Bigbird Son's Fundraiser Results and Thanks

einatlanta

bummer...............Bird wears pink eye shadow. grins

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bummer...............Bird wears pink eye shadow. grins

The brighter and more colorful the plumage, the more attracted the females of the species are.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 6:06 PM, einatlanta said:

The fundraiser is officially closed for Bigbird's Son. The outpouring from this site was pretty damn awesome! Thanks to all who were able to donate. 

Here are the totals and War Eagle to Bird and his son:

Screenshot_20230505-165617.png.ee4d954493e7a0fb20e22e932a6a8ef6.png

Brisket at Bird's house!!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Brisket at Bird's house!!

You come and I'll cook

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Am I invited??? 

Yes, and bring your rifle to do some plinking.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Washington DC 20500

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes, and bring your rifle to do some plinking.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Washington DC 20500

Let us know when you hear that inevitable knock at your door. 😝 

Videotape of you in cuffs would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Just a bit of an update for everyone.

James was able to get up a couple of days ago and started moving around using his walker. This morning he is up moving around without any assistance.  He says he's still pretty sore but the mobility is coming back quickly. Hopefully by Monday we're close to 100%.

Also...

James uses music for both therapy and coping. He's a natural at piano and can play any song he has heard. It's amazing! He has been wanting an 88-key keyboard he can have in his room for when he's hurt or frustrated (Our piano isn't very mobile). 

He is excited at the possibility of being able to get one.  He's researched a few and we have plans to try some out at a music store here in town when he's ready.  It's neat seeing him excited and hopeful. Thank you again, everyone...for everything!

Yes!!! That'd be a great way to use the money for a birthday gift!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

James was able to get up a couple of days ago and started moving around using his walker. This morning he is up moving around without any assistance.  He says he's still pretty sore but the mobility is coming back quickly. Hopefully by Monday we're close to 100%.

Also...

James uses music for both therapy and coping. He's a natural at piano and can play any song he has heard. It's amazing! He has been wanting an 88-key keyboard he can have in his room for when he's hurt or frustrated (Our piano isn't very mobile). 

He is excited at the possibility of being able to get one.  He's researched a few and we have plans to try some out at a music store here in town when he's ready.  It's neat seeing him excited and hopeful. Thank you again, everyone...for everything!

James should totally write an AUFam song.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

James should totally write an AUFam song.

I'll tell him

• Love 2

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Also...

i get the therapy and copying as it did the same for me. tell big shooter bono said in his latest book that all his songs were prayers to god. music can heal a weary soul. if he can find a roland? it has been a minute but i believe you can get a good one for a grand or less. but omg they are so sweet. other musicians might have some ideas just in case you are not sure. if he got one with a built in recorder he can write his own stuff.

• Thanks 1

Set back...

Developed a calf bleed last night. Opposite leg as the hip which makes me think his hobbling/limping was the cause... back in the recliner.

dory-marlin.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Set back...

Developed a calf bleed last night. Opposite leg as the hip which makes me think his hobbling/limping was the cause... back in the recliner.

dory-marlin.gif

Stay strong Bird! Sending a prayer for you two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Set back...

dory-marlin.gif

Well just damn it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well just damn it

Pretty much what I said too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Pretty much what I said too

Bird, I know your faith is strong and if you could you would take on all of James' troubles.   I also know it is hard for him to deal with a setback like this.   Tell him we love him even more, and while God's plan is often difficult to comprehend, it is the perfect plan.   There are better days ahead my friend!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow bout all I can say...............

I do have one complaint where is the damn Auburn stuff nothing orange and blue. At least a picture or mug anything................

God I hope he plays that as loud as hell......

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow bout all I can say...............

I do have one complaint where is the damn Auburn stuff nothing orange and blue. At least a picture or mug anything................

God I hope he plays that as loud as hell......

Yea I hope he just plays the first few notes of Doe a Deer until Bird has to check into the insane asylum. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea I hope he just plays the first few notes of Doe a Deer until Bird has to check into the insane asylum. 

Actually I pray its Helter Skelter 

• Haha 1