2024 5* C Flory Bidunga (Kansas)

ellitor

6 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Gotcha…I was just going off of what everyone else was saying…and it sounds like I wasn’t the only one who thought so. I don’t know much about AU basketball. At this point, Bruce has made Auburn basketball a respectable program, top 10-top 20 team. I don’t think we’ll ever be anything more than that. If we were, 2019 would have been it. 

I want nothing more than for Auburn to win a championship in basketball. It is going to take a special set of consistent performing players to get us to that point. I'm thankful that I'm able to care so much about a competitive Auburn basketball team, but I think the time of an Auburn championship has come and gone. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I want nothing more than for Auburn to win a championship in basketball. It is going to take a special set of consistent performing players to get us to that point. I'm thankful that I'm able to care so much about a competitive Auburn basketball team, but I think the time of an Auburn championship has come and gone. 

It’s just extremely difficult because of the nature of the tourney which is very fluky and random. But that’s also why teams always have a chance because of how big of a crapshoot it is. We didn’t see 2019 coming until the sec tourney  and we most likely won’t see our next *knock on 🪵 wood 🤞* coming if we are fortunate enough to ever make it back. It’s the hardest major sport to win a title in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I commandeered my boys' movie during a vacation in Colorado to see this dude commit to Kansas.

And you by said it ... We're not in Kansas any more... There's a reason why you're on vacay.. 😉

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know if he does it again for anyone… You lose a guy that you played the long game with like this, seemingly perfectly, I think that has some effect to how you conduct business. If the G-League misses and the 5 star transfers made him want to favor the portal more, I’d have to think this does the same 

3 hours ago, CR said:

Hate it for Bruce. Tate said he has been on this guy for 20 months.

2 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Yup…at this point we just get 2nd place (which doesn’t really mean anything, unless maybe they transfer?) for a lot of the best players like Bidunga, Scoot Henderson, Ace Bailey, etc. etc. etc. At least we had Jabari. Freeze is at least building something promising. 

Jabari was a treat to watch..

No offense to Bruce, trying to go about it the right way, maybe recruit for 10'months and drop the bags.. 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Did we get out recruited or out paid.  I hate this day and age of mercenaries.  Just sucks.  Particularly in the one and done era

From what I understand, we were only in it as close as we were late because of money…so my best guess is Kansas waited until we gave an offer that we thought cemented the deal and snuck in a better one at the last sec

I could understand it being just bad intel our guys had, but the Duke and national guys were hearing the same stuff, and hearing the same stuff literally the day of the commitment. That can only mean last second “deal” to me, I may be reaching in thinking that it was a deal bigger than ours, but that’s just a guess. The kid did say he wants to go to whoever develops him for the league, and Self probably has the best developer reputation in the game now 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

From what I understand, we were only in it as close as we were late because of money…so my best guess is Kansas waited until we gave an offer that we thought cemented the deal and snuck in a better one at the last sec

I could understand it being just bad intel our guys had, but the Duke and national guys were hearing the same stuff, and hearing the same stuff literally the day of the commitment. That can only mean last second “deal” to me, I may be reaching in thinking that it was a deal bigger than ours, but that’s just a guess. The kid did say he wants to go to whoever develops him for the league, and Self probably has the best developer reputation in the game now 

No Auburn mod ever put in a crystal ball even after a rush of them from Duke and national guys. I don’t think that was by accident. Everyone else was confident besides Auburns own mods. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Everyone else was confident besides Auburns own mods. 

That's because BP had the complex on lock and there was zero info being leaked to the beat. Zero.

FB's parents hated the constant pressure and lime light. BP played this as best as he could. In the end, this was an under armour loss.

As of yesterday afternoon, KU, Michigan, and Duke were both saying they were out.  Not entirely sure what happened. 

It stings but isn't the end. Sorry if I got y'all's hopes up. I was feeling very good until the rain delay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's because BP had the complex on lock and there was zero info being leaked to the beat. Zero.

FB's parents hated the constant pressure and lime light. BP played this as best as he could. In the end, this was an under armour loss.

As of yesterday afternoon, KU, Michigan, and Duke were both saying they were out.  Not entirely sure what happened. 

It stings but isn't the end. Sorry if I got y'all's hopes up. I was feeling very good until the rain delay.

Probably had some guys on the roof with water sprinklers keeping the delay going until there was enough time for the bag or was it a coincidence 🤔....hmmm?

• Haha 1

When did y’all start to think it wouldn’t be us? I was feeling real good up until auburn on3 said sometime during the delay that AU still didn’t know and they had no clue where he was going.

I didn’t pay attention to Goodman’s extremely late prediction until the game finally came on air and I saw who would be commentating it. Robbie Hummel his podcast co host. He clearly got tipped off with inside info by him. That’s when a sinking feeling in my stomach started to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

When did y’all start to think it wouldn’t be us?

When I saw this post below from @KansasTiger. Still didn't put 2 & 2 together til Flory said Kansas. I was watching online which is behind TV telecast

11 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I've never been sadder someone is coming to my state...

• Sad 2

My final & lasting thought on this whole situation is that KU won out in the end because they are seasoned veterans at the bag game and they have the long-standing pay-to-play infrastructure to get things done quickly. Self has no business standing on a sideline without a show cause, but the NCAA for some reason thinks KU needs to be relevant and contending, so they covered for him. Good luck to FB at KU and to those that will be enjoying his payday. 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:42 AM, bigbird said:

It stings but isn't the end.

This was my question.  If we somehow manage to make a smart decision (and not just the immediate cash grab UA might throw our way) and move to Nike/Jordan or Adidas later this year, do you think we will take another run at him?  And when is the soonest he could actually sign with Kansas?

On 8/13/2023 at 7:08 AM, GwillMac6 said:

When did y’all start to think it wouldn’t be us? I was feeling real good up until auburn on3 said sometime during the delay that AU still didn’t know and they had no clue where he was going.

I didn’t pay attention to Goodman’s extremely late prediction until the game finally came on air and I saw who would be commentating it. Robbie Hummel his podcast co host. He clearly got tipped off with inside info by him. That’s when a sinking feeling in my stomach started to happen.

Jeff Goodman bucking the trend was a mild concern.  But when I saw that On3 post about how no one at Auburn knew, I got worried.  I felt like the CBs that had been trending our way was due to a leak (purposeful or not) from the Auburn side and if Auburn truly didn't know, it was completely up for grabs.  And going against an Adidas or Nike school in basketball for a top recruit, especially a blueblood like Kansas, never seems to be a good situation for us.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This was my question.  If we somehow manage to make a smart decision (and not just the immediate cash grab UA might throw our way) and move to Nike/Jordan or Adidas later this year, do you think we will take another run at him?  And when is the soonest he could actually sign with Kansas?

No, he's a jayhawk

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

No, he's a jayhawk

As in:

A.  "This is where he really wants to be regardless of the money"
B.  "He's already signed a binding contract"
C.  "KUs number was so high, Auburn's not going to match it regardless."

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

As in:

A.  "This is where he really wants to be regardless of the money"
B.  "He's already signed a binding contract"
C.  "KUs number was so high, Auburn's not going to match it regardless."

Knowing how his family is, I would be shocked if he went back on his commitment 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Knowing how his family is, I would be shocked if he went back on his commitment 

Ah, so more of a "when you commit it better be where you want to go because you aren't going back on your word."

I can respect that.