he is right, just telling everyone what he was posting. I have no idea what he or Anyone knows at this point. 

My take on that is if Prime isn’t even a remote contender, then duh Freeze is Plan B.

Because the next contender is an OC who’s never been a HC who tormented Kansas State last Saturday with that massive FG.

52 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

You don’t remember correctly