2024 3* OT Kahlil House Picks Stanford

toddc

47 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Kid has NFL potential. If he wants to maximize his chances, he should still come to Auburn and play in the SEC. Value of that dwarfs the value of his Stanford degree.

Pac 12 football is still big time football. You’re making it seem like Stanford is D3

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Pac 12 football is still big time football. You’re making it seem like Stanford is D3

Stanford degree is a sure thing NFL is not plus if that good he will get drated from Stanford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gctiger said:

It's a tough break but it's hard to blame any kid for wanting to go to Stanford.

Pretty much how I feel about this.

But hey, this isn't over until pen hits paper! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

THIS^^^^^

Stanford and Auburn each had 5 NFL draft picks this year. 

Since the year 2000 Auburn has had 76 players taken and Stanford has had 74. Lol. 

We aren't as "elite" as we like to think we are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Perhaps. But we can't make a habit of losing kids to Stanford

Since the year 2000 Auburn has had 76 players taken and Stanford has had 74. Lol. 

Average salary of a Stanford grad ten years, graduates earn $122,900 on average.

Average salary of an Auburn grad after ten years, graduates earn $54,100 on average.

STANFORD should NEVER EVER make it a habit to lose anyone to Auburn that it wants. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's true.  Ppl don't want to admit it.  We should be better, but we always find a way to screw ourselves over

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

THIS^^^^^

Stanford is better than what most people think.  They were absolutely cooking from 2010-2016. They've dropped off though.

• Haven't been ranked since 2019
  • Haven't won a bowl since 2018
  • Last double digit win season was 2016

Stanford vs Auburn debate depends on the individual. Both can get you to the NFL. If you're serious about Playoff appearances, then you should go to Auburn. Stanford needs everything to line up right to make a run like that. Those academic heavy first schools have depth issues (we do too I know).

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

Stanford is better than what most people think.  They were absolutely cooking from 2010-2016. They've dropped off though.

Stanford vs Auburn debate depends on the individual. Both can get you to the NFL. If you're serious about Playoff appearances, then you should go to Auburn. Stanford needs everything to line up right to make a run like that. Those academic heavy first schools have depth issues (we do too I know).

I get what you're saying, but if we are being very very real about the reality of this all, Auburn historically also needs the planets to line up pretty perfectly for us to make a run. The only difference is they lined up for us a few times recently. But getting Cam Newton and The Kick Six/Miracle at JH was everything lining up perfectly. Lol

Note:

Our last bowl win was Music City massacre in 2018.

And though we have been ranked more recently, we haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 since before Gus got fired.

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Perhaps. But we can't make a habit of losing kids to Stanford

Then we may need to invest in NIL for top professors. 😁

Edited by HAPvsOA

30 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Average salary of a Stanford grad ten years, graduates earn $122,900 on average.

Average salary of an Auburn grad after ten years, graduates earn $54,100 on average.

STANFORD should NEVER EVER make it a habit to lose anyone to Auburn that it wants. 

It's alot deeper discussion than that

But as a general rule, we should win out over Stanford. I wonder what your analysis would say uf you inserted Vandy for Stanford?

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's alot deeper discussion than that

But as a general rule, we should win out over Stanford. I wonder what your analysis would say uf you inserted Vandy for Stanford?

It wouldn't work for Vandy because they have only drafted 28 people since 2000. The point of the post is we see ourselves on the pedistool looking down on Stanford, but their football program offers just as much NFL opportunity and the school is WAY better. 

Also, please do take note of the fact that Stanford is the #1 rated athletic institution in the country. Auburn is #88.

https://www.ncsasports.org/best-colleges/best-college-athletic-programs

Edited by AuCivilEng1

43 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

THIS^^^^^

That makes Stanford even more impressive tbh because they can’t take as many recruits as we can. There’s only a select few they can take and they still have as many draft picks we do the past 20 years.

Some Auburn fans need to wake up and realize Auburn and the SEC ain’t the end all be all 

Just now, Sizzle said:

That makes Stanford even more impressive tbh because they can’t take as many recruits as we can. There’s only a select few they can take and they still have as many draft picks we do the past 20 years.

Some Auburn fans need to wake up and realize Auburn and the SEC ain’t the end all be all 

We aren't. I love Auburn and always will, but Stanford is just athletically and academically a superior institution. That's just the cold hard truth. We tend to have this elitist mindset when it comes to football, because we are in the SEC. But to be honest, other programs are elevating the SEC's status on a way higher level than Auburn is. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I get what you're saying, but if we are being very very real about the reality of this all, Auburn historically also needs the planets to line up pretty perfectly for us to make a run. The only difference is they lined up for us a few times recently. But getting Cam Newton and The Kick Six/Miracle at JH was everything lining up perfectly. Lol

Note:

Our last bowl win was Music City massacre in 2018.

And though we have been ranked more recently, we haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 since before Gus got fired.

We didn't need any luck in 2017. 

That last stat doesn't really make any sense. So we never finished ranked in 2 seasons with Harsin? 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It wouldn't work for Vandy because they have only drafted 28 people since 2000. The point of the post is we see ourselves on the pedistool looking down on Stanford, but their football program offers just as much NFL opportunity and the school is WAY better. 

