Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah let's listen to an OM person 🤣

Right? lmao.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Freeze is higher on the list than Sanders, we’ve simply failed in our backup plans lol 

Ronnie Sanders from Auburn Undercover was a guest on Finebaum today. He said for sure that Auburn is going after Lane Kiffin and it's our main guy. He also thinks if Lane is interested, we will get him. He said that he has heard that we're pretty deep into talks with Lane and Jimmy Sexton. 

He also said that Lane could also decide at the last minute to stay at Ole Miss and if that happens then our Plan B. is Hugh Freeze and Plan C. is Dan Lanning. 

He mentioned only those 3 coaches and Deion was NEVER brought up the entire segment. Finebaum did ask Ronnie if there's a chance we name Cadillac our fulltime HC and he said no. He said this hire is way too big for a guy with a total of only 3 years coaching experience. 

Something Ronnie said is that for the first time in decades, Auburn is finally aligned and all pulling in the same direction. New president Roberts, a new AD in Cohen, a brand new football only facility and a big NIL fund that started today. He said Cohen always hired outside the box at Miss. State because he hired Ben Howland in basketball and he had been at UCLA. He hired Joe Moorehead from Penn State after Dan Mullen left. Then he fired him and hired Mike Leach. So John Cohen atleast thinks outside the box when he hires coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I would like the Kiffen hire but he is like a mercenary that will go to the highest bidder or the best situation. What is to stop him from leaving us in 2 years? A contract like Jimbo? 

If Kiffin came to Auburn, and successfully built a consistent playoff program, why would he leave?  In that case, Auburn would certainly be compensating him well, and would competitively counter any offers made.  He would have stability and job security.  Coaches generally do not leave Auburn for greener pastures.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Didba said:

70% its Kiffin. 30% it is a name that hasn't been mentioned at all.

What is so damn great about Lame Kitten. Hell, I would take Monte over the Brat. His 15 minutes of fame is up. He is using Auburn to get more money out of Ole Miss. Fired 3 damn times and that is a Big Time Hire. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 3

38 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

So nobody knows anything except ADC and whichever coach he wants?  I took the bait early this morning, should’ve known 

Chizik, Harsin and AD John Cohen's names were never mentioned by anyone leading up to their hires. It's the same at all schools. The podcasters and journalists have to create content everyday to make money. That's why we always get these lists of names and "sources are saying" this guy will be hired. Nobody truly knows except the people that need to know. 

For an example, go back to the December 2020 coaching search threads and read some of that stuff. We all believed Mario Cristobal was taking the job, then Kiffin, then Freeze, then Napier. We believed all of that because that was what everybody was reporting. But when the Harsin news broke, nobody believed it and said it was BS. It wound up to be true. Nobody on here really ever heard of him. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

What is so damn great about Lame Kitten. Hell, I would take Monte over the Brat. His 15 minutes of fame is up. He is using Auburn to get more money out of Ole Miss. Fired 3 damn times and that is a Big Time Hire. 

balls.gif.1a7cd7787bf83e768fe8b1e5077b48cb.gif

15 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

raw

27 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

He was fired from the Raiders and USC. What was the 3rd firing? He was already named coach at FAU when Saban told him he couldn't coach the National Championship game against Clemson in 2016. Sarkisian called plays for that game and Bama lost. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

I’m not aware that it’s ever happened. 

Well, I know it's happened at least once:  John Heisman left AU to be the HC at Clemson  starting in 1900.

Edited by AUloggerhead
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

He was fired from the Raiders and USC. What was the 3rd firing? He was already named coach at FAU when Saban told him he couldn't coach the National Championship game against Clemson in 2016. Sarkisian called plays for that game and Bama lost. 

And the raiders firing was over a personality clash with Al Davis.  Lane has earned some of his rep -his usc failure was a head scratcher and his short stint at tenn was a bad look. But ever since, his uat, fau, and ole miss roles we’re/are successful and appropriately handled.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

And the raiders firing was over a personality clash with Al Davis.  Lane has earned some of his rep -his usc failure was a head scratcher and his short stint at tenn was a bad look. But ever since, his uat, fau, and ole miss roles we’re/are successful and appropriately handled.

When he took that USC job, they were hit with sanctions immediately and 30 lost scholarships. Even through that, he posted a 10-3 record in year 2 and then his last season he has USC ranked #1 in the AP Poll to start the year. They gave up 70 points at Arizona State so the AD fired him at the airport when they arrived in Los Angeles. He did a damn good job considering how bad they were hit with penalties from the NCAA. 

We could do ALOT worse than Lane Kiffin. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Coaches generally do not leave Auburn for greener pastures.

Yep, they take what is left of their reputation and head on home..

Beaten Man stock vector. Illustration of logo, icon, castaway - 2546965

I’ve been a prime guy and have teased kiffin for his colorful past. But one advantage of his nomadic history is the areas he’s recruited in. Tenn, USC, bama, fau, and ole miss is formidable knowledge of some of the most fertile recruiting bases in the country.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Well....Ashford does need to follow Kodi's lead and switch to WR as soon as the season ends!!!

That’s ridiculous… see Malik Willis.. the kid has talent. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TigerTaz said:

That’s ridiculous… see Malik Willis.. the kid has talent. 

At another position.  If you can't pass, you can't play quarterback.

Like the guy but he would be more helpful in another role.  He does have talent.

• Like 2

One point if it is Lane: I bet not one current AU player, or one recruit will be concerned about his previous job history and what jobs he’s left or been fired from. That’s for us to contemplate and debate. I bet every one of them will be excited to play for him and will consider it a big time hire. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ronnie Sanders from Auburn Undercover was a guest on Finebaum today. He said for sure that Auburn is going after Lane Kiffin and it's our main guy. He also thinks if Lane is interested, we will get him. He said that he has heard that we're pretty deep into talks with Lane and Jimmy Sexton. 

He also said that Lane could also decide at the last minute to stay at Ole Miss and if that happens then our Plan B. is Hugh Freeze and Plan C. is Dan Lanning.

Kiffin, I get. He would bring immediate buzz and excitement. I'm amazed so many are suggesting Freeze is that high on the board. I can't see how that isn't just Gus 2.0. I don't see much buzz coming from that, any attention outside of Auburn will be negative and the memes write themselves. I knew the guy was on the list, but I figured he was at best an emergency last second pick. 

• Like 2