2024 3* OT Kahlil House Picks Stanford

toddc

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Getting admitted to Stanford"???

It's very, very tough for a high school student to get admitted to Florida. I have a nephew who couldn't get into UF even paying his own way but got a full academic scholarship ride to FSU. However, Florida's policy for scholarship athletes isn't the same. Their qualifications to admit such athletes are the same as the NCAA's, which is what most SEC schools go by.

So, does Stanford do like Florida and have different qualifications for athletes? I don't know, but that's certainly a possibility.

Stanford is one of those schools that has about a 5% acceptance rate and doesn’t make a lot of exception for athletes. Their sales pitch for football (besides the power of the degree) is that they only extend about 50 offers a year for 25 spots. So to get an offer for football puts you in extremely elite company from that standpoint. 

17 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Vandy would never agree to something like that. They make their money from these big SEC tv deals that they don’t contribute too. They’ve got a good setup

I know it’s not realistic for the reasons you mentioned plus the travel. But I like the concept of it. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Getting admitted to Stanford"???

It's very, very tough for a high school student to get admitted to Florida. I have a nephew who couldn't get into UF even paying his own way but got a full academic scholarship ride to FSU. However, Florida's policy for scholarship athletes isn't the same. Their qualifications to admit such athletes are the same as the NCAA's, which is what most SEC schools go by.

So, does Stanford do like Florida and have different qualifications for athletes? I don't know, but that's certainly a possibility.

Of course Stanford has different qualifications for athletes. That's one of the beautiful things about "holistic" admissions. You can take whoever you want to take. From college confidential:

Stanford likes to make a big deal out of how “an athlete must be admitted to Stanford first” then join athletics. Don’t believe it. They’ve been good at hiding the admission test scores of elite athletes but they can’t hide from the Wonderlic.

Richard Sherman scored 24, respectable, but not Stanford admission level. His SAT scores have ranged from a reported 1000, only verifiable score, to a 1400, which remarkably, there seems to be no official confirmation, just rumor.

Solomon Thomas also scored 24.

Christian McCaffrey scored a 21.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not one person has said that and you know it. You can point out that Stanford is a top tier academic institution without crapping on Auburn. I have been one of the main people saying the kid probably made a smart decision and I have a degree from Auburn. 

So to be clear he was highly predicted to choose Auburn.  But now he is choosing Stanford because of their top tier academics vs Auburn’s academics. BTW I know no one said that directly I was being “sarcastic” I just believe an Auburn degree can give him just as many opportunities to be successful post football as well. 

11 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So to be clear he was highly predicted to choose Auburn.  But now he is choosing Stanford because of their top tier academics vs Auburn’s academics. BTW I know no one said that directly I was being “sarcastic” I just believe an Auburn degree can give him just as many opportunities to be successful post football as well. 

I don't know why he chose Stanford. Hell, we don't even know if he did. But I am just pointing out, like others, that for someone who is academically minded, choosing a school like Stanford is probably a good choice. There aren't many kids from Georgia getting that opportunity. 

I agree that Auburn provides a degree that carries with it opportunities, but let's be real here. I think its a fair assumption that a degree from Stanford carries more weight and is far more "prestigious".

Wanna know how I know that Auburn's degree's aren't all that prestigious? I got a degree from Auburn, and I am one of the least studious human beings that has ever existed. I hate school, and everything associated with it. 

With that being said, I love Auburn and I proudly paid the outrageous amount of money for one of those fancy frames with a coin in it, just to hang up my degree. So I'm not crapping on Auburn at all. Just being real. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Stanford is one of those schools that has about a 5% acceptance rate and doesn’t make a lot of exception for athletes. Their sales pitch for football (besides the power of the degree) is that they only extend about 50 offers a year for 25 spots. So to get an offer for football puts you in extremely elite company from that standpoint. 

This may be changing with the new coach.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

This may be changing with the new coach.

True, and Kahlil may not be the only top target drinking the Cardinal kool aid.  

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/troy-taylor-recruiting-top-10-class-at-stanford#:~:text=Well%2C Taylor has surprised virtually,7 in one of them.

Edited by HAPvsOA

I don't remember where I read it (maybe have been here, or LockedOnAuburn), but there is speculation that the whole Stanford thing is a fake-out to make fans appreciate him when he does commit (because of all the people whining about Auburn "making such a big deal about three star"). 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't remember where I read it (maybe have been here, or LockedOnAuburn), but there is speculation that the whole Stanford thing is a fake-out to make fans appreciate him when he does commit (because of all the people whining about Auburn "making such a big deal about three star"). 🤷‍♂️

That was my wild theory that I posted on here🙋‍♂️.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That was my wild theory that I posted on here🙋‍♂️.

If your predictions is right I am going to lmfao 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, DAG said:

If your predictions is right I am going to lmfao 

And I'll be the skinny kid in blue...

YARN | Bow to your sensei. Bow to your sensei! | Napoleon ...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And I'll be the skinny kid in blue...

YARN | Bow to your sensei. Bow to your sensei! | Napoleon ...

Hang on a minute.... I'm not predicting it. It was just my wild conspiracy😁 theory.... My prediction on Cam Coleman being a silent commit??? YESSIR

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I don't think Stanford is a fakeout, but you know Coach Freeze  didn't just shrug his shoulders and say good luck in California.  Give the kid a little time back home to contemplate the reality of playing 3000 miles away from family and friends, with Freeze making a full-court press, and who knows? 

22 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't think Stanford is a fakeout, but you know Coach Freeze  didn't just shrug his shoulders and say good luck in California.  Give the kid a little time back home to contemplate the reality of playing 3000 miles away from family and friends, with Freeze making a full-court press, and who knows? 

Yep. This is essentially what he did with walker white. It’s not over till it’s over

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep. This is essentially what he did with walker white. It’s not over till it’s over

He did, but White was 100% sold on Auburn when he set foot in Jordan Hare.  This one feels different, but I hope you are right.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hang on a minute.... I'm not predicting it. It was just my wild conspiracy😁 theory.... My prediction on Cam Coleman being a silent commit??? YESSIR

Things that are set in motion cannot be undone.

The prophecy is written, so mote it be.  

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Things that are set in motion cannot be undone.

The prophecy is written, so mote it be.  

Sometimes I think you folks are speaking pig Latin, and I haven’t been taught yet!!! Maybe I need some of fifty’s chewables. lol

• Haha 5

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* OT Kahlil House

Cole Pinkston says AU will not push to try to get back in this race so when House commits to Stanford today the thread will be moved to the Rivals section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Cole Pinkston says AU will not push to try to get back in this race so when House commits to Stanford today the thread will be moved to the Rivals section.

Then, he is an average talent and there more of those to choose from? I hope that is the case. I mean we don't see UGA or UAT wanting him.

• Like 1

No sour grapes here. The kid has talent, and he will be a loss if he picks the tree. Hope we get a miracle surprise.

• Like 1

Well, I gotta admit Stanford has a pretty clever marketing pitch.  You're an athlete, but you've got to be admitted just like anyone else. Then you can join the team.  So go ahead and apply and we'll see...Hey, look at this, wow, you got admitted! Isn't that great? What an honor, you'd be crazy to pass up this opportunity!  Much better than "Well, your grades and test scores are decent. The football coach thinks he can get you in.