Iron Bowl “Muffed” Punt

RunInRed

Guest MustardSeed

I didn’t see it as I was driving…but I heard it mentioned there was an angle that shows one finger being hit and pulled down. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

I didn’t see it as I was driving…but I heard it mentioned there was an angle that shows one finger being hit and pulled down. 

Was listening and watching. Kind of surprised on the AU radio side. The CBS crew made a way bigger deal about it being wrong than AU radio. Which may be a first!!  

Didn’t we have a similar play happen in which it was reversed to the same outcome last year??  Sorry trying to block the Harsin era out of the memory bank. 

4 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Was listening and watching. Kind of surprised on the AU radio side. The CBS crew made a way bigger deal about it being wrong than AU radio. Which may be a first!!  

Listening to AU Radio they were vocal that there was an angle that looked like it was not touched.  There were several calls they questioned or said Refs missed.  By this time they were trying not to not sound over the top.  

There was an angle that clearly showed space between his fingers and the ball. It actually was a pretty significant missed call at that point in the game. We had just held them i9

on defense and were still in the game. Not to mention all of the holding on our dlne ignored the whole game. You have to play the refs too when you play bammer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

There was an angle that clearly showed space between his fingers and the ball. It actually was a pretty significant missed call at that point in the game. We had just held them i9

on defense and were still in the game. Not to mention all of the holding on our dlne ignored the whole game. You have to play the refs too when you play bammer.

Yup, “Roll Refs Roll!!”

First of all either catch the punt or get out of the way where this doesn’t happen. However every angle that I’ve seen clearly shows the ball was untouched except the one they obviously used. What’s the point of replay if you’re still going to get it wrong?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I didn’t see any angle that separated him from the ball definitively. I noticed the finger move. It was called on the field and had to stand. The better question is WTH was he doing? Catch it or move.  I didn’t catch any more than usual holds but after the first series,we had zero pass rush and that was the number one issue we had. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Where did he touch the ball in this video. Clearly he didn't touch it on the way down and the ball was moving away from him on the bounce up.

What am I missing here? Is my vision that bad? Did the officials not see this video? Has the video been altered? What?

The turds and the SEC got what they wanted...to keep bammer in the playoff picture. Bryce could have ordered a pizza and had it delivered during the same play on many occasions with the blatant holding.  

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 2

This call killed any chance we had to win the game. I have watched us suck all year and have not  gotten really angry BC I knew we had an inferior team.. BUT I got very angry after that call BC it gave the Turds a sure score right before halftime.. I felt like we got molested after that call... It was blatantly missed IMO!!

• Thanks 1

He clearly didn't touch it, ball didn't change rotation, no obvious movement from his hands, etc and it completely buried any chance we had to keep the game in front of us. Total trash call

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Exactly! Show me were on earth, heaven or hades his finger moved and he touched the ball!

3 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

Where did he touch the ball in this video. Clearly he didn't touch it on the way down and the ball was moving away from him on the bounce up.

What am I missing here? Is my vision that bad? Did the officials not see this video? Has the video been altered? What?

He didn’t touch it. Some of these people simply have to be Bammer trolls! Notice the people claiming a finger moved and he touched it, aren’t saying a word about the way our D line was being molested the entire game!

Take this ridiculously bad call away and call holding according to NCAA rules, and it’s a different ball game. I’m not saying Auburn wins, but I am saying it’s a different ballgame!

• Love 1

Not trying to defend the call because I didn't like it at all either, but the rule is the call on the field stands unless there is definitive video evidence to overturn it.  I'm not one for ref conspiracy theories either.  Firm believer in getting the punt returner to catch the ball.  Period.  

• Facepalm 2

33 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Johnson has? Marcello said he has no idea where people are getting Brian Johnson from. I know he has a connection to Cohen but is that it? I admit I haven't looked into his bio yet.

18 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Not trying to defend the call because I didn't like it at all either, but the rule is the call on the field stands unless there is definitive video evidence to overturn it.  I'm not one for ref conspiracy theories either.  Firm believer in getting the punt returner to catch the ball.  Period.  

Or run away from the ball. I'm amazed at the players on every team all over the country that stand a foot away from a bouncing ball they have no intention of catching. My HS coach wouldn't have you anywhere near the punt return team if you did that ONCE. 

50 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

OK then, define definitive! Video evidence clearly shows he did not touch the ball. It shouldn’t have been called on the field and then it should’ve been overturned. Of course neither one happened.

On a sidenote: the AP has Alabama ranked ahead of Tennessee, they both have two losses and Tennessee beat Alabama. Just in case anyone thinks this is all an accident and there isn’t blatant favoritism showed.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Here’s an idea… why don’t we get a punt returner that can actually catch the ball. Make the fair catch and this isn’t even a conversation. 

Yeah that’s why I’ve kept my mouth shut. Should’ve never come to this.