Stanley McClover

Ryan Sanders

When is he coming back? All this time off is worrying me.. I figure he won't be back untill late next week, just from what his injury is.... is that enough time for him to get ready for GT?

The Predator doesnt need "prep. time" to get ready. The Predator needs fresh blood. Thats all there needs to be said about that. :big:

They all need to get healthy. these nagging injuries we are piling up are really going to show come sep. 3 with a new defensive coordinator and all. grizzly adams did have a beard

Guys, a frined of ours who knows these things assures AUN that all is well.

Do not worry. I kind of think that CTT might be sandbagging a bit.

On a positive note, Booker & Field are getting some quality time running plays with the #1 offense due to Cox's sore arm. I'm one of those guys who like to see the depth chart fully utilized. You never know what might happen during the season injury-wise. Rather than falling back on a convenient but tired excuse of having to use our #2 & #3 QB, I'd much rather see them run the offense with efficiency if an injury to the starter thrusts them into action. :big::au: WDE

They all need to get healthy.  these nagging injuries we are piling up are really going to show come sep. 3 ...

174666[/snapback]

That's why CTT has said no more full speed scrimmages after Saturday (and not even then if J-H is wet).

Don't know quiet. The quote I read from CTT is:

"It's about the speed of the game," Tuberville said. "We want our offense to see the speed in practice like it's going to be in the game. I grew up under two guys - Jimmy Johnson and Larry Lacewell - who taught me that, hey, you can't get better going half speed. You go full speed all the time."

Don't know quiet.  The quote I read from CTT is:

"It's about the speed of the game," Tuberville said. "We want our offense to see the speed in practice like it's going to be in the game. I grew up under two guys - Jimmy Johnson and Larry Lacewell - who taught me that, hey, you can't get better going half speed. You go full speed all the time."

174702[/snapback]

Yes, I read that. Later in the Huntsville Times article [http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/11243567136150.xml&coll=1 ], it say:

After taking Wednesday off for the first day of classes, Auburn players will be back on the practice field this afternoon. It looks increasingly doubtful that they will have another full-scale scrimmage. Tuberville said they would only hold scrimmages at Jordan-Hare Stadium, where frequent afternoon thunderstorms have left the field wet.

"I'm not going to do one anywhere but the stadium," Tuberville said. "If it continues to rain, we can't get in there. If we don't get it done by Saturday, we're not going to do it. Two weeks before the game is my limit."

Another link:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/mobilereg...6160.xml&coll=3

AU eases back

With two-a-days over, Tuberville wants Tigers to get fresh legs for opener but important questions remain

AUBURN -- After a bruising beginning to preseason camp, the start of school could signal a much more leisurely final two weeks for Auburn's football team.

The Tigers were off on Wednesday so players could concentrate on the first day of class. There will be more off days to come; Auburn has 16 days left until the Sept. 3 opener against Georgia Tech, but only 12 practice sessions remaining.

Because Auburn started fall camp earlier than most other schools, much of the tough stuff is already over. The two-a-days are finished, and coach Tommy Tuberville plans no full-contact scrimmages after this week.

Players need the time to recover their legs after a series of sweltering, rigorous practices on the university's intramural fields.

Guess he'll still be running 1 against 1, just not in a full contact, scrimmage-style situation.

It is the nature of a hamstring injury also, they just take longer to heal up, so as not to re-injure. Like with Cox's arm, give an extra a day or two for precautions sake, only assures they will be healthly and the 2nd and 3rd team guys get some very valuable practice time.

It is the nature of a hamstring injury also, they just take longer to heal up, so as not to re-injure.  Like with Cox's arm,  give an extra a day or two for precautions sake, only assures they will be healthly and the 2nd and 3rd team guys get some very valuable practice time.

174714[/snapback]

I played softball until I was 50. I never even knew what a hamstring was until I pulled my first one, running from 1st to 2nd, when I was THIRTY-SEVEN years old. Felt like I'd been shot in the leg with a rifle!!! Sometimes they never heal completely, it seems. But The Predator is young...hope he won't have my problems. Hammies are frustrating and devastating.

:au::homer:

It is the nature of a hamstring injury also, they just take longer to heal up, so as not to re-injure.  Like with Cox's arm,  give an extra a day or two for precautions sake, only assures they will be healthly and the 2nd and 3rd team guys get some very valuable practice time.

174714[/snapback]

I played softball until I was 50. I never even knew what a hamstring was until I pulled my first one, running from 1st to 2nd, when I was THIRTY-SEVEN years old. Felt like I'd been shot in the leg with a rifle!!! Sometimes they never heal completely, it seems. But The Predator is young...hope he won't have my problems. Hammies are frustrating and devastating.

:au::homer:

174726[/snapback]

I did the same thing playing softball a few years ago. Man that's does hurt and takes a long time to heal completely. I'm glad they aren't pushing McGlover.

Archived