Baseball vs Mizzou

Enjoying this one from Plainsman Park. Overcast afternoon and a bit cooler than lately. Hopefully keep the thunder storms from building up. Flag in centerfield blowing little if any.

• Like 2

3-0 good guys in the bottom of 8!!!   Bryson and Ike with solo shots and Chris had an rbi single.   Allsup threw 7 innings and heave e up just 3 hits,  struck out 7.

Tigers win 4-0.    Great pitching today and we only used Allsup and Bauman.    2 true freshman had 3 of our 4 RBIs.   If we get one more W, we should probably get a host site.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Slight crowd here for 2:00 pitch. Expect that to change.

Salty, give us a game 2 crowd update please sir...

• Like 1

I looked back at Mizzou's schedule.   They have been hot and cold this year.    Week 1 they sweep Tennessee.    They then got swept in either 2 or 3 of their next series.   $ times they have been swept.   2 weeks ago they took 2 out of 3 from Ole Sis and last week they swept UGA.   Just makes you appreciate CBT's steady and controlled improvement over this season.   We are 8-2 in our last 10. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Massive game 1 win! Tommy pitching game 2 is a beautiful thing

Except he ain’t. Apparently he has a stomach bug. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Looks like it will be Copeland. 

47 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Salty, give us a game 2 crowd update please sir...

Back home for game 2. Crowd was great by the close of game 1. Great game to be in the stands with no western sun bearing down or to stare into. Minute I noted the ball was “heavy today” we get to dingers. Eagle flying again and game 2 crowd will be rowdy.

Connor is great through 4

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Back home for game 2. Crowd was great by the close of game 1. Great game to be in the stands with no western sun bearing down or to stare into. Minute I noted the ball was “heavy today” we get to dingers. Eagle flying again and game 2 crowd will be rowdy.

Salty, thanks for the updates.   Speaking of Eagle flights, and 3rd Gen and AEGirl and others please forgive me, but has anyone else noticed how strikingly cute the young woman is who shows off the eagle.   She has a bright smile and genuinely looks happy to be there.    AU has the cutest and sweetest girls!!!!! 

7-2 good guys bottom of 7.   Bryson joined the 20 and 21 club today!!!!   CBT stuck by this young man when he was awful last year and now he is playing his way into a multi million $$$$ K.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Salty, thanks for the updates.   Speaking of Eagle flights, and 3rd Gen and AEGirl and others please forgive me, but has anyone else noticed how strikingly cute the young woman is who shows off the eagle.   She has a bright smile and genuinely looks happy to be there.    AU has the cutest and sweetest girls!!!!! 

Had my picture plus granddaughter and Mrs. Salty taken with her and retired Nova at the Marriott Grand National couple of weeks back. She is “strikingly” beautiful and happy. 

As we type 3 outs away from winning or 5th straight SEC series.

• Like 1