2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)

toddc

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That’s very strange if that’s the case. If that’s the case for all the programs, then that basically means if you’re making a donation to On To Victry for gymnastics, they’re just taking and applying it to football against your wishes 

Auburn’s football program is too big to fail, I would be more concerned with the smaller sports if they are forced to bankroll their own rosters exclusively

I don't know how OTV works relative to each individual sport or the allocation of funds to each sport.  You mentioned it was your understanding OTV operated under a shared pool.  I'm interested to know how coaches like Bruce/Butch feel about busting their arse fundraising for their sport and the funds getting pooled together and then the $$ gets split on a prorata share basis with the giant that is football?

Perhaps RIR or WDEWDE may have some insight on this?  IDK? 

10 hours ago, JerryAU said:
10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know how OTV works relative to each individual sport or the allocation of funds to each sport. 

When a donation is made to OTV, the donor may indicate what sport gets his money. One can say 100% Baseball, 50/50 Baseball/Basketball, 100% Football or whatever. I suppose if no selection is made the managers can put it wherever they see fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ole miss most likely outbid everyone for his services. They were running fourth but in a NIL world they decided 48 hours out for his commitment they would price out AU and the rest of his top 3 because he meant more to them than everyone else because he’s the number 1 player in Mississippi.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ole miss most likely outbid everyone for his services. They were running fourth but in a NIL world they decided 48 hours out for his commitment they would price out AU and the rest of his top 3 because he meant more to them than everyone else because he’s the number 1 player in Mississippi.

Is the line of thinking that if OM turns in a mediocre season that Franklin will take an NIL pay cut and flip over to Auburn?

I don’t see Kiffin getting fired and them having to pay his buyout and if he peters out to end the season then what other team is going to want to pull him away from OM and have to pay his buyout?

I’m just trying to find a scenario where Franklin would flip to Auburn without us having to put in a higher NIL package than what OM overpaid for him.?.?

Kiffin’s always got wandering eyes…it’s just who he is. He’s always looking for the next bigger, better thing. I wouldn’t be surprised for him to take a jump to a bigger/better school, or perhaps even the NFL.

The way he handled things at the end of last year likely soured his relationship with the OM faithful, and I’m sure they wouldn’t be too sad to get their largest financial liability off their hands should the right opportunity come calling, especially if he continues to be unable to beat quality teams. However, they could just as easily be satisfied with 7-5 / 8-4 seasons. Between Kiffin and Golding, they’ve been known to not make the best professional decisions…

And, perhaps Freeze and co. could work their magic and get a signing day flip even if none of the above scenarios should work themselves out

I find it interesting that Bama and UGA were not serious players for two 5 stars like Kam Franklin and Jordan Ross. I wonder if they rate them a little lower than the recruiting services, or were those two players just not interested?

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I find it interesting that Bama and UGA were not serious players for two 5 stars like Kam Franklin and Jordan Ross. I wonder if they rate them a little lower than the recruiting services, or were those two players just not interested?

@Gowebb11 We weren't interested in Ross either. Supposely some kind of issue there. On Kam & Bama posssibly. They took 3* Faga from Central PC instead of getting in the Kam sweepstakes. On UGA they have taken 3 projected DTs. 2 of which are highly rated.

• Like 2