Today your starter would be…

gr82b4au

I’d trade series between RA and Holden against UMass and possibly against Cal until one showed they were the better guy.

Something to remember is that 14 practices with a brand new coaching staff isn’t going to produce a change.  It’s gonna take those practices, the summer “workouts”, the fall practices, and probably even the first couple weeks of the season to make a real difference in the play of the guys Auburn has.  Rely on the running game and don’t throw it 40 times.  

Edit to add if the light was starting to come on for Holden hopefully it’ll get brighter the more reps he gets with the receivers the next 4 months.  If not run the zone read with Robbie, Jarquez, and Alston and let him take the top off the defense to Cam Brown or whoever every so often.

Edited by Win4AU

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

If not run the zone read with Robbie, Jarquez, and Alston and let him take the top off the defense to Cam Brown or whoever every so often

Sounds like a losing recipe 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

If we have the OLine to make it happen, and if Ashford and RBs are naturally gifted with the vision required, and the hands, the zone read would be just so magical with those athletes.  That’s a LOT of ifs.  LOl.  That’s my favorite O to watch.  Wear them down and exhaust them plus it’s so wonderfully demoralizing!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 4:50 PM, MaitlandTiger said:

If we have the OLine to make it happen, and if Ashford and RBs are naturally gifted with the vision required, and the hands, the zone read would be just so magical with those athletes.  That’s a LOT of ifs.  LOl.  That’s my favorite O to watch.  Wear them down and exhaust them plus it’s so wonderfully demoralizing!

I actually hate that O because it is extremely limited unless you have the perfect pieces and even then you got to catch lucky breaks. Might as well run a triple option. But different strokes for different folks!

• Like 2

I cant wait to see the marrying of an offensive philosophy to a QB who can execute said philosophy.  Been a long time coming at AU. To be able to see us complete a pass in the Red zone for a 1st down is gonna be glorious 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I cant wait to see the marrying of an offensive philosophy to a QB who can execute said philosophy.  Been a long time coming at AU. To be able to see us complete a pass in the Red zone for a 1st down is gonna be glorious 

How are we going to get quality kickers if we are scoring a bunch of touchdowns?

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

How are we going to get quality kickers if we are scoring a bunch of touchdowns?

Well, u got a point. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

...Thorpe starting for Auburn this fall.

Jim Thorpe?  I'm pretty sure that will not happen.

Again, we will see. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Jim Thorpe?  I'm pretty sure that will not happen.

Again, we will see. 

Sorry, Thorne.  But yes, you will see him as the starter this fall.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Sorry, Thorne.  But yes, you will see him as the starter this fall.

Wouldn't you like to see him practice at least a couple of times? 

I understand your comment.  Still, if other factors haven't changed,,, I wouldn't be so sure.  And, starting and, remaining starter are different.

I think we were an 8 win team and, are still an 8 win team unless, we have dramatically improved across the offensive line.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Wouldn't you like to see him practice at least a couple of times? 

I understand your comment.  Still, if other factors haven't changed,,, I wouldn't be so sure.  And, starting and, remaining starter are different.

I think we were an 8 win team and, are still an 8 win team unless, we have dramatically improved across the offensive line.

I do think we're much better on the offensive line already.

I've watched him play live football.  I've seen breakdowns of every throw he made in a couple of games, with analysis.  He's a significant upgrade to anything we had in the room, even before Finley left.

Barring injury, he's QB1, period.

• Like 1

Mane Eazy says Robby so it won’t be Robby.  That dude is currently like 0-100 in who he backs.  

Is it too late to change my vote? I still hope Robby can contribute in some way. I like his ability and his willingness to be a team player. Great attitude.