Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

39 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well according to the main person that covers Ole Miss for Rivals (and has for 10-15 years) Kiffen is indeed our first choice and Auburn has reached out to him. According to him, several sources indicate that Kiffen is leaning to staying at OM. He eventually really wants the bama job or maybe to go back to the NFL. He said he MAY take the job, but probably not. 

He also said Freeze is next in line and would take the job here…

straight from the OM site 

Yeah let's listen to an OM person 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Add the right coordinators and good recruiters and we are back with literally any competent HC lol. That’s the tough part. 

No.  You won't find anyone else who can bring talent here as quickly.

I think waaaaay to many here do not understand who CDS is.  The guy wins.  His mentality will not allow losing.  That will attract a lot of talent.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well according to the main person that covers Ole Miss for Rivals (and has for 10-15 years) Kiffen is indeed our first choice and Auburn has reached out to him. According to him, several sources indicate that Kiffen is leaning to staying at OM. He eventually really wants the bama job or maybe to go back to the NFL. He said he MAY take the job, but probably not. 

He also said Freeze is next in line and would take the job here…

straight from the OM site 

How would the Ole Miss rivals reporter know who our second in line would be? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  You won't find anyone else who can bring talent here as quickly.

I think waaaaay to many here do not understand who CDS is.  The guy wins.  His mentality will not allow losing.  That will attract a lot of talent.

You said if Deion retained Caddy, hired the right coordinators, and some good recruiters we would be back. That’s your words. I simply said if you use those same parameters, then literally any competent HC would get us back to winning. It’s getting those parameters lined up correctly that is easier said than done. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Only if you consider two hours notice to be advanced, insider information.

So on the Saturday before he was hired, everyone got word that he was about to be the new AD. He was named Monday. 
…so Really you could say that it was 2 days advanced notice (but everyone knew and people were arguing about it). That reminds me, there was somebody on this site that posted some bad information about Cohen the day before he was hired. They basically took what Hoke said, which was wrong, and started saying that he was not a good hire because Butch was against him, Ms St was going to fire him, etc. It could not have been further from the truth. I mean he may be a bad hire (depending on how this coaching search goes) but the reasons were flat out wrong. 
There are a few insiders on some of those other sites (and this one) but generally it is in regards to recruiting, internal coaching news, etc. Very very few people know what is going on when it comes to the head coaching searches or the A.D. searches. They do exist, but they rarely post what they know. And frankly, you want it that way. Because when word gets out like it has with Kiffen, it becomes a struggle to hire them. Then you end up with someone like arson harsin. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So, my heavily biased answer is Prime Time.  We are stupid if we do not do everything possible to hire CDS.  As an added bonus, I think he is smart enough to know that he has got to retain CCW.   Add the right coordinators and some good recruiters and,,, we are back!

Well, then you and I agree, 100%. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's a guess , like every other prediction on here

Exactly. Just kind of ballsy, considering how close to the vest this is seeming to be kept, that he would venture in that direction. 

13 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah let's listen to an OM person 🤣

Yep I know. I hesitated to post it, but I thought why not. If the information is out there, may as well give it and let people make up their own minds. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Yep I know. I hesitated to post it, but I thought why not. If the information is out there, may as well give it and let people make up their own minds. 

I'm glad you did it made me laugh. Lol 

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

You said if Deion retained Caddy, hired the right coordinators, and some good recruiters we would be back. That’s your words. I simply said if you use those same parameters, then literally any competent HC would get us back to winning. It’s getting those parameters lined up correctly that is easier said than done. 

You are correct. However, the biggest difference is that Deion Sanders would be the main recruiter. He would be the guy that would walk into the living room and kids would probably listen. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, banditmwp said:

Thanks. Now there’s Dr Pepper on my windshield and I’m in Houston traffic 😂😩

Checking this site while in Houston traffic?? You can be totally focused and not see what's going on around you there.  Lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You are correct. However, the biggest difference is that Deion Sanders would be the main recruiter. He would be the guy that would walk into the living room and kids would probably listen. 

Exactly.  He gets you into almost every discussion.  Almost everyone wants to play for a winner.  He is a winner, as a player and as a coach.

We can immediately recruit nationally.

8 hours ago, fasttimes said:

dabo's recruiting has messed his roster up. he stopped signing full classes (i think one year he signed 16 players) because he didn't believe in "processing players" and therefore could not keep his lines stocked. by the time he realized it the damage had been done and its not been a quick fix. we could do worse obviously, but i don't know about dabo. plus his personality is terrible.

Do you really think Dabo would even entertain coming here? 😂 Look at his buyout too. He has it made where he is. If he would ever leave, which I seriously doubt he will, it would be for his alma mater Alabama. Dabo hates Auburn. The happiest and most pumped up I've ever seen Dabo was when he beat us in 2011 to end our 17 game winning streak. Clemson fans rushed the field and Dabo was going absolutely nuts because he ended Auburn's streak. He hates us because he was a Bammer and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Real sleeper...his put a beat down on a team 37-3 and has won multiple championships...Recruited in the SEC.

Curt Cignetti - Football Coach - James Madison University Athletics

Cignetti would be a good hire, but I think Harsin has made hiring from a small school less probable.....EVER !!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Do you really think Dabo would even entertain coming here?

IMO no. Not even if we paid him $15 mil a year. Why in the world would you leave the easiest job in America to go against your alma mater who is dominating football. He is a legend there. That is just dumb and probably started buying Alabama fan to make us look like people are turning us down. 

41 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Checking this site while in Houston traffic?? You can be totally focused and not see what's going on around you there.  Lol

We got plenty of red lights 😂🙄

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Do you really think Dabo would even entertain coming here? 😂 Look at his buyout too. He has it made where he is. If he would ever leave, which I seriously doubt he will, it would be for his alma mater Alabama. Dabo hates Auburn. The happiest and most pumped up I've ever seen Dabo was when he beat us in 2011 to end our 17 game winning streak. Clemson fans rushed the field and Dabo was going absolutely nuts because he ended Auburn's streak. He hates us because he was a Bammer and I wouldn't have it any other way.

That’s my thought too BUT money talks and Clemson apparently isn’t real big on NIL. 

I would like the Kiffen hire but he is like a mercenary that will go to the highest bidder or the best situation. What is to stop him from leaving us in 2 years? A contract like Jimbo? 

9 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

It better be Urban, or I'm taking my ball and going home

If Auburn was serious about hiring Hugh Freeze, I would just go all-in for Urban Meyer. Not saying that I want either one but if we're gonna get into some "win at all costs" slimy coaches, then we might as well get the slimy, greasy coach that wins National Title's on the regular and that's Urban.

• Like 1