Three 3rd graders, three adults killed by shooter at Nashville elementary school

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It’s not a strong statement and it’s basic knowledge. Lol. You know that gun reform has been voted on in Washington right? Who do you think voted against it? The democrats? 

image.gif

There have been lots of bills on gun reform. Which ones are you referring to?

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Last time I checked the board rule is if you make a strong statement it is up to you to provide proof/evidence. I'll defer to the mods on that.

You know this is the heart of the issues with this country. People rely on other people to give them information. If people on both sides would take the initiative to research information we’d have a less ignorant society 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

What do you mean by gun safety? I, as a conservative, support the ban or reduction of assault weapons to the general public.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hell yea! Me too. The people you vote for don’t though. You should write them.

I wouldn't assume that someone who cannot think for themselves is capable of being genuine.  He came here on the day of another mass shooting to defend the overt corruption of a party who takes money and votes at the expense of lives.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Son of A Tiger said:

There have been lots of bills on gun reform. Which ones are you referring to?

It’s doesn’t matter man. You’ll find the same result on all of them. 

• Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I ask again....do you think Wisconsin is a predominately Republican state?

Wisconsin has 1 R senator and 1 D Senator 

Wisconsin has 6 R Congressmen and 2 D Congressmen 

Both houses of the Wisconsin State government are solidly controlled by Republicans. 

Donald trump won Wisconsin in 2016. 

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm with PUB78 so I guess we are just two dangerous people.:wavey:

That isn't what I said and you know that.  The belief that any opinion other than their own or any candidate from a party other than the one they support will destroy the country is in every way an argument for an autocratic form of government.  The far right isn't the only group to use that argument to maintain control of their voting block.  They are simply taking it to new extremes.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm with PUB78 so I guess we are just two dangerous people.:wavey:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/19/566731477/chart-how-have-your-members-of-congress-voted-on-gun-bills

I can’t believe I’m doing this. Every person on this board has more access to any information they could ever want at their fingertips, but….here we are. Me doing the work to help you be a more informed member of society. 

I spent 15 seconds of my life googling this. Don’t let that be for nothing. I strongly encourage EVERY REPUBLICAN in here to click this link. You can click each state if you want or just choose the one you live in. I would encourage you to at least look at a few.

And before you knuckleheads come back at me with “it’s fake liberal propaganda”, it’s NPR which is widely accepted universally by both sides as a fair and balanced source of news. This is not an opinion piece. It’s factual information sourced from congressional voting records.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

She was a former student at the school. Doesn't matter but she may have had some kind of grudge. The church is a Presbyterian Church (PCUSA). I wonder if  their position on March 27 re. trans procedures for minors had anything to do with it.? Time will tell but I hope  they can determine the motive.

The church is PCA, not PCUSA. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Why is that?  That conclusion is exactly what the far right wants you to believe.  As long as you believe that, they can do whatever they want without consequence.  Believing that means that you believe that you have no choice but to vote for their candidates and also reinforces the belief that anyone with views different from yours is a threat to the U.S. and should be eliminated in some way.  That is dangerous and is a real threat to democracy and public debate.

I'm not trying to attack you by pointing that out.  I have many friends that feel the same way.  I simply want to point out how dangerous and really unfounded that point of view can be.

The far left wants you to think the government is going to take care of you from cradle to the grave. Also, that any problem you have, it’s not your fault, it’s society’s fault. Total madness.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

Changing the tone of this discussion, is it true the church school didn’t have a security guard or school resource officer?

Today's Daily Double!!!!!

Max Bet please!!!!

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Both houses of the Wisconsin State government are solidly controlled by Republicans. 

Oh thats easy

Alex. "What is gerrymandering??"

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Donald trump won Wisconsin in 2016

Oh hey, look, the single time in almost 40 years Wisconsin voted for the GOP in the presidential election. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Changing the tone of this discussion, is it true the church school didn’t have a security guard or school resource officer?

doesn't look like it

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Today's Daily Double!!!!!

Max Bet please!!!!

Oh thats easy

Alex. "What is gerrymandering??"

Oh hey, look, the single time in almost 40 years Wisconsin voted for the GOP in the presidential election. 

Wisconsin residents are for the most part conservative. Conservatives vote democrat too in way smaller numbers. There are even conservative democrats in congress…See Joe Manchin. I would not call any of those midwestern states “liberal states”. California, New York, Washington, Oregon, etc are liberal people. The rust belt are conservative labor people hence them voting Democrat. Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, etc are ultra right wing republicans. Let’s also all remember that with the exception of a very few politicians, every Democratic politician in this country leans towards the center left to middle compared to the rest of the world idea of “liberal”.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Wisconsin has 1 R senator and 1 D Senator 

Donald trump won Wisconsin in 2016. 

Times change. Their Governor is now a DEM and Biden won in 2022.

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Apparently not and I think that should be required in today's times at any school where kids are.

So, a confused and sick transgender person did this dastardly deed.

4 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

She was a former student at the school. Doesn't matter but she may have had some kind of grudge. The church is a Presbyterian Church (PCUSA). I wonder if  their position on March 27 re. trans procedures for minors had anything to do with it.? Time will tell but I hope  they can determine the motive.

Sadly it looks like I am apparently right.

Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale: Who is 28-year-old transgender woman who opened fire at Covenant school | Fox News

Edited by Son of A Tiger

Sadly it looks like I am apparently right.

I don't think we know enough to say that yet.  The police haven't revealed the contents of the "manifesto" the shooter wrote about this yet. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think we know enough to say that yet.  The police haven't revealed the contents of the "manifesto" the shooter wrote about this yet. 

Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale: Who is 28-year-old transgender woman who opened fire at Covenant school | Fox News

Yes, I've seen that.  What I'm saying is, we still don't know the motive and whether it had anything to do with the school/church's stance on transgender procedures or not.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Yes, I've seen that.  What I'm saying is, we still don't know the motive and whether it had anything to do with the school/church's stance on transgender procedures or not.

I agree that's why I said apparently. Maybe I should have said maybe.

I agree that's why I said apparently. Maybe I should have said maybe.

It's a reasonable guess.  Just seeing a ton of wild speculation online and want to keep things more level headed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

So, a confused and sick transgender person did this dastardly deed.

Ehhh I’d advise you against going down that road on this particular subject, there, buddy.

IMG_0689.png

IMG_0690.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The Republican Party has moved so far to the right that it is tailoring to the far far right conservative people in our country. 

Yep this good conservative Republican finds a little humor in today's shooting. But wait.........

Nashville school shooting: Biden criticized for joking about ice cream in first statement since attack | Fox News

• Facepalm 1