2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)

toddc

FWIW JHead on Kam

The ebbs and flows of high end blue chip recruitments is always a rollercoaster ride. Lot of confidence on the Ole Miss side with regard to Kam Franklin, and yet I haven’t heard anything from the Auburn side that makes me believe they’re out of this recruitment.

I always find recruitments like this fascinating, as it typically comes down to the last hours and minutes before either side truly knows what the decision is, as most leaks come from people around the prospect and not actually the recruit themselves. Ole Miss is all in here on someone they’ve decided is a can’t miss recruit and have ramped up state wide pressure on him to stay in the Sip, Auburn has equally placed a lot of value on landing Kam and won’t concede him until the pen meets paper in December. The stage is set for one fan base to be ecstatic and the other to be highly disappointed, so just another soon to be fall Saturday in the SEC. This is 5 star recruiting ladies and gentlemen, enjoy the ride!

And from AUtigers07 who's an insider who usually has a good feel on things.

it is far more likely that this has been setup to keep the pressure off from in-state folks than it is to believe that he changed his mind in the last 72 hours to a school who was essentially out when he announced his commitment date.

Possible? Sure. I'm not going to stoop and say the only reason is NIL. It's not. If he did change his mind (he was all set for Auburn when his commitment date was announced) then he really did just decide that playing for an in-state school was something he previously didn't care for and now does. It is just NIL though, because all offers will be relatively equal here. Always will be when it comes to recruits of this great importance to each school involved.

Read some other 07 posts & it's like a Bigbird echo FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Zeek said:

TBF of all the “insiders” that dude is a total clown 

I think most Reb mods are.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JHead on Kam

And from AUtigers07 who's an insider who usually has a good feel on things.

Read some other 07 posts & it's like a Bigbird echo FWIW.

I was reading it and thinking, "this guy is on top of it!"

Thanks for posting it.

Everything is lining up AU until 48 hours ago.  They're dead set on beating CHF for this one recruit.  They're spending most their HS NIL budget on him. Will it be enough to overcome the long term relationships we've built and he's built with others here? We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Thanks for posting it.

Everything is lining up AU until 48 hours ago.  They're dead set on beating CHF for this one recruit.  They're spending most their HS NIL budget on him. Will it be enough to overcome the long term relationships we've built and he's built with others here? We'll see.

I would think we’re willing to match. This kid, Carter, and Patterson are all crucial to finishing this class strong. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I would think we’re willing to match. This kid, Carter, and Patterson are all crucial to finishing this class strong. 

I would too but it's a 18 year old kid.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Thanks for posting it.

That is what I thought without having any sources. They need one recruit to say Lane can recruit and that he can beat a big dog. Auburn has to decide if he is a five star worth fighting for or if there are players just as good who don't have the same ranking. For us, we just like to win.  Dang!

In addition, We are Ole Miss's Georgia. Our effort and passion to beat UGA for a recruit is certainly at the top.

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 2

Thanks for posting it.

I will say this knowing full well that players like this won't be with you four years but which coach is more likely to still be around in four years. Kiffin or Freeze?  I think the answer is obvious and should be even to an 18 year old. Hopefully money isn't all he is driven by but I say that without ever standing in his shoes at that age. 

This is a big head to head for Freeze and Kiffin and everyone knows it. Not gonna be a good look to let Ole Miss out money us here. Hopefully we can out bid those poor folk and move on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would too but it's a 18 year old kid.  

If it’s a mega offer, even if Auburn could match it, there’s soooo many other kids they have to account for, both recruits and ones of the campus. I don’t know what amount Auburn is working with, but I am 97% sure they have a very defined amount they can offer a given recruit while still being able to operate normally. And they shouldn’t break that for anyone short of 2010 Cam Newton 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If it’s a mega offer, even if Auburn could match it, there’s soooo many other kids they have to account for, both recruits and ones of the campus. I don’t know what amount Auburn is working with, but I am 97% sure they have a very defined amount they can offer a given recruit while still being able to operate normally. And they shouldn’t break that for anyone short of 2010 Cam Newton 

ChF has his own ranges based on his own evals and he has proven he won't go past them.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not gonna be a good look to let Ole Miss out money us here. Hopefully we can out bid those poor folk and move on.

@AuCivilEng1 I could be wrong & Bird can correct me if I am but I don't think Hugh is just going to get in a straight up bidding war.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 I could be wrong & Bird can correct me if I am but I don't think Hugh is just going to get in a straight up bidding war.

Correct. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is a big head to head for Freeze and Kiffin and everyone knows it. Not gonna be a good look to let Ole Miss out money us here. Hopefully we can out bid those poor folk and move on.

I don’t see it as a huge loss since he’s out of state. Would be a far bigger deal for OM to lose him, IMO. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ahhhhh

stressing this one a bit because I’ve ran my mouth lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

58 minutes ahhhhh

stressing this one a bit because I’ve ran my mouth lol

I hate when that happens 

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don’t see it as a huge loss since he’s out of state. Would be a far bigger deal for OM to lose him, IMO. 

If our run game on the DL struggles this years as it appears to have in early Fall camp it would be a big loss if he could be a plug and play there.

• Like 2

Hopefully he picks the good guys. Worst-case scenario: it’s great to drain OM’s NIL budget after draining their coaching budget 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Civ right now, especially if Rebs win here

Wwe Rage GIFs | Tenor

Nah I’m not gonna rage. It is what it is. It would be extremely disappointing to lose a five star to a coach who doesn’t even work hard as a recruiter. 

ChF has his own ranges based on his own evals and he has proven he won't go past them.  

Backing what I was saying there in that post, but I also think this SHOULD be the case when you are operating with a shared pool (which is how I understand our NIL collective works). People gotta understand, you cant be "Everything School" if you have to trade 4 baseball players, 2 5 star gymnasts, maybe a basketball player just to win a bidding war for one football player

• Like 2