Maybe we are not as divided as we think

LPTiger

Are you following the Jason Aldean saga i.e. his song/video "try that in a small town?"   The song begins -- sucker punch somebody on the sidewalk, car jack an old woman at a red light, pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store, you think its cool but act a fool if you like, cuss out a cop, spit in his face, stomp on the flag and light it up, yeah ya think you're tough -- try that in a small town.   He essentially says small towns look after one another and has each other backs.    The left hand gone crazy calling the song racist and an incitement to violence.   There is just one small problem -- IT ISN'T.   AND several prominent civil right activists are saying so out loud.   Since the controversy started one week ago, the video has had 18,000,000 views.   If you read the comments to the video non-activist black folks don't find it offensive either.   There are many comments about the violence in the big cities and how everyone is tired of it.    Maybe we are not as divided as we think we are.   We are still the greatest country in the world despite the media's narrative.    And maybe people living outside small towns feel that way and we just don't know it.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 2

We absolutely are not as divided as some want us to believe.  Division is profitable and builds loyalty without real problems being addressed.

• Like 2

This song has nothing to do with the real divisions in our country. We are truly divided as a society --politically, socially, racially, and economically. The song is irrelevant.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, AURex said:

This song has nothing to do with the real divisions in our country. We are truly divided as a society --politically, socially, racially, and economically. The song is irrelevant.

Thanks for pep talk…Debbie Downer!  It’s people like you that want to continue to push the narrative and division.    It’s the I’m a victim mentality or someone is always a victim mentality that you probably adhere to.    

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Rex we can debate how relevant the song is, but saying it is irrelevant is not accurate.  Here are a few facts.   It was released months ago with no fanfare and no attention paid to it.   In just one week since the left started trying to cancel it, it has risen to number 2 on the Hot 100 and number one on the country Hot 100.   19 million people have viewed the video.   It calls out ills like "the knockout game," carjackings, abuse of cops and abuse of our flag.   The media has used the song to try to divide the country even further by trotting out the same gameplan they always use -- racism.  But the people -- both white and black, from big and small towns -- aren't buying it.    Instead, they are buying the song.    I think and hope, it is evidence, maybe not clear and convincing evidence, but at least a scintilla, that we are not as divided as it seems we are. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Nothing brings a nation together like a pop country song about vigilante gangs shooting/beating up people who step on a flag or disrespect a police officer.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nothing brings a nation together like a pop country song about vigilante gangs shooting/beating up people who step on a flag or disrespect a police officer.

Coffee, have you listened to the song?   There is nothing in it about vigilante gangs shooting people for any reason.    It is up tp 20MM views on Youtube.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

The song is stupid. 

Dud, is sucker-punching someone on the sidewalk, car-jacking old women, robbing stores and burning the flag smart?    One would think we could all at least agree that these things should be condemned and someone doing so isn't dumb.   Wishful thinking I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Nothing brings a country together like a protest that suddenly becomes “mostly peaceful “, burning, looting and killing all in the name of injustice.   Nothing is more American than seeing groups of individuals run into a pharmacy, department store or liquor store and steal with impunity.    Nothing is more American.   Bravo my man!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Christ y'all are such easy marks. 

Yeah…you got us.  I think you’re called a mark in someone’s underwear.   

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Scalding.

On 7/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, AURex said:

Only  because the MSM and professional victims  tell you that. Can't believe you fall for that BS.

• Dislike 2

The video of the stupid, irrelevant Jason Aldean song now has 21MM views on YouTube alone.  I bet JA's bankers appreciate his stupidity and irrelevancy. 

• Facepalm 1

Don't need them librul commies stirrin up the people with there nonsense.  Theys all ways tryin to make the minorities and young people rebel against authority.  They aint got no respect for nothin.  They don't like law and order.  We need us more small town type sherriffs that don't take no BS from no librul commies.

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

The video of the stupid, irrelevant Jason Aldean song now has 21MM views on YouTube alone.  I bet JA's bankers appreciate his stupidity and irrelevancy. 

"Eat s***. Trillions of flies can't be wrong."

Just now, AUDub said:

"Eat s***. Trillions of flies can't be wrong."

You comparing flies to your fellow Americans?   Just a bunch of dispicable people if they don't agree with you.   Right out of ole Hill's playbook.   Unreal.

Just now, LPTiger said:

You comparing flies to your fellow Americans?   Just a bunch of dispicable people if they don't agree with you.   Right out of ole Hill's playbook.   Unreal.

It's a absurd reduction of your argumentum ad populum, a fallacy.

Lighten up.  

• Thanks 1

(David would like it because it's Bill Maher lol)

20 hours ago, aubaseball said:

when someone jumps you with this kind of statement you get all butthurt dude. you a hash mark expert now? do you do the sniff and taste test to make sure it is real?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

when someone jumps you with this kind of statement you get all butthurt dude. you a hash mark expert now? do you do the sniff and taste test to make sure it is real?

White 50 cent jumping in.   Bong must be hot heavy right now.   Bravo my man. Bravo.   

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Don't need them librul commies stirrin up the people with there nonsense.  Theys all ways tryin to make the minorities and young people rebel against authority.  They aint got no respect for nothin.  They don't like law and order.  We need us more small town type sherriffs that don't take no BS from no librul commies.

So is your only technique to  face palm, fire up some Beverly hillbilly lingo, attack a few southern states, and then maybe give your 101 political science primer on power and capitalism? Over and over. My 2 cents - let’s shake it up a bit and try a little… variety.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

White 50 cent jumping in.   Bong must be hot heavy right now.   Bravo my man. Bravo.   

keep up goofball. i do gummys now. got it? gummys................