2024 3* OT Kahlil House Picks Stanford

toddc

Stanford seems to be doing very Well for their standards in the recruiting trail with this new coach. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* OT Kahlil House Picks Stanford

“The education is amazing,” House said. “You can have whatever major you want and they’ll work around football. I don’t have to worry about my major getting in the way of football. They have ways of working around football whatever major you want. It’s beautiful… That played a big role for me. The education has always been a major point stressed by my parents. They wanted me to choose a place that would help me with football and off the field. They didn’t want me to go somewhere if I’m done playing I’d be stuck asking what I’m going to do with the rest of my life. I’m not going to be in the league for the rest of my life. I have to have something to do once I’m done playing football. This is a place where I can do that.”

not to rehash but yeah Stanford was going to get this dude. Looks like he wanted to major in cybersecurity. Good for him now that I got more context.

On 6/30/2023 at 9:28 AM, Auburn93 said:

Then, he is an average talent and there more of those to choose from?

@Auburn93 Staff thought a lot of him & didn't see him as an average talent. They were likely soured on how things went down with him.

• 1 month later...

On the PAC12 falling apart.

"Kahlil House said he’s “not really concerned” about the situation but he is paying attention while staying committed."

LINK

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 9:06 PM, Tigermike said:

On the PAC12 falling apart.

"Kahlil House said he’s “not really concerned” about the situation but he is paying attention while staying committed."

LINK

He just found out he'll be spending a lot of time on some long flights to the East coast. I wonder if he rethinks his decision now. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Tigers 'most consistent' in push for Stanford OL commit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

BeforeKahlil House took a trip to Stanford in the summer, Auburn was considered the school to beat.

However, House committed to the Cardinal shortly after his visit, but Auburn isn't backing down. The Tigers are still pushing hard for the offensive lineman out of Warner Robins, Ga., and hosted him for a visit Saturday.

"It was a very exciting game, everybody was super nice again," House said. "I never have a bad time at Auburn, it was another good visit."

House committed to Stanford in late June, a couple weeks removed from his official visit to Auburn. Following his commitment, Auburn and offensive line coach Jake Thornton continued to stay in contact.

"They stayed in my ear throughout the whole process," House said. "Even when I committed, he wished me good luck, he said that he’d still be here if I need anything. We’ve still been talking here and there."

The 6-foot-4 lineman came away impressed with how Auburn played, despite falling 27-20 to No. 1 Georgia, noting that he felt the offensive line made the right blocks and that the offense was flowing well. However, there's still a need for offensive lineman, which is a huge part of Auburn's pitch.

"They remind me about that everyday," House said. "They’ll watch my film, text me about and say how useful I can be when it comes to the offense."

It's not just Auburn hitting him up, but there is one thing about the Tigers that sticks out: Consistency.

"There’s other schools hitting me up, but Auburn’s the most consistent," House said. "They’ll hit me up every week or everyday before the game. Coach Thornton will send me a message or two before the game."

House noted that it's likely he'll return for another game this fall but remains firm in his commitment to Stanford.

"I’m glad I did come to the game today," House said.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Cole Pinkston just put in a pick for House to flip to AU with 60% confidence,

@DAG 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:12 AM, ellitor said:

Cole Pinkston says AU will not push to try to get back in this race so when House commits to Stanford today the thread will be moved to the Rivals section.

I know that was what Pink was told at the time, but looking back at this statement now is humorous!🤣

Recruiting news turns on a dime!

• Like 2

I can't imagine that any west coast school playing in the 

ACC is going to have an easy time recruiting.  Just the travel alone would be a huge turn off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

I can't imagine that any west coast school playing in the 

ACC is going to have an easy time recruiting.  Just the travel alone would be a huge turn off.

To an 18 year old? I was a scholarship athlete and couldn't WAIT to travel to games.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

To an 18 year old? I was a scholarship athlete and couldn't WAIT to travel to games.

We've also seen a lot of kids transfer because of homesickness. Plus if family wants to attend, that's a lot of time and $.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Short trips. Not bad.

But, there's no direct flights Berkeley to Clemson.  That's an all day trip against 4 time zones.  Do that several times in a season.  Would just add to the grind.

6 hours ago, Tiger1992 said:

We've also seen a lot of kids transfer because of homesickness. Plus if family wants to attend, that's a lot of time and $.

N

I

L

$$$$$$ 

On 7/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, DAG said:

“The education is amazing,” House said. “You can have whatever major you want and they’ll work around football. I don’t have to worry about my major getting in the way of football. They have ways of working around football whatever major you want. It’s beautiful… That played a big role for me. The education has always been a major point stressed by my parents. They wanted me to choose a place that would help me with football and off the field. They didn’t want me to go somewhere if I’m done playing I’d be stuck asking what I’m going to do with the rest of my life. I’m not going to be in the league for the rest of my life. I have to have something to do once I’m done playing football. This is a place where I can do that.”

not to rehash but yeah Stanford was going to get this dude. Looks like he wanted to major in cybersecurity. Good for him now that I got more context.

I'm a CISO for a global company.  I can't offer NIL, but maybe I can sway him to the plains with a job offer after colllege?  Security is where it's at!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GoudaMac said:

I'm a CISO for a global company.  I can't offer NIL, but maybe I can sway him to the plains with a job offer after colllege?  Security is where it's at!

That does sound like a good gig! Go ahead and put in a call! 

42 minutes ago, GoudaMac said:

The bammer way for the past —— years 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

The bammer way for the past —— years 

Well, technically the bammer way would mean jobs for the entire family. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Isn’t a high-level government security guy from Auburn? I thought we had some pretty good connections with our engineering school with that stuff. Obviously not maybe to the level of Stanford, but if he wanted something like that I’m pretty sure we have opportunities for that. 

20 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Isn’t a high-level government security guy from Auburn? I thought we had some pretty good connections with our engineering school with that stuff. Obviously not maybe to the level of Stanford, but if he wanted something like that I’m pretty sure we have opportunities for that. 

Are you thinking of Rogers?

https://news.auburn.edu/news_articles/2016/10/auburn-alum-and-commander-of-us-cyber-commanddirector-of-national-security-agency-to-speak-on-campus-oct.-21.php

• Thanks 1