2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Does Cam, Ryan Williams know something we don't in regards to who we may get in the portal? 

A good possibility 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AEAugirl Yes it's a violation to tamper but all players and recruits know everyone is shopping so giving them names of targets would definitely be on the table as something a staff would do.

Not officially but every staff is already back channeling on targets.

What's stupid about it? It's not like the recruits are going to go to the NCAA with it.

There is a big difference in saying “we are hoping to target someone like X player” etc and telling recruits “we have Y player coming in, already a done deal” ….especially to a recruit who is currently committed to our biggest rival whose coach is known for playing games with Auburn involving recruits. 

Imagine if Freeze had told them “hey, we have Michael Pratt coming….its already been decided so that is who is going to be throwing the ball to you next year” then RW runs to Saban….you know exactly what he does with that….calls Willie Fritz and here comes the NCAA. 

My response was in the context that these players have been told something specific or a specific name.  Everyone knows they are talking behind the scenes but it’s not something you openly admit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

A good possibility 

I think ON3 said it best that these kids usually don't know much. They talk to each other and say yeah, I'm coming and then they get with their people, and it becomes a business decision. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I think ON3 said it best that these kids usually don't know much. They talk to each other and say yeah, I'm coming and then they get with their people, and it becomes a business decision. 

That’s why I don’t pay attention to the “package deals” that pop up every year in recruiting. These recruits only really know what’s going on for their personal recruitment.

They obviously to talk to other recruits and try to get other guys to join them but it doesn’t really do much for other recruits to actually commit

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

we have Y player coming in, already a done deal”

Agreed but I didn't take the OP to be that specific.

54 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I would think this greatly helps our chances to flip Coleman.

@AUwent are you finally happy now!?

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@AUwent are you finally happy now!?

Wish we'd just swallow whatever pride we have and hire him back. IDGAD whose jimmies he rustled, Cam Coleman is the type of recruit you do whatever. It. Takes. To land. ANY bad taste from the last two games would instantly be washed down.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wish we'd just swallow whatever pride we have and hire him back. IDGAD whose jimmies he rustled, Cam Coleman is the type of recruit you do whatever. It. Takes. To land. ANY bad taste from the last two games would instantly be washed down.

So that’s a no then on you finally being happy? Alrighty then….. 

• Haha 8

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

What is actually the story with him? I vaguely remember reading a little about it back when it happened, but I had other things going on in life so I wasn't really paying as much attention to it as I typically would. I don't recall any of the details now, though. 

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So that’s a no then on you finally being happy? Alrighty then….. 

Well, it probably does increase the odds.

41 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

What is actually the story with him? I vaguely remember reading a little about it back when it happened, but I had other things going on in life so I wasn't really paying as much attention to it as I typically would. I don't recall any of the details now, though. 

What I remember he was on staff as CO-OC but he said they never took any of his input.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

It looks like Auburn is doing whatever it takes to get him. They even offered his teammate who has no p5 offers matter of fact I don't even know if he has any FCS offers either 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It looks like Auburn is doing whatever it takes to get him. They even offered his teammate who has no p5 offers matter of fact I don't even know if he has any FCS offers either 

I agree.…so is the reason we offered this kid the reason it obviously appears to be, or is there something about this kid that the coaches feel he is a diamond in the rough?

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Next Nick Mardner/Shane Hooks

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree.…so is the reason we offered this kid the reason it obviously appears to be, or is there something about this kid that the coaches feel he is a diamond in the rough?

No. He is no more of a diamond in the rough than THANASIS ANTETOKOUNMPO 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

It’s as a preferred walk on I believe so we good here fam! But freeze knows how to play that game! Getting Robert Nkemdechie much less heralded brother the year before so to give him a in and leg up on the competition for Robert.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Next Nick Mardner/Shane Hooks

🥴🤮🤢🤧

IMG_5610.jpeg

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s as a preferred walk on I believe so we good here fam! But freeze knows how to play that game! Getting Robert Nkemdechie much less heralded brother the year before so to give him a in and leg up on the competition for Robert.

Maybe it is a PWO but in his tweet he never specified he just said he was offered and that’s it

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Maybe it is a PWO but in his tweet he never specified he just said he was offered and that’s it

Per every AU recruiting reporter it's a walk on spot. There's no maybe about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5888.gif

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5888.gif

Looks like one of them had a sack of Krystals last night. 

• Haha 1