UGA fund raising

alexgreatau

However, this duplicitous organization wouldn't allow a group of Georgia football fans to raise $2,700 to fly a player's father -- a soldier -- home from Iraq for the weekend to watch him play the season opener against Boise State. Oh, by the way, the player is on the Boise State team but the NCAA said the Georgia fans would qualify as Boise State boosters if they paid the freight. Go figure

This, of course, is a quote on Finebaum's latest column. You've got to be kidding me? The NCAA wouldn't allow UGA fans to raise money for a father in Iraq to fly home one weekend and watch his son play for Boise State, a separate institution from UGA? This is an absolute joke! Have you heard about this story Slink?

I always knew that I despised Miles Brand and the NCAA, but this goes beyond the bounds of human decency here. This goes straight to my point that the NCAA is not a college athletic association, but a National Communist Athletic Association. That's a more appropriate name for this institution. Karl Marx would be so proud of Miles Brand and his cronies.

Then again, this is the same idiot who fired the greatest college basketball coach in history from Indiana for telling a student not to address him by his last name only.

Now, a father serving his country honorably in Iraq can't take a weekend off and go watch his son play football at the expense of some kind and generous UGA fans. I don't know about you, but that just makes me sick.

I've done a complete 180 with the NCAA. Maybe Gallion and the UAT nation had a legitimite point after all.

This may be past some of your time here, but do any of you remember when Greg Pratt died tragically during a practice before the 1983 season? Auburn University was going to rent a bus for all the players to attend his funeral but the NCAA said no. Pat Dye and AU rented the bus anyway.

Alex :sec::au:

The President ought to make Miles Brand take that dad's from Boise State place in Iraq while he goes to Athens. I'd buy the car in Iraq to use to have a Miles Brand car bombing on his "tour" of duty.

Archived