2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)

toddc

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guess that wraps up our chances at another 5* unless we can flip one of these guys.

Patterson 

• Like 1

Well that stinks. I was really hoping he’d pick the good guys. Maybe things can change over the course of this season before early signing day.

Edited by PigskinPat

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guess that wraps up our chances at another 5* 

@AuCivilEng1 Nope! If Ole Miss implodes like I think they might, we could flip Kam late.

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* DL Kamarion (Kam) Franklin (Ole Miss)
11 hours ago, EricLCountry said:

KJ was very close. I was right about TJ Lindsey though. Him and Perry.

This is why we don’t guarantee any recruits. Not that it jinxes anything just bad JuJu. When insiders start having “doubts” then it usually is bad for us.some advise, Just sit back, sip some tea and enjoy the process. Life is better when you do

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Nope! If Ole Miss implodes like I think they might, we could flip Kam late.

Did you cut out my comment about us flipping a guy so you could tell me we could flip a guy? 😂

Not to “cope” but Ole Miss spent a huge percentage of their NIL resources to get this kid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Not to “cope” but Ole Miss spent a huge percentage of their NIL resources to get this kid.

We single-handedly depleted their coaching budget and their recruiting budget.    Your welcome MSU and other OM rivals!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see any of our 5 star losses as the end all be all. One is on an A&M team that has to win or their entire regime crumbles, Bolden is probably where he’ll be but he still has a visit left, and this fella is on a program where the coach does not want to be at

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have to wonder how much of this is orchestrated by the kids’ agents / influencers. The best way to increase your payout with x school is to flirt with y school that has more resources.

• Like 2

The NIL has made services like On3 and 247 a massive influencer in creating 5* bidding wars.  Easy to see corruption becoming an issue in granting stars. Ultimately programs will have to decide whether to dilute their nil on a few 5*s or to balance on more “cost effective” 4*s - its similar to what nba GMs have to decide on a few superstars vs more consistent talent roster breath and depth.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why would OM implode?

They did last season…and their coach has said as much don’t expect a phenomenal culture and always has wandering eyes looking towards his next stop. Lastly, I believe he has only beaten 1 top 25 team and/or a team with greater than an 8-4 record, if I recall correctly

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

I have to wonder how much of this is orchestrated by the kids’ agents / influencers

Some of it is definitely for drama for sure. Like come on, things changed in the last 24-48 hours? Even for guys that flip for us. It is what it is. But I am big on not wasting time once kids choose to commit. I would not waste my time trying to flip unless it was like a situation we seen at Stanford. Let's go full court on other prospects.

• Like 1

Nil has made an already dramatic process that is recruiting Even more crazy with wild swings. Ole miss was an afterthought in this whole process until 48 hours ago. Running fourth. NIL era shows no one is ever out of it if they wake up one day and decide they want a recruit bad enough.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

This is why we don’t guarantee any recruits. Not that it jinxes anything just bad JuJu. When insiders start having “doubts” then it usually is bad for us.some advise, Just sit back, sip some tea and enjoy the process. Life is better when you do

No other way to do it.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

if they wake up one day and decide they want a recruit bad enough

Desperate enough...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

Why would OM implode?

@woodford They did last year & I don't think they are as good as they & others think they are.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Did you cut out my comment about us flipping a guy so you could tell me we could flip a guy? 😂

Ues because you clearly weren't including Kam in the way your post was worded.