Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

"Strictly rumor from a current player's parent...."

Eight pages of of opinions on a rumor...a weak rumor.  Our fans are really locked in on this coaching search. 🙂

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ronnie Sanders from Auburn Undercover was a guest on Finebaum today. He said for sure that Auburn is going after Lane Kiffin and it's our main guy. He also thinks if Lane is interested, we will get him. He said that he has heard that we're pretty deep into talks with Lane and Jimmy Sexton. 

He also said that Lane could also decide at the last minute to stay at Ole Miss and if that happens then our Plan B. is Hugh Freeze and Plan C. is Dan Lanning. 

He mentioned only those 3 coaches and Deion was NEVER brought up the entire segment. Finebaum did ask Ronnie if there's a chance we name Cadillac our fulltime HC and he said no. He said this hire is way too big for a guy with a total of only 3 years coaching experience. 

Something Ronnie said is that for the first time in decades, Auburn is finally aligned and all pulling in the same direction. New president Roberts, a new AD in Cohen, a brand new football only facility and a big NIL fund that started today. He said Cohen always hired outside the box at Miss. State because he hired Ben Howland in basketball and he had been at UCLA. He hired Joe Moorehead from Penn State after Dan Mullen left. Then he fired him and hired Mike Leach. So John Cohen atleast thinks outside the box when he hires coaches. 

If history teaches us anything it’s that our so called “insiders” have zero clue who we are talking to or even interested in. They just spout whatever some random person told them to get more money out of their websites. 

Edited by MustardSeed

I just don't get why everybody wants Kiffin.  If you decide to marry a slut, don't be surprised when she cheats on you. And for the money she's gonna cost, I'd like some Miss America titles, but we are getting the runner up in the Miss LIttle Rock contest.

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I just don't get why everybody wants Kiffin.  If you decide to marry a slut, don't be surprised when she cheats on you. And for the money she's gonna cost, I'd like some Miss America titles, but we are getting the runner up in the Miss LIttle Rock contest.

I mean who would want a competitive, competent coach who can build a staff, utilize the portal, and recruit well. It’s crazy how people expect a good well known hire . Geez Auburn hire Kodi or Marty from Sec now . 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TigerTaz said:

That’s ridiculous… see Malik Willis.. the kid has talent. 

I’ve not seen anyone say he doesn’t have talent, he’s a tremendous athlete. I don’t think the incoming staff will want the risk of seeing if he works out or not when they have the opportunity for a plug and play portal QB. For every Malik Willis you’ll have a Joey Gatewood and a bunch of others. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Some would trade their wives or husbands in or a slut...just saying...

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Well, Tebow got his shot     -shrug-

3 time All American, 2 time Maxwell award winner, Heisman winner, 2 national championships, broke conference records for pass efficiency and rushing TDs, still holds Florida records for total offense and TDs...

I don't think there's much of a comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

3 time All American, 2 time Maxwell award winner, Heisman winner, 2 national championships, broke conference records for pass efficiency and rushing TDs, still holds Florida records for total offense and TDs...

I don't think there's much of a comparison. 

Amazing what you can do when surrounded by talent and, have competent coaching.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I would like the Kiffen hire but he is like a mercenary that will go to the highest bidder or the best situation. What is to stop him from leaving us in 2 years? A contract like Jimbo? 

If you look at his career there is absolutely nothing that substantiates this narrative, so I am not sure why everyone keeps repeating it. 

Every job move he has made, aside from a career restart at Bama, has been a career move up.  

So what if say the NFL comes calling for Kiffin?  I would say that means Auburn made a damn good hire, as we have never had a coach move on like that to the NFL. 

You WANT a coach that is so good others want him too.  Let’s stop settling for less.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

i posted for fun a short video of a tennessee guy all upset because he heard huepel might be leaving.........it is in todays football articles.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

What does it say that Kiffin has not denied or affirmed the rumors over the past 48 hours like other coaches have done (or at least Lanning has). Kiffin lives on Twitter and Twitters been ablaze and yet there is no real "there, there" one way or the other. 

Either angling for money from ole miss or legitimately ironing out contract details in a move to the plains?

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

What does it say that Kiffin has not denied or affirmed the rumors over the past 48 hours like other coaches have done (or at least Lanning has). Kiffin lives on Twitter and Twitters been ablaze and yet there is no real "there, there" one way or the other. 

Either angling for money from ole miss or legitimately ironing out contract details in a move to the plains?

Anything any prospective coach might say nor not say is meaningless. Tuberville, Saban, on and on. Statements at this point in the process aren't worth reading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

If history teaches us anything it’s that our so called “insiders” have zero clue who we are talking to or even interested in. They just spout whatever some random person told them to get more money out of their websites. 

Yep.

The only inside information they have is the credit card numbers of the subscribers that hang on their every word.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Anything any prospective coach might say nor not say is meaningless. Tuberville, Saban, on and on. Statements at this point in the process aren't worth reading.

It may be meaningless but one would have to imagine he is going to have to make some kind of statement and to not make a statement is sort of making a statement. His team has to be wondering, recruits, journalists and so forth. 

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

For those that don’t watch pate. Interesting take on caddy, Kiffin, AU, (and tamu).

Sounds like it reinforces the Lanning rumors more than anything 

I don’t think Sanders would shock anyone 

41 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I think this is his standard practice for job rumors.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Win4AU said:

"If"  this is a done deal can we all sit back and appreciate how nice it is to have a President and AD that actually know what they are doing?  No multiple reports of coaches turning the job down.  No "leaks" of boosters bickering.  No long drawn out process.  No drama.  

city-slickers-kill-anyone.gif?w=301&h=22