2024 4* DL TJ Lindsey Commits to AU!!

ellitor

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Can we stop talking about the misery Harsin brought us? We are beating a dead horse. Also we are doing that thing women do when they remember every mistake we make & keep reminding us.

To be fair the commits are bringing it up too. Every statement is damn near the same bringing up how the last staff was lazy and didn’t care and this staff is a complete 180

• Like 4

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

To be fair the commits are bringing it up too. Every statement is damn near the same bringing up how the last staff was lazy and didn’t care and this staff is a complete 180

Ill Allow It GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Ill Allow It GIFs | Tenor

I love it. I hope it is echoed every time so that the “Auburn persecuted poor innocent hard working Bryan Harsin” narrative becomes impossible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

Also we are doing that thing women do when they remember every mistake we make & keep reminding us.

I am unfamiliar with this phenomenon of which you speak.   If I am understanding you correctly you are actually saying that there are certain females who remind males of the mistakes the males have made previously.   I assume such females strictly apply some sensible statute of limitations in such matters -- say no discussions of mistakes that occurred more than a year and a half prior.   I also assume that such females readilly recognize some absolute defenses such as "but honey he dared me", "but baby I couldn't be the only one that didn't try it" "darling you know I had been drinking a little bit that night." 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I am unfamiliar with this phenomenon of which you speak.   If I am understanding you correctly you are actually saying that there are certain females who remind males of the mistakes the males have made previously.   I assume such females strictly apply some sensible statute of limitations in such matters -- say no discussions of mistakes that occurred more than a year and a half prior.   I also assume that such females readilly recognize some absolute defenses such as "but honey he dared me", "but baby I couldn't be the only one that didn't try it" "darling you know I had been drinking a little bit that night." 

You been talking to my wife???

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2023 at 3:22 PM, Tigermike said:

IMG_20230812_152116.jpg

“I believe in work, hard work”

- Bryan Harsin 12/24/2020

That’s how this staff did that, coach.

Well that and Yella Fella’s pocketbook. 

5 hours ago, Viper said:

“I believe in work, hard work”

That’s how this staff did that, coach.

Well that and Yella Fella’s pocketbook. 

No, he believed in..."work hard, work"

What an idiot!

On 8/12/2023 at 9:47 PM, ellitor said:

Can we stop talking about the misery Harsin brought us? We are beating a dead horse. Also we are doing that thing women do when they remember every mistake we make & keep reminding us.

E (& others), just so you know... Some on here have been victimized by gender-stereotyping (including me). Once that's happened, it's never funny & never cool. JS...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Viper said:

“I believe in (everyone but me doing) work, hard work”

FIFY

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

E (& others), just so you know... Some on here have been victimized by gender-stereotyping (including me). Once that's happened, it's never funny & never cool. JS...

@TigerTennis80 It's a harmless light hearted joke based on many experiences many mem have had with their significant others. It's not intended as mean in any way.

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@TigerTennis80 It's a harmless light hearted joke based on many experiences many mem have had with their significant others. It's not intended as mean in any way.

Thanks E, & I absolutely believe you had no "mean-spirited" intentions here. I'll add here, as I've said before, I appreciate & respect so much your contributions to this Board. I always note your posts & will continue to do so. And I'll also repeat that my experience of using stereotypes (I'm sorry to say) & having them used against me is that even light-hearted ones have unintended consequences. Not trying to get too serious or anything. Just having my brief say. FWIW. Now, back to recruiting news...  :)

• Like 1

Sorry guys I’m maaaaaaj late to the party!!!! Just now getting over the flory heartbreak!!! 😭😂🤦‍♂️😆🤣😢😔

Woooooo!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the freaking show TJ!!!! I just know you will work out a lot better than our last teeeej!!! 😁🤞

IMG_4957.gif

IMG_4958.gif

IMG_4959.gif

IMG_4960.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 4:35 PM, TigerTennis80 said:

TT80, I'm guessing you played tennis at AU in the 80's.    So, WDE!!   I'm an old beat up soul in need of education on many fronts (and some might say a pysch eval....)   I'm asking, so you don't need to feel like you are doing anything wrong, I know what gender-stereotyping is, but I'm curious about how one becomes victimized by it?  At my age, I know I have lots to learn and I'm never ashamed to admit that I am a work in progress and have a long way to go.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

TT80, I'm guessing you played tennis at AU in the 80's.    So, WDE!!   I'm an old beat up soul in need of education on many fronts (and some might say a pysch eval....)   I'm asking, so you don't need to feel like you are doing anything wrong, I know what gender-stereotyping is, but I'm curious about how one becomes victimized by it?  At my age, I know I have lots to learn and I'm never ashamed to admit that I am a work in progress and have a long way to go.   

No offense at all, but can this go somewhere else please?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

No offense at all, but can this go somewhere else please?

I understand but I'm gonna leave it. 

We can all do better in some way. I hate that TT80 ever felt that way. Education is key and I'm willing to listen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We can all do better in some way. I hate that TT80 ever felt that way. Education is key and I'm willing to listen.

