Rumors WSU in 2006?

DKW 86

Cool, I hope we do face WSU next year. If we do, it should be a good game. Last year WSU had a 10 win season, so that would be a good non-conference game for :au: next year and I'm sure if we do schedule them, then it would make our shedule look tough. But I hope WSU comes to :au: and we woop their :moon:

:au:

I have a friend that went to WSU and he loves the school but admits that Pittman, Washington is terrible.....the Starkville of the Pac-10  :no:

173554[/snapback]

I believe it is Pullman, Washington, but we get your drift.

I think that is the perfect type of school to schedule. Well-respected, and even if they aren't ranked no one would consider it a walk-over game.

:au:

Ditto that ferg. This would be a great move to schedule a game like this. BCS league, name recognition etc. Who do you want to go see Auburn play more, the WSU Cougars from the PAC 10 or the WKU Cookie Monsters from Sesame Street?

If we have 4 OOC games, I want to see us lock in a series with GT and teams like WSU and then have a couple of cupcakes for a break.

i am all for a wsu game. hopefully, it will be 1 home and 1 away. since i live in oregon i can cross the state line for some auburn football. it is pullman, dkw.

I have a friend that went to WSU and he loves the school but admits that Pittman, Washington is terrible.....the Starkville of the Pac-10  :no:

173554[/snapback]

Yes, Pullman IS literally in the middle of no and where. If we play a home and home, pray it's early in the year.

We have to take this series. We have to win both games.

I don't think that I can stomach a series loss to another Pac Ten team.

WSU had a very young team in 2004 and this youth probably contributed to them having a losing season.

However, if Pac Ten football history is our guide, then WSU should be set up for the next two or three years. Auburn will play the Cougars when they are at their best. Of course, after the series is over, WSU will lose all that talent to graduation and go directly into the tank like they did last season.

For whatever reason, most Pac Ten teams have one good recruiting class, set that recruiting class up for four years; that recruiting class will reward them with a 10+ senior season and a Pac Ten championship. Meanwhile, their coaches and programs get so complacent with the talent that they currently have, that they don't recruit the players that will set their program up for the future. They learn this lesson the hard way after that one great recruiting class leaves and their program go directly into the tank.

With the exception of USC, just look at programs like Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Stanford, and even WSU.

Anyway, I think that Auburn will play WSU at their best and it's imperative for us to win this series. We have to prove to the nation that we are capable of taking a series from a non-conference opponent.

Alex

Pullman is in the SE corner of WA. The stadium only seats 35,000 or so, max.

If AU & WSU get a home & home deal going, I'm willing to bet the game will be played in Seattle at QWest Field (the new Seahawks Stadium.) The very first football game played in that stadium was a college game in 2002: WSU vs U. Nevada, Reno. I know because I attended that game. From a marketing standpoint it makes perfect sense because the population base of WSU alumni lives in western Washington and they pack the stadium. WSU has played 1 out of conference game there every year early in the season (Idaho in 03, Colorado in 04, Grambling on 17 Sep 05.) If that's the case, all you AU people wanting to attend can fly directly into Seattle. I've always told all my family members the best time of year to visit Seattlle is in September after Labor Day. That's when the weather is perfect -- no rain, low humidity, warm temps during the day & cool in the evening. That would be awsome (or is it AUsome) if AU & WSU can pair up. :au::thumbsup:

WSU Stadium

The enlarged Martin Stadium opened to a record crowd of 32,651 on October 13, 1979, a 17-13 Homecoming victory over UCLA. Martin's largest crowd to date came in 1997 during Washington State's run towards the Rose Bowl when 40,306 fans watched the Cougars beat Stanford 38-28
:blink:

Vandy has a bigger Stadium....

Capacity: 41,203

Man, not many could go even if we wanted to. Unless we bought out the stadium like we did :gt: in 2003. Lets hope the game turns out better.

doesn't WSU play some of their 'big' games in seattle? if so, that'd be tremendous.

yet, a home and ____ would be great, too, provided we win. also, that would only serve to bring mike price's name back up several times that week, and i, for one, think that'd be good entertainment.

ct

Archived