ROLL CALL!!!!!

aubiefifty

who is going to watch the news today to watch trump get arrested? it will be such fitting karma for his lock her up crap.maybe we can get a watch party going like amazon and some other sites do.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

image.png.8396e06052b68721af399c318ea90c91.png

jj is the boogey man and he will get ya..............lol

• Haha 1

Childish....go do something more productive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, creed said:

I tend to agree.  There is something destructive in this sort of rah-rah stuff.  We should stop latching on to parties and personalities and,,, be more interested in policies that promote prosperity, peace, health for the majority of Americans.

We are a manipulated population.  We love to rally blindly behind symbols.  However, that is as much our own fault as it is the fault of those who manipulate us.  Time to grow up and trade partisan politics for policy politics.  It is absurd how many policies are popular with most Americans yet,,, have no chance of being enacted.

Politics is the interests of capital versus the interests of society.  You can see it in our founding, Shay's rebellion, the Great Depression, the post WWII economic expansion, the 2008 financial crisis, today's political/economic environment.  The real answer is almost always balance.

Fundamentally, we need to return to people who believe in equality, fairness, justice.  We need to return to being people who respect honesty, integrity, more than wealth and power.

WE are choosing plutocracy over democracy.  This choice began in the 70s, with the Powell memo.  This choice is why our country is now financialized and, why our government is indebted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

who is going to watch the news today to watch trump get arrested? it will be such fitting karma for his lock her up crap.maybe we can get a watch party going like amazon and some other sites do.

Smoked breakfast again, huh?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Smoked breakfast again, huh?

yes actually i did and it was great. you ready to join the anti trumpers for the good of the country and the world? grins

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, creed said:

not until i know trump is no longer a threat. and it is not childish it is called humor. he hurt too many people and i want some payback. you can kiss my grits if you ever think you or anyone other than a mod can shut me up. i posted this on the snarky side of the board. but hey go suck up to trump since he has been way more childish than i could ever think of being. you do not like what i say? fine ignore me. you do not get to tell me what to do scooter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

oh gosh was i acting childish to this monster?whatever was i thinking.............

Trump loses last bid to keep key evidence out of rape trial

348b87837bca2b904f0e185253468097

FILE - E. Jean Carroll talks to reporters outside a courthouse on March 4, 2020, in New York. Former President Donald Trump’s effort to keep key evidence out of his upcoming civil rape trial was rejected by a federal judge, Monday, March 20, 2023. The trial in the case filed by Carroll is scheduled to start April 25. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)

LARRY NEUMEISTER
Mon, March 20, 2023 at 6:46 PM CDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Former President Donald Trump’s effort to keep key evidence out of his civil rape trial next month was rejected by a federal judge Monday.

Judge Lewis A. Kaplan in Manhattan ruled that key witnesses will be allowed to testify and misogynistic remarks Trump made about women in 2005 when he apparently didn’t realize he was being recorded can be played for a jury that will hear quarter-century-old rape allegations made by a former magazine columnist.

A trial in the case filed by E. Jean Carroll is scheduled to start April 25. Carroll and Trump are expected to testify.

Carroll said in a 2019 memoir that she was raped by Trump in the mid-1990s in a dressing room at Bergdorf Goodman, an upscale Manhattan department store. She said a chance encounter filled with lighthearted banter turned violent when they entered a small room while teasing one another about who would try on a piece of lingerie.

Trump has repeatedly insisted he never met Carroll at the store and that he didn't know who she was. During an October deposition, he misidentified a decades-old photograph of her as one of his ex-wives.

In the deposition, Trump was dismissive of Carroll’s claims, saying: “Physically she’s not my type."

Kaplan had previously ruled that taped remarks Trump made in an “Access Hollywood” tape could be used in a defamation case Carroll brought against him before she filed a rape claim against him in November, when a temporary law took effect allowing adult rape victims to sue their abusers, even if attacks happened decades ago.

He also ruled that two women who made sexual abuse claims in circumstances similar to those alleged by Carroll could testify at trial.

The Access Hollywood tape was revealed just weeks before Trump won the November 2016 presidential election.

In the tape, he said that sometimes when he sees beautiful women: “I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.” And he added that, “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything,” including grabbing women between their legs.

Afterward, he issued a rare apology, saying the comments were “locker room banter” caught on a hot mic.

Lawyers for Trump and Carroll had agreed that the defamation claim, made in a separate lawsuit, could be tried along with the rape claim, but the judge rejected that proposal Monday, saying the defamation lawsuit could be tried separately or not at all if the Justice Department successfully replaces Trump as a defendant with the United States.

