2023 Portal Discussion Thread

toddc

On 5/11/2023 at 9:17 AM, alabastertiger said:

2016 ...

image.png

:)

Save that for the offended party. You know, the one who said I couldn't provide a list of 18 scholarship O-linemen and ended up with egg on his face when the list was provided. Save it for the one who can't get over it and brings this up ever few months or so.

As for me, I won. I'm man enough to take the win and walk away, 'nuff said. Save the grudge bit for the childish person who isn't big enough to take his loss and move on. Save the grudge bit for the one who got whupped and still keeps on bringing this up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Save that for the offended party. You know, the one who said I couldn't provide a list of 18 scholarship O-linemen and ended up with egg on his face when the list was provided. Save it for the one who can't get over it and brings this up ever few months or so.

As for me, I won. I'm man enough to take the win and walk away, 'nuff said. Save the grudge bit for the childish person who isn't big enough to take his loss and move on. Save the grudge bit for the one who got whupped and still keeps on bringing this up.

Clearly, most readers on the board agree with this. And so does HF. I dont know why anyone argues.

It's gets brought up every so often because it was an absurd take originally from you, and that combined with your inability to let it go or admit your premise was wrong makes for fun fodder. Oh and the fact that we are still cleaning up the mess the two previous coaches left at O-Line. That should be the argument stopper right there. You act like the one sticking point of the whole argument was the LS 18 Olinemen comment, but that's just the microcosm of the entire absurd argument, and an easy reference point.

I dont dislike you, I believe some on here might. But this was a bad take and going down with that ship won't help the matter.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

You still don't get it.  Bolstering the number of O-line by including LS is really stretching credulity.  Plus, it continually invites all the joke & mocking responses you've received over the years. 

No, you don't get it. A list of 18 scholarship O-linemen isn't "bolstered" by one of them being a long snapper. That's just what the loser has to fixate on because otherwise he, well, lost. Check all this back and forth. For years now I've never initiated the conversation. The loser keeps bringing it up trying to add a new spin every time. You want it to end? Tell the one who lost to take it like a man and move on.

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You act like the one sticking point of the whole argument was the LS 18 Olinemen comment,

That was the only point in the original comment. He said I couldn't provide the list. I provided it. End of story. Except a certain party cannot let it go.

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not him. Just his incessant incorrect take on OL numbers and what not.

BS. Post a link to where I ever brought this subject up after 2016. It's not me who keeps trying to re-write history.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That was the only point in the original comment. He said I couldn't provide the list. I provided it. End of story. Except a certain party cannot let it go.

You quoted one section of my reply but missed the whole point of what I said. 

I've seen how these arguments go with you involved. So I'll bow out now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The legendary “Bill Taylor post” will always be one of my favorites!!!

You weren't there when the list was provided. As for a legendary post, I'm not aware of such a thing. I'm intrigued. Please post a link.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, you don't get it. A list of 18 scholarship O-linemen isn't "bolstered" by one of them being a long snapper. That's just what the loser has to fixate on because otherwise he, well, lost. Check all this back and forth. For years now I've never initiated the conversation. The loser keeps bringing it up trying to add a new spin every time. You want it to end? Tell the one who lost to take it like a man and move on.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

You quoted one section of my reply but missed the whole point of what I said. 

I've seen how these arguments go with you involved. So I'll bow out now. 

You fell for the cluster B personality disorder web. Rookie mistake.

• Haha 2

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

when is another wide receiver gonna commit?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

when is another wide receiver gonna commit?

Don't you mean wide tackle.  I mean they line up on the end of the line of scrimmage...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

no matter what's being talked about, there are always laughs to be had 😆

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Bird and Mikey, Mikey and Bird.  They used to be best friends out in West Texas and planned to get married one day…then Mikey dropped the now infamous long snapper remark.  It was a rift, no a tear, no two individuals could be expected to mend.  

They say love can hold two strong willed people together despite any disagreement, unfortunately when it come to Offensive Line and Special Teams in the SEC, this “special” feud became too “offensive” to overcome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Don't you mean wide tackle.  I mean they line up on the end of the line of scrimmage...

I wouldn't mind seeing Markel Bell line up at the slot. Talk about a mismatch!

Andre The Giant GIFs | Tenor

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• Like 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Why the decommit from Ole Miss? Or previously committed before going to JSU?

@WDE_OxPx_2010 Probably because all the offers he’s gotten lately. He committed to Ole Miss on April 20 and only stayed committed for a week. Also all transfers are fair game until they start classes because when they sign documents as transfers it doesn’t bind them to the school. They can sign financial aid papers with multiple schools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Where is that?

Ask one of the mods who are active in this thread to give you a link. They have super powers!

Edited by Mikey

After the transfers sign when can they report to campus? At start of 1st or 2nd summer session? Is that when they officially go on scholarship?

2 hours ago, autan said:

After the transfers sign when can they report to campus? At start of 1st or 2nd summer session? Is that when they officially go on scholarship?

@autan they can report whenever AU clears their transcripts and coaches want them on campus. They go on scholly whenever they start classes.

• Thanks 2