Jalen Carter body cam crash interview

bigbird

Interesting.  Cop did a good job trying to verify the story with the quick and repeated questioning.  

The cop had him when he admitted he was in the left lane and behind the other car.  The fact Carter ended up on the same side of the downed power line as the crash victims indicated they were a lot closer to the car than Carter wanted to admit.

12 months probation seems to be a little light for an accident involving fatalities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The cop had him when he admitted he was in the left lane and behind the other car.  The fact Carter ended up on the same side of the downed power line as the crash victims indicated they were a lot closer to the car than Carter wanted to admit.

12 months probation seems to be a little light for an accident involving fatalities.

It takes at least 2 to do something stupid and illegal like street racing. The driver of the SUV rented by the school paid with her life.  I’m not sure putting the other driver in jail is of any value.  

7 minutes ago, cptau said:

It takes at least 2 to do something stupid and illegal like street racing. The driver of the SUV rented by the school paid with her life.  I’m not sure putting the other driver in jail is of any value.  

It’s called a deterrent.  12 months probation while going about your life and making millions in the NFL is not a deterrent.  Which is better for society as a whole?  Do you think Carter didn’t have any culpability in this?

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s called a deterrent.  12 months probation while going about your life and making millions in the NFL is not a deterrent.  Which is better for society as a whole?  Do you think Carter didn’t have any culpability in this?

Carter is as guilty of the 2 misdemeanors as the dead woman who drove the SUV.  That said,  she wrecked and killed herself and one passenger while she was under the influence of alcohol.  Carter was charged with reckless driving and racing misdemeanors that have fines up to $1000 and 12 months in jail.  I would have loaded him up with community service and suspended sentence.  I’m not sure he lost his driver’s license, but should have. He was ticketed in Athens in Sept for doing 95 mph.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cptau said:

Carter is as guilty of the 2 misdemeanors as the dead woman who drove the SUV.  That said,  she wrecked and killed herself and one passenger while she was under the influence of alcohol.  Carter was charged with reckless driving and racing misdemeanors that have fines up to $1000 and 12 months in jail.  I would have loaded him up with community service and suspended sentence.  I’m not sure he lost his driver’s license, but should have. He was ticketed in Athens in Sept for doing 95 mph.  

With him being who he is, community service would have worked wonders for the community.