Tommy Tuberville's brother speaks out

AURex

2 hours ago, alexava said:

This could be serious or could be heavily edited to sound serious. At any rate you got a single person or 2 running his mouth in what was a private conversation. Not indicating a national security threat. 

Like the threat caused by Timothy McVeigh? You know, the Army veteran who massacred almost 270 Americans. And ‘could be’ serious for a Sheriff with a gun and badge to be talking about the good ole days when you could lynch blacks? Could be a singe person? It wasn’t. He was having the discussion with several of his townsmen, so it was by definition plural. I don’t pretend that white supremacist and racists are prevalent but good lord please don’t try to spin them as rare exceptions. The data says otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Nobody ever actually sees" ?  :rolleyes:

United States

tenor.gif?itemid=12598832

Thanks for sharing this. Of course you can get ready for the conversation to be redirected to “that’s fake news” or “liberal media propaganda”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

People from Alabama/Mississippi have never seen any racism or, any racists.

Just like the rest of the world. 🤪

20 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I hope some of you watched this.  You may not be militia members but,,, you seem to share many of the same thoughts/beliefs.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, icanthearyou said:

Man, these fools have the time and money to play "army" in the woods with live ammunition?  What an expensive - and ridiculous - hobby. :no:

Is this a great country or what?  ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Man, these fools have the time and money to play "army" in the woods with live ammunition?  What an expensive - ridiculous - hobby. :no:

Is this a great country or what?  ;D

I am more concerned with the proliferation of a common ignorance.  It is like some sort of infection.

Funny how much of it is tied to a "southern" identity.  We have allowed the history of the confederacy to be so subjective that,,, we now have people who believe there is some defensible "heritage" in that whole inhumane, terrorist, fascist, treasonous endeavor.  Even in the less ignorant community, the argument of "states rights" still thinly veils the actual motivations, intentions.

• Thanks 2

On 6/2/2023 at 9:44 PM, Cardin Drake said:

The senator’s office then said in a statement to AL.com that Tuberville’s quote “shows that he was being skeptical of the notion that there are white nationalists in the military, not that he believes they should be in the military.”

Tubs isn't stupid; this is clearly what he meant. He certainly could have put it better.

I don't know if Tubs is "stupid" or not a general sense, but I do think he's uninformed and uneducated about how government and American society in general works. He's a lifetime football coach that got taken in by a scammer when he tried to to get involved in business deals. Tubs completely unqualified to be anyone of consequence in Washington DC, and it's embarrassing for Alabama that we elected him as our 'senior' senator. 

Tubby might need to stop giving live/recorded interviews and just release everything he has to say in written press releases because he seems to "mis-speak" and not say what he really 'means' way too often.  

On 6/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, alexava said:

I don’t think anyone here is going to defend Tuberville from being a dumbass. But these words are being twisted and a false narrative is being spread. 

No words are being twisted. We're interpreting his words literally as they were spoken. Tuberville's press office is claiming that what he said isn't what he meant, but if that's true then that's Tuberville's fault for not (1). saying what he meant to say correctly in the first place (something Tuberville seems to have trouble with very often) and then (2.) not following up/clarifying his words in the interview when he had the chance, and making his PR office defend him later on. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:51 AM, alexava said:

If anyone watched the fbi whistle blowers house hearings, we know FBI brass gets bonus points for opening up investigations. That’s where these ridiculous numbers of white supremacists running around the country ( that nobody ever actually sees) comes from. 

FBI and military says white supremacists and racism is a problem in America and the military. 

I'll take their reports and words over Republicans claiming without evidence that they are making it all up or that it's all a  big conspiracy from the "Deep State". 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, icanthearyou said:

I hope some of you watched this.  You may not be militia members but,,, you seem to share many of the same thoughts/beliefs.

Watched some / most of it.   Apparently not a racist group - according to the black member that was interviewed about 8:30-9:45 or so.  Or was there something else you were pointing out that I missed?

Homer it took enough people to fly planes into buildings that we waged a war across continents for two decades....

On 6/6/2023 at 11:08 PM, alexava said:

Homer it took enough people to fly planes into buildings that we waged a war across continents for two decades....

That makes no sense.  I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

That makes no sense.  I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

I can’t help you with that.