Baseball vs Mizzou

Blue I looked it up.  Because So Car had a game against LSU canceled, if they get their 17th win they will have a higher winning percentage and would get the 5 seed.

What a game.  As Mark Fuller said on the broadcast, this team always believes they're going to win so they never get down and give up...they find a way.  So glad they did it on Senior Day.  This is one of my all-time favorite Auburn teams in any sport.  I hope they win it all.

Edited by Golden Eagle
  • Like 2

I think I have shared before that I was blessed to get to travel with the team to Fayetteville, stay at the team hotel, go to the Thursday night practice,  eat breakfast with the players each morning, go to Chapel with them Sunday morning (yes that was an option, and I believe EVERY SINGLE PLAYER was there) and just be around these kids for a long period of time.   I wish all of our fans could have the same opportunity and see first hand just how good these "kids" are simply as people -- see how they showed respect to all of the hotel staff, respect to all of the AU staff and each of us who got to travel with them.   Arky beat us all 3 games so these "kids" had every reason to be on their worst behavior.  If everyone could spend that kind of time with these kids, it would be one of everyone's all-time favorite Auburn teams... 

6 minutes ago, Golden Eagle said:

What a game.  As Mark Fuller said on the broadcast, this team always believes they're going to win so they never get down and give up...they find a way.  So glad they did it on Senior Day.  This is one of my all-time favorite Auburn teams in any sport.  I hope they win it all.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

From Twitter with possible opponents listed:

Auburn is either the 5th or 6th seed in the SEC Tournament. If Tenn beats South Carolina in the second DH game, Auburn's the 5th seed against Mizzou. If South Carolina wins, Auburn's the 6th seed against Georgia.

LSU is locked in at 3 (19-10)

Vandy is locked in at the 4 (19-11)

I am thinking I like 12-Mizzou, 4-Vandy, 1-Florida if we make a run from the 5 spot

Vs.

11-UGA, 3-LSU, 2-Arky if we are the 6

Edited by BigBlueWDE

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

This gives us 17 conference wins. Should be good enough to host a regional but who knows? There are a lot of SEC teams with 16 or more wins this season and the NCAA isn't going to give the SEC half of the slots. Hope for the best and don't be shocked if we get short changed again.

Hi my account, there are only five of us that have 17 conference wins and that should be enough to host. I believe winning at least a couple of games in the SEC tournament would be enough but like you said who knows anytime I watch the SEC network they are gushing over the same for teams, Florida, Arkansas, LSU, and South Carolina.

• Like 1

What makes this sweep even better is we did it with our top pitcher (Luckily just some stomach ailment) out for the series. We won 1st 2 games with pitching and timely offense and third game with offense which means that we are not one dimensional. We have a great coach and this year's team may be the best job he has ever done overcoming so much to be so good when it counts down the SEC home stretch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hi my account, there are only five of us that have 17 conference wins and that should be enough to host. I believe winning at least a couple of games in the SEC tournament would be enough but like you said who knows anytime I watch the SEC network they are gushing over the same for teams, Florida, Arkansas, LSU, and South Carolina.

At the midway point I want to say we were like 5-10. Would say I can’t believe it but that would not be true.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Butch Thompson recaps sweep of Missouri

Nice win for AU in the first round of the SEC tournament.

9th straight SEC win in a row.

Final 10-4.

Need to be a bit tighter against Vandy!

WDE!

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 5

I felt the 9 o'clock start was a problem early.    We didn't begin with a lot of emotion.   As the game wore on our guys got more into it.   I didn't have a great angle behind the plate but I felt the home plate ump hurt us several times with called strikes.   He seemed really inconsistent.   Our entire lineup except the 8 hole got hits tonight.   Stansfield, Foster and Irish with multiple hits.   The two true freshman had great approaches both of them hitting multiple balls oppo.    I'm not sure wh had the highest exit veto tonight between Foster's HR, Pierce's ball over the CF's head, McMurray's laser and Bryson's HR.   Considering how heavy the air was... those balls were blasted.   We are the hottest team in baseball with 9 straight wins in the toughest league in the nation.   I think we definitely host now and if we win tomorrow w may be a top 8 seed.   War Eagle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1