Trump indicted by Grand Jury on 36 counts

Didba

20 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Was. Ended 10 years ago. Always a showboat.

Like every professor at Harvard isnt a showboat?

• Facepalm 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:15 PM, Didba said:

As I sit in Longview, Texas at my new firm enjoying my life and work, yes, 100 times yes. 

Seriously?

That's just 45 minutes. Where are you staying?

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yes, David. Everything is all or nothing. 

Just stating the obvious. I know you may not like something he said one day, especially his kissing trumps ass. But he is still a world-recognized professor. 

39 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Just stating the obvious. I know you may not like something he said one day, especially his kissing trumps ass. But he is still a world-recognized professor. 

Meh. He's fallen so far that he should start a pillow company. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Absolutely. He’s recognized. He’s a successful appeal lawyer for rich guilty people. He’s accomplished. And he’s spent the last 10 years cementing his legacy.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:05 AM, icanthearyou said:

Are presidents above the law?

The sitting one says yes. 

On 3/31/2023 at 7:15 PM, DKW 86 said:

AD is/was a highly respected Harvard Law Professor. 

Eh, like I said, in the last 5 years, he isn’t as highly respected as he used to be. 

On 3/31/2023 at 5:58 PM, Tigermike said:

Which says a heck of a lot more of those who don't respect him than it does him.  Just FYI. 

Not really, I’ve heard that opinion from conservatives and liberals alike in the legal field down in Texas. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 9:37 PM, bigbird said:

Seriously?

That's just 45 minutes. Where are you staying?

I’m downtown Longview for now, it was just temporary but has the potential to be permanent. We are seriously considering it. The lower cost of living would seriously help with my school loans 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:15 PM, Didba said:

As I sit in Longview, Texas at my new firm enjoying my life and work, yes, 100 times yes. 

What kind of law practice?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

What kind of law practice?

Breach of contract against insurance companies and general torts litigation. Plaintiff side. 

I really didn’t have an option but I lucked out because it’s my best friend’s family firm. My previous firm strung me along and then low balled me with $50k salary while the relationship with my boss had become very onesidely toxic. So it was time. 

Where I am at now is much better on salary, benefits, training, administration and experience. Plus, the partners treat associates like inexperienced equals that the firm wants to invest in for the future. Just train them up and get them experience. 

• Like 3

On 3/31/2023 at 9:55 AM, I_M4_AU said:

This is close to hush money that was negotiated by his lawyers:

Clinton denies sexually harassing Jones and has claimed she was motivated by money. Her suit was dismissed, but she appealed. Clinton paid her $850,000 in November 1998 to settle the suit.

https://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132345&page=1

let us not forget the repukes PAID her and others to show up and testify against bill. yall made him go on national television to embarrass him. i am not saying bill was not guilty i am saying the bad look everyone keeps talking about with trump was done long ago.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

I’m downtown Longview for now, it was just temporary but has the potential to be permanent. We are seriously considering it. The lower cost of living would seriously help with my school loans 

That'd be nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

let us not forget the repukes PAID her

What?  Do you have a link to this accusation?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

What?  Do you have a link to this accusation?

so you think i kept a link from the nineties or was it eighties? i will look but it was huge news. and i am back and cannot find anything. they were paid for travel, eats, and a bunch of other stuff. at the time it was not considered normal. maybe someone that can google better than i can might find something. i stand by what i said,period. and i did try. all i got was the 850000 jones got. and by the way she says BOTH side used her. i can post you that if you want.

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you think i kept a link from the nineties or was it eighties? i will look but it was huge news. and i am back and cannot find anything. they were paid for travel, eats, and a bunch of other stuff. at the time it was not considered normal. maybe someone that can google better than i can might find something. i stand by what i said,period. and i did try. all i got was the 850000 jones got. and by the way she says BOTH side used her. i can post you that if you want.

No, I know Jones got the $850,000 from Bill.  Trump at $130,000 was a better deal; I guess that’s why Trump wrote “The Art of the Deal”.  :poke:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I know Jones got the $850,000 from Bill.  Trump at $130,000 was a better deal; I guess that’s why Trump wrote “The Art of the Deal”.  :poke:

i thought jones was ugly so trump had better taste on looks as well. trump should have stuck with that playboy bunny. now that was a good looking woman.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Didba said:

Breach of contract against insurance companies and general torts litigation. Plaintiff side. 

I really didn’t have an option but I lucked out because it’s my best friend’s family firm. My previous firm strung me along and then low balled me with $50k salary while the relationship with my boss had become very onesidely toxic. So it was time. 

Where I am at now is much better on salary, benefits, training, administration and experience. Plus, the partners treat associates like inexperienced equals that the firm wants to invest in for the future. Just train them up and get them experience. 

Where were you before? Austin?

On 4/2/2023 at 8:01 AM, DKW 86 said:

Funny how he holds the Ambassador to Australia to a higher standard than POTUS. She’s unqualified because she didn’t want to sit by Dershowitz at a party, but the President can incite an insurrection.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/united-states/she-fails-that-standard-united-states-ambassador-to-australia-caroline-kennedy-criticised-by-lawyer-alan-dershowitz/news-story/4217e9631908c66b60549744ac2a8837

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Where were you before? Austin?

Downtown Houston. 

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Downtown Houston. 

A question for you and any other legitimate legal person here. Did Alvin Bragg violate Trump's 6th Amendment right by not specifying the underlying crime in the felony charge. The 6th says a criminal defendant must be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation, etc. Bragg has refused to specify the crime and even says he doesn't have to under NY law.

• Like 1