In an order Monday, Kaplan ruled specifically that he would allow the “Access Hollywood” tape and testimony by two other women who say Trump attacked them sexually to be included in next month's trial, repeating his rulings from the defamation case.

“There is no reason, and Mr. Trump has made no persuasive argument, for me to rule differently,” he wrote.

He also said he will allow testimony from two individuals who worked at the department store at the time of the alleged rape to testify, even though Trump's lawyers objected, saying they hadn't been notified in a timely fashion of the testimony and hadn't had a chance to depose the witnesses.

The judge said lawyers for Carroll had notified them of the witnesses in a timely fashion.

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer for Carroll, declined comment. A lawyer for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not until i know trump is no longer a threat. and it is not childish it is called humor. he hurt too many people and i want some payback. you can kiss my grits if you ever think you or anyone other than a mod can shut me up. i posted this on the snarky side of the board. but hey go suck up to trump since he has been way more childish than i could ever think of being. you do not like what i say? fine ignore me. you do not get to tell me what to do scooter.

Don't mind Creed. He pops in here once every week or two just to tell us we're stupid for talking political smack in the political smack talk forum. It's his thing. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Don't mind Creed. He pops in here once every week or two just to tell us we're stupid for talking political smack in the political smack talk forum. It's his thing. 

yeah i got little use for him. he crossed the line. i have never tried to tell folks what they can and cannot say and i will not stand for it. he is probably like jj. jj told me he would vote for trump again. maybe he was pulling my leg but i believed him to be serious. it might get worse. i just bought Confidence man: the making of donald trump and the breaking of america for less than three bucks used on amazon. i was told it was the most factual without he said she said stuff that cannot be verified. my point is i will probably be inspired to bang trump more than i have.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

yes actually i did and it was great. you ready to join the anti trumpers for the good of the country and the world? grins

Clear your smoke fogged mind. We have have been rid of Trump for a while….things are more screwed up now than ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Clear your smoke fogged mind. We have have been rid of Trump for a while….things are more screwed up now than ever.

you clear yours salty. trump is still here and he plans on running again which makes your statement invalid. if a reminder from me gets one person to not support him i have done a good thing. i will let you pass on the smoke filled thing as i have seen you pretty dang drunk on here. but i bet you forgot that right? we can shoot arrows all day long. again i do not tell any of you what you can or cannot say on these boards.

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Trump's favorite song is "You Are Always ON My Mind" is sure appropriate for some here,

people on here voted for trump and ridiculed anyone that dared say anything against trump. now you guys have egg on your face because you enabled the sorry piece of crap. every time someone posted crap he did it was fake news or just your normal haters. you people are full of crap. you still turn a blind eye to him and some of you have actually stated you would vote for trump again if he gets to run. there is only one person that voted for trump and realizes the error of his ways and will admit it. i have huge respect for the man. trump i s a pol and this is a political board. some of you will just have to get over it. but keep on taking shots at me all you want. history has already proven i am right and i sleep well at night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

people on here voted for trump and ridiculed anyone that dared say anything against trump. now you guys have egg on your face because you enabled the sorry piece of crap. every time someone posted crap he did it was fake news or just your normal haters. you people are full of crap. you still turn a blind eye to him and some of you have actually stated you would vote for trump again if he gets to run. there is only one person that voted for trump and realizes the error of his ways and will admit it. i have huge respect for the man. trump i s a pol and this is a political board. some of you will just have to get over it. but keep on taking shots at me all you want. history has already proven i am right and i sleep well at night.

So just for the record.....you would vote for Biden if he runs again.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Er, he's running for president, again. 

I know you'd like to be "rid" of him - and I understand why- but it's only wishful thinking.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So just for the record.....you would vote for Biden if he runs again.

probably so. trump left him quite a mess and he has done well. i will say i reserve the right to change my mind depending on who else is running. i might vote for liz cheney if i like her policies. you people act like biden is the boogie man when it is fact trump delaying and ignoring covid until it started killing people is something you guys like to claim is a lie but it happened. so until trump is gone or in jail i will be a thorn in anyones side that is pro trump. period.

• Haha 2

trump has bullsh*ted so many americans i think our education system needs an overhaul...................

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

probably so. trump left him quite a mess and he has done well. i will say i reserve the right to change my mind depending on who else is running. i might vote for liz cheney if i like her policies. you people act like biden is the boogie man when it is fact trump delaying and ignoring covid until it started killing people is something you guys like to claim is a lie but it happened. so until trump is gone or in jail i will be a thorn in anyones side that is pro trump. period.

Can you tell me some of Biden's accomplishments that deserve anyone voting for him?

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

Can you tell me some of Biden's accomplishments that deserve anyone voting for him?

can you tell me why trump deserves to be reelected?