Yup! My aplogies @TigerTennis80!

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Yes, LPTiger, I played tennis at AU, actually graduated in 80.  WDE indeed! Thanks to you & to the others who expressed interest in my comment about gender-stereotyping. LPTiger, you asked specifically about how one is victimized by gender-stereotyping. The best way I know to answer is to give an example. So, let's say there's a meeting of some kind in a work setting, & I'm 1 of only 2 women present in a group of, say, 10. In that meeting one of the men says something which makes me really angry (for the purposes of this example, let's assume my anger is justified--like maybe he presented my idea as his own) so that I respond forcefully in some way like, "Wait a minute, you know damn good & well that that idea came from my department!" So, what happens next? If 2 men have this kind of exchange, it's often treated as "just 2 guys having it out." But my response (the one above) may well be met by an awkward silence which is followed by comments about "inappropriate" behavior on my part because of the stereotype that "ladies" don't get angry, don't raise their voices, are always pleasant, always team players, etc. Then the focus becomes my "inappropriate" behavior rather than what the guy did that made me (justifiably) angry. Then, if it's actually me involved, things may get worse for me because when I get really angry, I may well get teary-eyed which will most likely be met with the "women are too emotional" stereotype so that now there's the chance to focus on how inappropriate women in that setting are generally. At the end of that meeting, gender stereotypes have enabled my professional presence to be undermined in that setting while the guy who actually conducted himself inappropriately walks out unscathed. There's still more. Remember I said there was another woman in the meeting? Well, she sees what happens to me when I dared to speak up, so whenever something like this happens to her down the road, she doesn't say a word. She chokes on her anger for fear that what happened to me will happen to her. Consequently, she actually contributes to the stereotyping by being quiet, pleasant, "lady-like," a team player, etc. So, she unintentionally cooperates with her own diminishment.

Now y'all will have to tell me if that example does any "educating." 

BTW, I want to be clear that I don't equate E's comment with the example I've just given. I believe him when he said he intended it to be lighthearted. What I said in my post was that, having been a victim of gender stereotyping, I just can't find it funny or cool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Yes, LPTiger, I played tennis at AU, actually graduated in 80.  WDE indeed! Thanks to you & to the others who expressed interest in my comment about gender-stereotyping. LPTiger, you asked specifically about how one is victimized by gender-stereotyping. The best way I know to answer is to give an example. So, let's say there's a meeting of some kind in a work setting, & I'm 1 of only 2 women present in a group of, say, 10. In that meeting one of the men says something which makes me really angry (for the purposes of this example, let's assume my anger is justified--like maybe he presented my idea as his own) so that I respond forcefully in some way like, "Wait a minute, you know damn good & well that that idea came from my department!" So, what happens next? If 2 men have this kind of exchange, it's often treated as "just 2 guys having it out." But my response (the one above) may well be met by an awkward silence which is followed by comments about "inappropriate" behavior on my part because of the stereotype that "ladies" don't get angry, don't raise their voices, are always pleasant, always team players, etc. Then the focus becomes my "inappropriate" behavior rather than what the guy did that made me (justifiably) angry. Then, if it's actually me involved, things may get worse for me because when I get really angry, I may well get teary-eyed which will most likely be met with the "women are too emotional" stereotype so that now there's the chance to focus on how inappropriate women in that setting are generally. At the end of that meeting, gender stereotypes have enabled my professional presence to be undermined in that setting while the guy who actually conducted himself inappropriately walks out unscathed. There's still more. Remember I said there was another woman in the meeting? Well, she sees what happens to me when I dared to speak up, so whenever something like this happens to her down the road, she doesn't say a word. She chokes on her anger for fear that what happened to me will happen to her. Consequently, she actually contributes to the stereotyping by being quiet, pleasant, "lady-like," a team player, etc. So, she unintentionally cooperates with her own diminishment.

Now y'all will have to tell me if that example does any "educating." 

BTW, I want to be clear that I don't equate E's comment with the example I've just given. I believe him when he said he intended it to be lighthearted. What I said in my post was that, having been a victim of gender stereotyping, I just can't find it funny or cool. 

THIS so beautifully illustrates the benefit of dialogue and discourse.   When you first posted I had little to no idea what you meant.   This brings it to life, and yes it is educating.   Thank-you for taking the time.    TT80, we do have lots of crusty men here, me included.   So I am asking for your patience on behalf of all of us.   I suspect that there will be things written on occasion that will make you want to push away, but I feel confident in saying everyone here loves one another because everyone here loves Auburn.   Instead of pushing away, I ask that you push back in the very professional way you just did.  Over time, with your help some of us may even become less crusty.  War Eagle TT80. 

3 hours ago, TigerTennis80 said:

What I said in my post was that, having been a victim of gender stereotyping, I just can't find it funny or coo

I understand & I'm completely sorry for what I said.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I understand & I'm completely sorry for what I said.

Thanks for that, E. And thanks to LPTiger & Bird & others who were interested & willing to hear. War Eagle y'all!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic