Three 3rd graders, three adults killed by shooter at Nashville elementary school

TitanTiger

2 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

No but I don't think they are what you describe. See gr82be post above.

It can’t be both. We know that the overwhelming majority of the left is behind aggressive gun legislation. If Republicans don’t value gun rights over child safety, we should have passes gun safety legislation years ago. Do you agree?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It can’t be both. We know that the overwhelming majority of the left is behind aggressive gun legislation. If Republicans don’t value gun rights over child safety, we should have passes gun safety legislation years ago. Do you agree?

I agree with Republicans on gun rights a heck of a lot more than I do Dems.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This line of thinking would lend itself to the idea that mental health issues are over 10x worth in America than in every other country on earth. Do you believe that?

I think you stopped reading where you stopped the quote. I am neither conservative, a Republican, nor a gun advocate. 

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ok I’ll concede that not all conservatives are ok with this, but for the most part, we haven’t made progress on it, because conservatives are creating a roadblock to progress. Can you not agree with that?

I can agree with the roadblocks on many things (either side of the aisle) for certain. I really despise the whole voting for a party idea because they're aren't a lot of elected officials who are vertebrates once they take office. Many are more concerned with who they don't hurt than who they do hurt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I agree with Republicans on gun rights a heck of a lot more than I do Dems.

I stated the republican stance on the issue in my original post and you downvoted it. So you advocate for gun right over eliminating a large percentage of school shootings? That’s the gop stance. That’s not my opinion, man. That’s a stance that has a solid voting record to back it up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I think you stopped reading where you stopped the quote. I am neither conservative, a Republican, nor a gun advocate. 

I’m not stating that you’re anything. You said that you agree that mental health is the root cause. The United States has wayyy more mass shootings than everyone else. I’m asking if you think out mental health issues are that much worse than the rest of the world. 

I stated the republican stance on the issue in my original post and you downvoted it. So you advocate for gun right over eliminating a large percentage of school shootings? That’s the gop stance. That’s not my opinion, man. That’s a stance that has a solid voting record to back it up. 

I ask again....do you think Wisconsin is a predominately Republican state?

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So you think Wisconsin and Georgia are conservative states when they both went for Biden for POTUS?

Yes. Absolutely. Biden was running against Donald Trump. We know for an absolute fact that millions of conservatives voted for Joe Biden.

• Like 1

"Gun rights" is propaganda.  As long as the NRA delivers money and, coalesces votes, common sense gun control is not possible.  This is the worst of politics.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not stating that you’re anything. You said that you agree that mental health is the root cause. The United States has wayyy more mass shootings than everyone else. I’m asking if you think out mental health issues are that much worse than the rest of the world. 

If you continued reading, I stated that I think the Republicans overlook how easy it is to acquire a gun and what i think we should put in place to not limit the 2nd ammendment rights. Not all mental health issues lead to violence. But all mass shootings occur with someone mentally unstable having access to a gun.

Edited by arein0
Spelling
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There isn’t a timeline for that. As long as conservatives exist and gun lobbyists control our legislative branch, we will never progress. The whole point of the reason conservatives exist is to maintain the traditions of a more primitive time. 

You are out of touch with reality. I can agree with you about the gun lobby, but thank God for the conservatives. They stand between the liberals and their total breakdown of society .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

So you think Wisconsin and Georgia are conservative states when they both went for Biden for POTUS?

They are conservative leaning states.  Voting for who someone believes is the best candidate to lead a country doesn't always come down to conservative or liberal narratives.  My father, who lives in Georgia, is as "conservative" as anyone, yet voted for Biden over Trump.

• Like 1

I ask again....do you think Wisconsin is a predominately Republican state?

No I think it is a moderate/conservative state. It’s damn sure not a bastion of liberal life. There are millions of conservative people who vote democrat. The Republican Party has moved so far to the right that it is tailoring to the far far right conservative people in our country. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Please show me a Republican vote on gun rights vs. school shootings.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

You are out of touch with reality. I can agree with you about the gun lobby, but thank God for the conservatives. They stand between the liberals and their total breakdown of society .

Good thing you don't exaggerate.  LOL  Has there been this total breakdown of society somewhere that I am unaware of???????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

So you agree with me that conservatives value 2nd amendment rights over gun safety.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

Good thing you don't exaggerate.  LOL  Has there been this total breakdown of society somewhere that I am unaware of???????

If the liberals get in total command, society as we know it, is doomed. America will be another 3rd world country 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Please show me a Republican vote on gun rights vs. school shootings.

Look it up yourself. It’s not my responsibility to educate you on which politicians vote against gun safety laws. Jesus. You should know that right? If you don’t, why are you even arguing this topic. Just google gun safety legislation voting records. It’s public information.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So you agree with me that conservatives value 2nd amendment rights over gun safety.

What do you mean by gun safety? I, as a conservative, support the ban or reduction of assault weapons to the general public.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Look it up yourself. It’s not my responsibility to educate you on which politicians vote against gun safety laws. Jesus. You should know that right? If you don’t, why are you even arguing this topic. Just google gun safety legislation voting records. It’s public information.

Last time I checked the board rule is if you make a strong statement it is up to you to provide proof/evidence. I'll defer to the mods on that.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

If the liberals get in total command, society as we know it, is doomed. America will be another 3rd world country 

Why is that?  That conclusion is exactly what the far right wants you to believe.  As long as you believe that, they can do whatever they want without consequence.  Believing that means that you believe that you have no choice but to vote for their candidates and also reinforces the belief that anyone with views different from yours is a threat to the U.S. and should be eliminated in some way.  That is dangerous and is a real threat to democracy and public debate.

I'm not trying to attack you by pointing that out.  I have many friends that feel the same way.  I simply want to point out how dangerous and really unfounded that point of view can be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

What do you mean by gun safety? I, as a conservative, support the ban or reduction of assault weapons to the general public.

Hell yea! Me too. The people you vote for don’t though. You should write them.

• Like 1

Last time I checked the board rule is if you make a strong statement it is up to you to provide proof/evidence. I'll defer to the mods on that.

It’s not a strong statement and it’s basic knowledge. Lol. You know that gun reform has been voted on in Washington right? Who do you think voted against it? The democrats? 

image.gif

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Why is that?  That conclusion is exactly what the far right wants you to believe.  As long as you believe that, they can do whatever they want without consequence.  Believing that means that you believe that you have no choice but to vote for their candidates and also reinforces the belief that anyone with views different from yours is a threat to the U.S. and should be eliminated in some way.  That is dangerous and is a real threat to democracy and public debate.

I'm not trying to attack you by pointing that out.  I have many friends that feel the same way.  I simply want to point out how dangerous and really unfounded that point of view can be.

I'm with PUB78 so I guess we are just two dangerous people.:wavey:

• Like 1