2024 4* DL TJ Lindsey Commits to AU!!

ellitor

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zeek changed the title to 2024 4* DL TJ Lindsey - Commits to Auburn!!

https://x.com/pwrofdixieland/status/1690438945429921793?s=46&t=OtqBJvNJTzhJNnPRA2TGtA

Auburn lands commitment from touted DL TJ Lindsey

Hugh Freeze and the Tigers are up to No. 14 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings.

STEVE WILTFONG4 mins0

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy defensive lineman TJ Lindsey announced his commitment to Auburn on Saturday afternoon choosing the Tigers over his other finalists in Alabama, Texas and Texas A&M.

“They provided me with opportunity in everything, on the field and off the field, life, connections, just everything,” Lindsey said.

The 6-foot-3, 265-pound Lindsey is commit No. 16 for head coach Hugh Freeze and company, adding to a haul that rises two spots to No. 14 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings. Lindsey loves the trajectory of the program under Freeze and this first-year staff.

“Auburn used to be a real powerhouse and that went away,” Lindsey said. “He’s completely changed the team, brought the right people in, the right coaches in. We have an amazing coaching staff. We have the potential to be the best of the best.”

Future position coach Jeremy Garrett led the way in recruiting Lindsey to Auburn.

“We’ve built like an amazing relationship since January,” Lindsey said. “Definitely the coach I connected with the most on a personal level, a professional level. His coaching, he’s young in his career but he’s already done so much and I definitely feel he’s able to get me to the next level.”

Lindsey has over 30 offers total and is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 34 defensive lineman in the class. The atmosphere at Auburn also made him feel at home.

“The environment and the fans, definitely the biggest support I saw was from Auburn and the most attention I got was from Auburn fans and I love the city of Auburn too,” Lindsey said.

• Like 5

Keep em coming CHF!

IMG_2960.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think there’s a problem posting twitter on the forum today. Did you try to add this tweet?

22 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

way too many P5 offers to only be ranked 34th DL

My thought too. Big guy moves well for 265 lbs. Why is he not ranked higher?

• Like 1

BREAKING: 4-star DL TJ Lindsey commits to Auburn: 'They have everything I am looking for'

Jeffrey Lee•about 1 hour

IMG Academy (Fla.) four-star defensive lineman TJ Lindsey has committed to Auburn football.

Lindsey, who is ranked the No. 30 defensive lineman in the country, announced his decision on Saturday. He chose Auburn over his other finalists: Texas, Miami, Alabama and Texas A&M.

“It’s about the opportunity at Auburn,” Lindsey said. “They have a new staff. It is a brand new team and Auburn has a new energy. There are a lot of opportunities there.”

Lindsey’s decision comes two weeks after Auburn’s Big Cat Weekend. He was unable to attend the Tigers’ big recruiting event, but his parents but made the trip. Lindsey took an official visit to Auburn in June.

“They just have everything that I am looking for and that I would want or need,” he said. “Just the people and the environment. I’ve been everywhere and seen all the fancy things, so it really just comes down to people.

“I just had a really good time with everything from the players to the coaches and how they treated me and my family.”

Lindsey high on Auburn DL coach Jeremy Garrett

Lindsey also has a very high opinion of Auburn’s first-year defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett. The two have developed a strong bond since Garrett began his recruitment of Lindsey back in January.

“Coach Garrett is amazing,” he said. “That’s been my guy. We’ve been close for a minute now. He offered me in January and talks to me almost every week–real talks, too. We have some genuine long conversations.”

Lindsey also likes Auburn coach Hugh Freeze.

“He’s probably the realest coach I’ve been around,” he said. “He doesn’t sugarcoat anything, but he’s a good genuine hearted person at the same time.”

Lindsey is Auburn’s 16th commitment and 10th on defense. He’s also the second defensive lineman to commit to the Tigers, joining three-star Malik Blocton.

According to Lindsey, Auburn projects him as a versatile lineman who could play all along the defensive front.

“They see me everywhere from a 5 to a 3 to potentially at jack,” he said.

Lindsey is listed at 6-foot-3 and 270 pounds. He’s ranked the No. 343 overall recruit in the 2024 class in the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He also ranks the No. 48 overall recruit in Florida.

2 STRENGTHS

— Before ever looking at Lindsey’s film, he has an SEC level frame. Actually, it is an NFL level frame. He is listed at 6-foot-3 270 pounds, but he has the frame to add more weight. Interestingly, even if he adds more weight, he can still play as a strong side end or 3-technique. He is a versatile prospect on the defensive line.

— Lindsey is not ready to slide down and be an interior defensive lineman, but he can be with some training and added strength. With his size, he has excellent mobility. Lindsey can run and he can rush the passer as a defensive lineman. His size and frame would suggest he plays on the inside, but he has enough athleticism to play all over. 

1 AREA FOR IMPROVEMENT

— Athleticism is not a problem and will not be a problem moving forward. Hands and separation appear to be his one downfall early on. That, of course, is coachable. He will have to use his length to get offensive linemen out of his body more consistently. Right now, he lets his opponents get hands on too often and loses some reps because of it. When he fixes that, he will be tough to deal with.

33 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Awesome!

way too many P5 offers to only be ranked 34th DL.  Looks like we got a goodin 

His film from last year is mediocre but he’s totally transformed his body and IMG is really cleaning up his technique 

• Thanks 1