Freeze is Changing Things for the Better...

WillMunny

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

All that's fine but by doing so if it doesn't work out posters can't get mad if people want to speak on it in the future. I don't know what positive signs you are referring to but I do know Harsin people made this same exact post. And also some of the guys arguing the most were making negative posts about Harsin. So just off that you can't get mad if some people don't like freeze for whatever reason.

Also If you make negative posts about other people then want to say my guy is the guy you cannot be angry if it doesn't pan out.

My thing is how this place tries to set up only certain people can speak on things.......especially when the people that get to speak aren't speaking strictly on football, but have biases.....for whatever reasons they choose to have them

I agree, no reason to be negative about anyone thats not at AU ( for me this includes Harsin, or any of the other past HCs) unless we are comparatively speaking. I personally tried to stay positive with Malzahn/Harsin (thats the only coaches we had while I have been a part of this forum). I intend on continuing in that manner hopefully.

the positive signs I am referring to is the recruiting approach. Seems much more looked on as positive by all I have read including recruits and Recruiting contacts.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I'll say this, just like the last coach, and the coach before him. I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason that they aren't fit to be HC at AU. As someone that was meh at the hire at the start (mainly bc of the pr), I'm liking what I am seeing. We will see what happens.

Well I like to know how a guy without ant ethics, stupid and just all around vulgar be a fit for the Auburn job unless the creed means absolutely nothing.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 3

12 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Well I like to know how a guy without ant ethics, stupid and just all around vulgar be a fit for the Auburn job unless the creed means absolutely nothing.

Now it makes more sense. You should’ve just started with this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I am one who did not want CHF. When hired I was not a happy tiger. I walked away for a couple days and realized my love for Auburn is greater than my distaste for CHF so I went into wait and see mode. Still there but I really like what I have seen so far!! I am obviously not one to hope our teams lose every game he coaches because that would be a disservice to the young men who play for out 🐅. Really hope things continue to trend up. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, WillMunny said:

improved recruiting

We traded in a 1985 Merkur XR4TI for a 1986 Thunderbird. There was only one direction to go.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Ha. My exact same thought.

I remember all the amazing things Harsin was doing.

I don't think I'll ever forget the alpha male talk....

60% of the board will be happy with a coach if they see him yelling or cursing a layer out......now sometimes that's needed but it takes so much more. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I don't think I'll ever forget the alpha male talk....

People were so amped when he banned players from taking elevators

• Haha 2

Literally every and any coach will/would get praise , if they come in, do the right things and say the right stuff. 

if Deion Sanders came in and got some top tier recruits early on. He would get praised.

if CLK came in and hired a 5 star coaching staff, he would get praise 

all of that would happen and mean very little until you see the on field results. There is not a single poster on here batting .1000 in terms of predictions. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carnell said:

Bama troll

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

We traded in a 1985 Merkur XR4TI for a 1986 Thunderbird. There was only one direction to go.

More like a 1977 Trans Am (black), or a 1981 Z28 Camaro (silver).  My two favorite sports cars.

11 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Don’t worry, you can get him next year or the year after.   Pittman won’t be there long.   

i doubt  he wouild leave  after 1-2 years at colo    arky  next coach might be the guy at UTSA  or someone else  but i do agree pittman only has 1-2 years left  i am worryed about his health now

Waaaayyy too early to say that Auburn made the right hire. He looks good now, but that tune will change real quick if he turns in a 2-10 season. 

At least give it a couple seasons to see if the hire was good. 

7 hours ago, Carnell said:

Now you've got me curious, what kind of ethics does an ant have? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

Waaaayyy too early to say that Auburn made the right hire. He looks good now, but that tune will change real quick if he turns in a 2-10 season. 

At least give it a couple seasons to see if the hire was good. 

The opposite of that is true also!!

21 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Is that all you got "Bama troll" attack the messenger because you sure can't discredit the message

You came on here with one thing in mind, to attack Freeze. We get that you don't like him but the constant need to spew insults and judge him shows that you take this more personal than you ought to...unless, of course, you are trolling. Other than that it really serves no purpose. He's working harder at recruiting right now than we've seen in a dozen years or so. He's passionate about being at Auburn. He's made mistakes. He's owned them. What else do you want? He's not getting fired because you don't like him. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Carnell said:

No worries! Golloway and Harsin are long gone.... :comfort: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

Now you've got me curious, what kind of ethics does an ant have? 

I know they believe in work, hard work.

.... ant work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

You came on here with one thing in mind, to attack Freeze. We get that you don't like him but the constant need to spew insults and judge him shows that you take this more personal than you ought to...unless, of course, you are trolling. Other than that it really serves no purpose. He's working harder at recruiting right now than we've seen in a dozen years or so. He's passionate about being at Auburn. He's made mistakes. He's owned them. What else do you want? He's not getting fired because you don't like him. 

He has not owned up if anything he has gotten worse.  At Ole Miss when he knew what he was going he dared the NCAA to investigate and find infractions against him.  Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

No worries! Golloway and Harsin are long gone.... :comfort: 

With the hiring of Freeze it seems to be of epidemic proportions at Auburn.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, Carnell said:

With the hiring of Freeze it seems to be of epidemic proportions at Auburn.

Maybe you should change your display name because the real life incarnation of it, accepted a job under Freeze. His standard is much lower than yours apparently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1