Mike Evans

weagl1

Played at A&M and I always knew the guy was good but he had a career day with 3 TDs for Tampa Bay today.  While the performance during the game was impressive enough it was the interview with Erin Andrews and what he did walking off the field that really impressed me.  He was so well spoken and humble in the interview that you couldn’t help but like the guy.  Then as he was walking of the field he actually took his shoes off, signed them, gave them to a little kid in the stands and walked off in his socks.   You could see a smile on his face a mile wide.  That little kid will have those shoes in a prominent place in his bedroom till he’s an old man like me.   It seems all you ever see about professional athletes in the news is when they get in some sort of trouble or show their butt on the field.  It was good to see one getting caught doing something nice for a change.  

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Played at A&M and I always knew the guy was good but he had a career day with 3 TDs for Tampa Bay today.  While the performance during the game was impressive enough it was the interview with Erin Andrews and what he did walking off the field that really impressed me.  He was so well spoken and humble in the interview that you couldn’t help but like the guy.  Then as he was walking of the field he actually took his shoes off, signed them, gave them to a little kid in the stands and walked off in his socks.   You could see a smile on his face a mile wide.  That little kid will have those shoes in a prominent place in his bedroom till he’s an old man like me.   It seems all you ever see about professional athletes in the news is when they get in some sort of trouble or show their butt on the field.  It was good to see one getting caught doing something nice for a change.  

When you get a chance read his story. I can’t remember all the details, but what you described is a far cry from his youth. Good to see guys take advantage of opportunities. He could have very easily made the wrong turn growing up!!

7 hours ago, TXaubie said:

When you get a chance read his story. I can’t remember all the details, but what you described is a far cry from his youth. Good to see guys take advantage of opportunities. He could have very easily made the wrong turn growing up!!

I read a short thing about it.  I would bet the kid he handed the shoes to was one of those he knew from the.work of his domestic violence foundation.  Nice to know he was able to escape that, go on to be successful and help other kids.  No kid should ever have to grow up in a situation like that.  

• Love 1