2024 3* OT Kahlil House Picks Stanford

toddc

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, what's going on here? He visited Stanford over the wkend

Stanford got the last visit and they flipped the kid.

Can't argue this one as anything other than embarrassing considering that this is the main kid that they threw the "Bat Signal" party for the other weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Stanford got the last visit and they flipped the kid.

Can't argue this one as anything other than embarrassing considering that this is the main kid that they threw the "Bat Signal" party for the other weekend. 

Yeah, but something seems amiss here. I could halfway see losing him to Ole Miss. But Stanford.....I mean I get the education and all.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, what's going on here? He visited Stanford over the wkend

Not sure. My guess is he just got admitted into Stanford.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

U wanna hear my wild conspiracy theory?

I have a feeling I may regret this, but let's hear it. 😄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HAPvsOA said:

I have a feeling I may regret this, but let's hear it. 😄

Here goes.. Back 2 weekends ago when the bat signals were flying out of Gotham City left and right. There was a thread  going ON3 about all the commotion over a 3 * potential commit. Many were not impressed or thinking its a big deal.So, I'm thinking Danny Hugh has put the word out to JLee that he needs to predict a commitment to Stanford. So, in the end when House commits to AU, we can feel good about his commitment. Pretty wild, but IDK what else it could be

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Here goes.. Back 2 weekends ago when the bat signals were flying out of Gotham City left and right. There was a thread  going ON3 about all the commotion over a 3 * potential commit. Many were not impressed or thinking its a big deal.So, I'm thinking Danny Hugh has put the word out to JLee that he needs to predict a commitment to Stanford. So, in the end when House commits to AU, we can feel good about his commitment. Pretty wild, but IDK what else it could be

I wish, but my guess is he's probably always wanted to get into a top academic school and the tides have shifted on this one. 

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U wanna hear my wild conspiracy theory?

Just saying mine is he just got admitted to Stanford because that's how how Stanford came out of the blue before to beat us on a recruit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Except that Wiltfong at 247 also put in a Crystal Ball to Stanford today. If you know anything about Wiltfong, his predictions are virtually flawless. He's a national guy and not connected to Stanford nor Auburn.

This kid (House) had Ole Miss thinking that he was going there post-visit, then he visited Auburn and "committed" to us. He's probably very impressionable in which case Stanford hosting the last visit likely worked in their favor.

Maybe this recruitment isn't over, but this has nothing to do with Freeze trying to tell an AU writer to pretend like this kid is going to another school lol.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, metafour said:

Except that Wiltfong at 247 also put in a Crystal Ball to Stanford today. If you know anything about Wiltfong, his predictions are virtually flawless. He's a national guy and not connected to Stanford nor Auburn.

This kid (House) had Ole Miss thinking that he was going there post-visit, then he visited Auburn and "committed" to us. He's probably very impressionable in which case Stanford hosting the last visit likely worked in their favor.

Maybe this recruitment isn't over, but this has nothing to do with Freeze trying to tell an AU writer to pretend like this kid is going to another school lol.

Ok thanks for clearing it up for us. I have to wonder why Danny Hugh wouldn't let House go public with his commitment 2 weeks ago, if Danny Hugh had any kinda inkling that House was gonna commit to Stanford

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ok thanks for clearing it up for us. I have to wonder why Danny Hugh wouldn't let House go public with his commitment 2 weeks ago, if Danny Hugh had any kinda inkling that House was gonna commit to Stanford

Maybe Hugh knew it wouldn’t be solid.

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I have to wonder why Danny Hugh wouldn't let House go public with his commitment 2 weeks ago

I bet it was House's choice to not go public yet.

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So, in the end when House commits to AU, we can feel good about his commitment.

Why would we have not felt good about his commitment prior to that?

3 hours ago, gctiger said:

It's a tough break but it's hard to blame any kid for wanting to go to Stanford.

It’s unfortunate but I’d never be mad at somebody picking Stanford over Auburn 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Perhaps. But we can't make a habit of losing kids to Stanford

Not and won't be since we don't recruit against them much & most kids can't get admitted into Stanford.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Thread On3 about why so much commotion over a 3* commit.

Regardless of rating the staff sees it as a big miss because of where he was on our staff's board per JLee FWIW.

• Like 2

Kid is smart in more ways than one. If don't make pro's then come out of Stanford with a degree he's set for life with a  great paying job.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not and won't be since we don't recruit against them much & most kids can't get admitted into Stanford.

FWIW the only one I can remember is the DL from south Alabama Ryan Anderson and he wasn’t very productive while there, for whatever reason. 

Kid has NFL potential. If he wants to maximize his chances, he should still come to Auburn and play in the SEC. Value of that dwarfs the value of his Stanford degree.

• Like 1