Baseball at Arkansas

Did not realize we had already started. 4:00 start with us up 1-0 in T4.

Bases loaded with 1 out. Green at bat.

Sac fly right makes it 2-0

Hall at bat and strike out ends T 4

Edited by SaltyTiger

On 3/17/2023 at 8:49 PM, Golden Eagle said:

Not their best effort today...disappointing.  Hope they perform better tomorrow.

That didn't age well

• Haha 1

• SaltyTiger changed the title to Baseball at Arkansas
11 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Think it's going to be a long conference season

I really expect this team to get stronger as the season goes along. Injured guys back in the lineup and the players settling in and learning to play together. That could be wrong, but that's what I expect.

• Like 2

I certainly did not expect to be swept opening series of this season in SEC play!

53 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

I certainly did not expect to be swept opening series of this season in SEC play!

Auburn seldom plays well against Arkansas. They seem to have the Tigers number in baseball 

I was there.   Arky is a tough place to play.   They announced the 3 game attendance as 27,000 plus.   It was an odd series, at least twice we hit guys on an 0-2 pitch and the HBP came around to score in the inning.   We had some pitchers throw some really good quality innings (Will Cannon today 4 scoreless and 1 hit) and some that didn't.   We started 3 true freshman today....  We really miss Bobby Pierce's bat and leadership.   The line up will be  better once he gets well.   We need Gonzo to trust the doctors and the staff and get back on the bump.  If all of you could go see Arky's facilities, you would realize why they have been to the postseason 19 of the past 20 years.  If you love baseball, strike that, if you like baseball give to TUF or NIL or join the 108 Club.  Right now, we have fallen way too far behind.

• Like 1

Positives: our hitters consistently demonstrate good plate discipline. Swinging at bad pitches seems to have improved a lot. Irish is a stud and future star. Stanfield and G Miller very solid freshman. Larue has a laser cannon behind the plate. Crotchfeld is a very solid freshman starter and has the potential to be a strong ace in the future. Cannon looks solid as well. Gonzalez is great when healthy  

Negatives: Not getting lead off hitters on. Larue has 4 hits in 20 games. Need Pierce and McMurray back. Our pitchers throw flat fastballs and few of them have the confidence to get ahead of hitters. We rarely have any of them last more than 3-4 innings. 

Butch has a history of rallying and improving teams as the season goes on and getting injured players back is a must. We really need to take at least 2 of 3 vs UGA this weekend. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

Think I am correct in this being the 1st 3 in a row loss since 2020. No consolation but several SEC team were swept in a crazy weekend. Including the UGA team coming here Thursday. Thing you like to see is win all home series and at least pick up 1 out of 3 on the road. 

Pretty sure we have South AL Tuesday night. Want to say that game is in Montgomery. Not nearly time to get down about this team. WDE

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Arky has great facilities in most sports. 

I got a tour of the track facilities.    Let this sink in -- "47 National Championships, 151 Conference Championships."

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Think I am correct in this being the 1st 3 in a row loss since 2020. No consolation but several SEC team were swept in a crazy weekend. Including the UGA team coming here Thursday. Thing you like to see is win all home series and at least pick up 1 out of 3 on the road. 

Pretty sure we have South AL Tuesday night. Want to say that game is in Montgomery. Not nearly time to get down about this team. WDE

Salty, CBT said April 18, 2021 was our last sweep.  Pretty amazing.   OM got swept twice last year...

I thought we’d struggle to get a win in this series. Gotta dig out of a hole. 

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Salty, CBT said April 18, 2021 was our last sweep.  Pretty amazing.   OM got swept twice last year...

They ended in grand fashion. OM swept by Vandy this past weekend. 

• Like 2