Favorite Auburn player not named…

Viper

NICK FAIRLEY

can’t disagree we don’t win 2010 title without  Cam, but I’d argue the same could be said for Nick. Dude was a GAMECHANGER

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Linebacker Bobby Strickland. 1968, '69 and '70. Came to Auburn as a walkon QB from Grand Bay, al..  Coach Jordan saw something in the scout team practices, moved him to LB and Strickland became one of the best LB's in the SEC. The guy was ROUGH!

• Like 2

Zach Gilbert. Incredible work ethic and story

Karlos Dansby- incredible athlete

Jerraud Powers- similar to Zach

Silas Daniels- good friend and basketball partner

Courtney Taylor- same as silas

Tavarous Pounds- showed me the ropes at Auburn, introduced me to everybody. Stopped me from fighting Larry Casher. He would even stand up for me when people would try to get me to drink and he would tell everybody to leave me alone about that. Awesome guy.

Frank Sanders- invited me to his home in Phoenix. Grilled steaks for us. Hey cool guy. Awesome house. 

Senderrick marks

Stanley mccglover

Antoine Carter

Josh bynes- one of the best leaders we've ever had at Auburn. He was a machine and warrior. Heart of our defense when he played

Nick Marshall- doesn't even need to be explained.

Seth Williams- one of the best and most dominant wr's we've had. Even when he didn't have a good QB he would bully corners and get the ball. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

David Langner.

Gotta respect a guy who maybe weighed a buck seventy five, but wouldn't back off from anyone. 

Danny Skutack, a little bigger, but same mold. Went to high school with him, and his two brothers. 

Almost forgot Kevin Green. 

Another tough as nails dude. Who made himself into at one time the NFL all time sack leader. 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1

Tucker Frederickson, first memories I can recall about Auburn football. Was a Giants fan his rookie year.

Terry Henley, solid player, loved the 1972 team

Brent Fullwood, have to add him to the list. Still YouTube 86 vs Bammer at times.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 3

It’s Q!  Q, then Tracy Rocker and hard to forget Stacey Danley/James Joseph.   Joseph hyperventilated during tiger walk at the ‘89 iron bowl.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Stephen Davis and Ben Tate. Great running backs that were severely under utilized one could argue. Damn fun to watch. Either one get going you knew was gonna be a W.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 8:20 PM, WVR said:

Took one of the hardest hits I have ever saw,!then got up, ran off the field.

That was in the bowl game against Ohio St. wasn't it.   

Ken Bernich - great LB 

Fast Freddie Smith- he was fun to watch.

David Langner - tough as nails

• Like 1

Also, Antoine Carter...if only for the extreme hustle that led to one of the most important plays in Auburn history in running down Mark Ingram and punching the ball into the end zone.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Also, Antoine Carter...if only for the extreme hustle that led to one of the most important plays in Auburn history in running down Mark Ingram and punching the ball into the end zone.

Met his sister a few weeks ago big AU fan said Antoine is living in CA now 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tigermike said:

That was in the bowl game against Ohio St. wasn't it.   

Yes it was. 

7 hours ago, Tigermike said:

Fast Freddie Smith- he was fun to watch.

Relentless tackling machine. One of my first AU heroes. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Greg Carr

Great choice. Few of our football stars go on to be surgeons. GC was so sound in every aspect of the game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Great choice. Few of our football stars go on to be surgeons. GC was so sound in every aspect of the game. 

Great human as well. He has operated on me, sad to say, three times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Also played for my pro team Steelers

• Like 2

So many dudes to choose from now that I really think back.

Brandon Johnson-tough sob

Lutz- playmaker when his number was called 

Brandon Cox- tough as nails

Tre Smith-no quit

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

NICK MARSHALL

Nick made an interception that sealed the win in his teams (CFL) last two games.

• Love 2

This is a fun topic. A few more I like that I haven't seen mentioned:

Kodi Burns - Cool watching his transition after not working out at QB. Love that he caught a TD in the championship game. And he is still ascending as a coach. 

Onterrio McCalebb - IIRC he had a tough upbringing. Always exciting to see him in the open field. Not one to break a tackle, but he could fly. 

Ronnie Brown - Surprised he hasn't been mentioned. An all-timer. I'll never forget him crushing that UT guy in 2004. 

Kerryon Johnson - We saw how much he meant to the team when he went down. And always seemed like a cool, smart guy. 

Shon Coleman - Beat leukemia on his way to the NFL.

• Like 3