Selling a veterinary clinic…help

TigerPAC

My father in law, early 70s AU grad, is trying to sell his self-made old school vet practice of 40 years in Mobile.  In short, not a good time or process so far.  Just a shot in the dark…… but ANYONE know other vets/ppl/etc that may be interested in talking???  He is ready to retire but doesn’t want to “give it away”, as I wouldn’t either.  Thanks all and WDE

Sorry to hear about your father in law situation. If its similar to dental practices usually would have brought on a newly grad. Vet who's interested in buying the practice and has finance set up, also there may be a specialized company who handles nothing but Vet resale practices which handles financing and equipment. Last and it would be the worst case could possibility sale to a corporate Vet company. 

This is how it works with dental practices I know there is many more dental then Vet practices. Money is tight atm especially for young Vet Dr's just out of school.

Best of luck to him I know he loved his Vet practice and would finally like to enjoy some retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sorry to hear about your father in law situation. If its similar to dental practices usually would have brought on a newly grad. Vet who's interested in buying the practice and has finance set up, also there may be a specialized company who handles nothing but Vet resale practices which handles financing and equipment. Last and it would be the worst case could possibility sale to a corporate Vet company. 

This is how it works with dental practices I know there is many more dental then Vet practices. Money is tight atm especially for young Vet Dr's just out of school.

Best of luck to him I know he loved his Vet practice and would finally like to enjoy some retirement.

Another example of why there should be a "Ask Golf" thread somewhere on this board.  We are letting over a century of learning, experience, wisdom go to waste doing nothing more than keeping Bird in check.

The gold nuggets of Golf wisdom are just lying on the ground, just waiting for us to pick them up.  We have a national treasure, an untapped resource.  We just take him for granted.

@augolf1716he has 1 corporate company offer a good deal, only for the corp to back out the week before signing.  he would prefer a newer, younger vet to step and take over an already successful practice but cannot find one willing.  he tells me:  newer vets prefer to be more specialized than in the past and don't want to do primary care OR they just don't want their own headache and want to work for someone else.  

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

@augolf1716he has 1 corporate company offer a good deal, only for the corp to back out the week before signing.  he would prefer a newer, younger vet to step and take over an already successful practice but cannot find one willing.  he tells me:  newer vets prefer to be more specialized than in the past and don't want to do primary care OR they just don't want their own headache and want to work for someone else.  

Sound similar to dental. We have a friend in Jacksonville Fl whose son and daughter, son grad of AU Vet and daughter grad of UF Vet, both are specializing. Just the way of the world I guess. I wish the best of luck to your Father In Law I know he has worked hard to make a successful practice and would want it to continue 

• Thanks 1