Also, please do take note of the fact that Stanford is the #1 rated athletic institution in the country. Auburn is #88.

https://www.ncsasports.org/best-colleges/best-college-athletic-programs

I'm not knocking a Stanford education.  But, I should rephrase my post. We should get to the point as a program where we don't lose recruiting battles to Stanford. Kinda like the  place big dogs in our conference are at.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

We should get to the point as a program where we don't lose recruiting battles to Stanford. Kinda like the big dogs in our conference do.

I agree with you there. But we have a long long way to go, to offer so much that a kid would give up that kind of opportunity to come play at Auburn. Bama and Georgia are there. 

5 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

We didn't need any luck in 2017. 

That last stat doesn't really make any sense. So we never finished ranked in 2 seasons with Harsin? 🤷‍♂️

What did we ACTUALLY get in 2017? Lol. We won the west. I'll concede that. We lost our bowl, we ended with 5 losses, and the two teams we hung our hat on beating played for the natty. 2017 was very fun, but it was all for nothing, tbh. Just another average Gus season, in the end. 

And yes, if we are knocking Stanford for not being ranked the last 3 years, its only fair to point out that this has been an absolutely awful last 3 years for Auburn football as well. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

41 minutes ago, woodford said:

Have we?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What did we ACTUALLY get in 2017? Lol. We won the west. I'll concede that. We lost our bowl, we ended with 5 losses, and the two teams we hung our hat on beating played for the natty. 2017 was very fun, but it was all for nothing, tbh. Just another average Gus season, in the end. 

And yes, if we are knocking Stanford for not being ranked the last 3 years, its only fair to point out that this has been an absolutely awful last 3 years for Auburn football as well. 

It was actually 4 total losses. 2 close losses during the regular season, on the road at Clemson (Cox snap-spinner anyone?) and LSU (Gus blew that one after we started out dominating).

The 3rd in the SECCG in Georgia's backyard. Hard to beat a team twice, especially after we curb stomped them in the regular season (and Kerryon got hurt against bama).

Anyway, it was a solid season, up until the end. 1 win away from the playoffs. 

The loss to UCF was after we really didn't have much left to play for. Carlton Davis sat that one out, and it was UCF's Super Bowl. They even claimed a natty "for beating the team that beat Alabama and Georgia" 🙄.

And yeah, 2 of the last 3 years were under Harsin. Those don't count! 🤣

Edited by yngwie1995

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree with you there. But we have a long long way to go, to offer so much that a kid would give up that kind of opportunity to come play at Auburn. Bama and Georgia are there. 

We don't have a "long way to go". The vast majority of the level of athletes that a football program such as Auburn will want to entice will have little interest in a "Stanford education". The Stanford effect entices a small segment of "top" football recruits per year; the rest of them (ie: the majority) think they're going to the NFL and will make millions - they aren't going to be choosing a school because they think they'll be working for the UN ten years from now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, metafour said:

We don't have a "long way to go". The vast majority of the level of athletes that a football program such as Auburn will want to entice will have little interest in a "Stanford education". The Stanford effect entices a small segment of "top" football recruits per year; the rest of them (ie: the majority) think they're going to the NFL and will make millions - they aren't going to be choosing a school because they think they'll be working for the UN ten years from now.

I disagree. If you take every student athlete who can get into Stanford and has the talent and build to be in the NFL and offer them Auburn vs Stanford, I would be willing to bet anything that we don't get the majority.

I have no clue if there is any documentation of this, and I don't even know how to find out. So I'm strictly just going off of opinion here. 

Auburn doesn't have any evidence to back up that it's significantly better for a football plater who is interested in going pro. So how would they even begin to make that pitch?

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I disagree. If you take every student athlete who can get into Stanford and has the talent and build to be in the NFL and offer them Auburn vs Stanford, I would be willing to bet anything that we don't get the majority.

I have no clue if there is any documentation of this, and I don't even know how to find out. So I'm strictly just going off of opinion here. 

Auburn doesn't have any evidence to back up that it's significantly better for a football plater who is interested in going pro. So how would they even begin to make that pitch?

He's been typing a while...this should a be a doozy.  Thoughts and prayers...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Kid has NFL potential. If he wants to maximize his chances, he should still come to Auburn and play in the SEC. Value of that dwarfs the value of his Stanford degree.

Plenty of Stanford o linemen make it to the NFL. More than from AU as of late April of this year. I wish House a great career. 

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/stanford/91901 

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/auburn/90061

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The mistake you are making is assuming that 4 and 5 star football recruits care that much about "academics". The vast majority don't, especially in the South where most of the talent resides. These are career athletes groomed by families who are certain an NFL future is in their cards.

Most of them can't get into Stanford because they have no interest in a career outside football. That's the point. 

Yes, there are some - and Stanford has been able to sway some 4-star talents away from traditional football powers using their educational pitch. But let's cut the crap here: of the Top 250 football recruits each year, what percentage do you think care so much about academics that they would make it a sticking point in their recruitment? Again, it's a small percentage.

Theoretically one can make the NFL out of anywhere. It happens every year. Stanford has an empty stadium and they're currently lost in a dying conference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not knocking a Stanford education.  But, I should rephrase my post. We should get to the point as a program where we don't lose recruiting battles to Stanford. Kinda like the  place big dogs in our conference are at.

We won't have to worry about many recruiting battles with Stanford in the first place because 99% of guys we recruit can't get into Stanford anyway 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2